- The report contains detailed information about Buckeye Partners LP that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Buckeye Partners LP. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Buckeye Partners LP financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Buckeye Partners LP competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Buckeye Partners LP business.
About Buckeye Partners LP
Buckeye Partners, L.P. operates an independent refined petroleum products pipeline system in the United States. The companys pipeline in terms of volumes delivered with approximately 5,400 miles of pipeline and 67 active products terminals that provide aggregate storage capacity of approximately 27.2 million barrels. In addition, Buckeye operates and maintains approximately 2,400 miles of other pipelines under agreements with major oil and chemical companies.
The company owns and operates a major natural gas storage facility in northern California which provides approximately 40 billion cubic feet (Bcf) of total natural gas storage capacity (including pad gas), and are a wholesale distributor of refined petroleum products in the United States in areas also served by its pipelines and terminals.
The company conducts all of its operations through operating subsidiaries, which are referred to as the Operating Subsidiaries:
Buckeye Pipe Line Company, L.P. (Buckeye Pipe Line), which owns an approximately 2,643-mile refined petroleum products pipeline system serving major population centers in eight states. It is the primary jet fuel transporter to John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK Airport), LaGuardia Airport, and Newark Liberty International Airport (Newark Airport).
Laurel Pipe Line Company, L.P. (Laurel), which owns an approximately 345-mile refined petroleum products pipeline connecting five Philadelphia area refineries to 10 delivery points across Pennsylvania.
Wood River Pipe Lines LLC (Wood River), which owns six refined petroleum products pipelines with aggregate mileage of approximately 1,287 miles located in Illinois, Indiana, Missouri and Ohio. Wood River includes two pipelines that the company acquired in 2009.
Buckeye Pipe Line Transportation LLC (BPL Transportation), which owns a refined petroleum products pipeline system with aggregate mileage of approximately 478 miles located in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
Everglades Pipe Line Company, L.P. (Everglades), which owns an approximately 37-mile refined petroleum products pipeline connecting Port Everglades, Florida to Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and Miami International Airport. It is the primary jet fuel transporter to Miami International Airport.
Buckeye Pipe Line Holdings, L.P. (BPH), which owns (or in certain instances leases from other Operating Subsidiaries) 62 refined petroleum and other products terminals with aggregate storage capacity of approximately 26.2 million barrels and 574 miles of pipelines in the Midwest and West Coast. BPHs terminal holdings include three terminals that the company acquired 2009. BPH operates, through its subsidiaries, terminals and pipelines for third parties. BPH also holds non controlling stock interests in two Midwest refined petroleum products pipelines and a natural gas liquids (NGLs) pipeline system.
Buckeye Gas Storage LLC (Buckeye Gas), which, through its subsidiary Lodi Gas Storage, L.L.C (Lodi Gas), owns a natural gas storage facility in northern California, which provides approximately 40 Bcf of total natural gas storage capacity (including pad gas).
Buckeye Energy Holdings LLC (Buckeye Energy), which, through its subsidiary Buckeye Energy Services LLC, markets refined petroleum products in areas served by Buckeye's pipelines and terminals and also owns five refined petroleum product terminals with aggregate storage capacity of 1.0 million barrels and other distribution assets located in northeastern and central Pennsylvania.
Pipeline Operations segment
The Pipeline Operations segment owns and operates approximately 5,400 miles of pipeline that are located primarily in the Northeastern and upper Midwestern portions of the United States and services approximately 100 delivery locations. This segment transports refined petroleum products, including gasoline, jet fuel, diesel fuel, heating oil, kerosene and natural gas liquids, from major supply sources to terminals and airports located with in end-use markets. The pipelines with in this segment also transport other refined products, such as propane and b
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Buckeye Partners LP Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Buckeye Partners LP and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Buckeye Partners LP and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Buckeye Partners LP Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Buckeye Partners LP Industry Position Analysis
6. BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Buckeye Partners LP Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Buckeye Partners LP Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Buckeye Partners LP Major Shareholders
Buckeye Partners LP History
Buckeye Partners LP Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Buckeye Partners LP Offices and Representations
Buckeye Partners LP SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Buckeye Partners LP Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Buckeye Partners LP Capital Market Snapshot
Buckeye Partners LP Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Buckeye Partners LP Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Buckeye Partners LP Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Buckeye Partners LP Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Buckeye Partners LP 1-year Stock Charts
Buckeye Partners LP 5-year Stock Charts
Buckeye Partners LP vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Buckeye Partners LP vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Buckeye Partners LP Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?