- The report contains detailed information about BP plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for BP plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The BP plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes BP plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of BP plc business.
About BP plc
BP plc operates as an oil and gas company worldwide. The company operates in approximately 80 countries, providing customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, retail services, and petrochemicals products for everyday items. The company has operations in Europe, the U.S., Canada, Russia, South America, Australasia, Asia and parts of Africa.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys proved reserves were 18,292 mmboe (12,621 mmboe for subsidiaries and 5,671 mmboe for equity-accounted entities). Its proved reserves in subsidiaries are located in the U.S., South America, Australasia, Africa, and the U.K. Its proved reserves in equity-accounted entities are located in Russia, South America, and Rest of Asia.
The companys interests and activities covered two business segments in 2009: Exploration and Production and Refining and Marketing. BPs activities in low-carbon energy are managed through Alternative Energy business, which is included within Other businesses.
Exploration and Productions activities cover three areas. Upstream activities include oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production. Midstream activities include pipeline, transportation and processing activities related to upstream activities. Marketing and trading activities include the marketing and trading of natural gas, including liquefied natural gas (LNG), together with power and natural gas liquids (NGLs). Exploration and Production segment conducts upstream and midstream activities in 30 countries. The segments geographical coverage in these activities includes Angola, Azerbaijan, Canada, Egypt, Russia, Trinidad & Tobago (Trinidad), Norway, the U.K., the U.S. and locations within Asia Pacific, Latin America, North Africa, and the Middle East. Exploration and Production segment also includes gas marketing and trading activities, primarily in Canada, Europe and the U.S. In Russia, the company has an associate through 50% shareholding in TNK-BP, a major oil company with exploration assets, refineries and other downstream infrastructure.
Refining and Marketings activities include the supply and trading, refining, manufacturing, marketing and transportation of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemicals products and related services. In Refining and Marketing, the company markets products in approximately 80 countries, with a presence in the U.S. and Europe, as well as major activities in Australia, Southern Africa, India, and China. In the U.S., the company owns or has a share in five refineries and market primarily under the Amoco, ARCO, BP, and Castrol brands. In Europe, the company owns or has a share in seven refineries and markets across the region, primarily under the Aral, BP, and Castrol brands.
The companys activities within the U.S. take place in three main areas: deepwater Gulf of Mexico, Lower 48 states, and Alaska.
Lower 48 states: The companys North America Gas business operates onshore in the Lower 48 states producing natural gas, natural gas liquids, and coalbed methane across 14 states. In 2009, the company drilled approximately 300 wells as operator.
Alaska: The company operates 15 North Slope oil fields (including Prudhoe Bay, Endicott, Northstar, and Milne Point) and four North Slope pipelines, and owns a significant interest in six other producing fields.
Canada: In Canada, the company operates in five provinces and two territories, exploring for, developing, producing and processing natural gas and heavy crude oil. It also holds an interest in an oil sands joint venture with Husky Energy Inc., markets natural gas.
Venezuela: The company in Venezuela participates in three equity-accounted entities.
Colombia: The companys main activity in Colombia is concentrated on operating a producing field complex in the Casanare region. In addition, the company operates four principal processing plants and owns pipeline interests. BP also holds exploration rights over two blocks off Colombias northern coast in the Caribbean Sea.
Argentina, Bolivia and Chile: BP conducts activity in the Southern Cone regio
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BP PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BP PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BP PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BP PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BP PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. BP plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of BP plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of BP plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. BP plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. BP plc Industry Position Analysis
6. BP PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BP PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BP PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BP PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BP PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BP PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
BP plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
BP plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
BP plc Major Shareholders
BP plc History
BP plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
BP plc Offices and Representations
BP plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
BP plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
BP plc Capital Market Snapshot
BP plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
BP plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
BP plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
BP plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
BP plc 1-year Stock Charts
BP plc 5-year Stock Charts
BP plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
BP plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
BP plc Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?