- The report contains detailed information about Berry Petroleum Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Berry Petroleum Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Berry Petroleum Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Berry Petroleum Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Berry Petroleum Co. business.
About Berry Petroleum Co.
Berry Petroleum Company, an independent energy company, engages in the production, development, acquisition, exploitation and exploration of crude oil and natural gas. The company has investments in cogeneration facilities, which provide steam required for the extraction of heavy oil and which generates electricity for sale.
The company focuses on the development of a resource base through developmental and step-out drilling, down-spacing, well completions, remedial work and by application of enhanced oil recovery (EOR) methods, and optimization technologies, as applicable. The company has six asset teams, including South Midway-Sunset (S. Midway), North Midway-Sunset, including diatomite (N. Midway), Permian, Uinta, E. Texas, and Piceance.
S. Midway: The company owns and operates properties in the South Midway-Sunset Field in the San Joaquin Valley. In 2009, it drilled 19 horizontal wells and 18 vertical producers at the South Midway-Sunset Field. The company owns the Poso Creek properties in the San Joaquin Valley.
N. Midway: In 2009, total proved reserves from the N. Midway diatomite asset were 35.3 MMBOE. During 2009, it drilled 51 diatomite wells and installed additional steam generation and water treating facilities. During 2009, the company initiated a four-pattern steam flood pilot on its McKittrick property.
Permian: In January 2010, the company entered into an agreement to acquire certain properties primarily in the Wolfberry trend in W. Texas from a private seller. As of December 31, 2009, the company estimated that the properties included total proved reserves of 11.2 MMBOE. The company has identified approximately 130 drilling locations on 40 acre spacing in the Wolfberry trend targeting the Spraberry, Dean, Wolfcamp and Strawn formations.
Uinta: The company owns the Brundage Canyon leasehold in Duchesne County, northeastern Utah, which consists of working interests in approximately 55,000 gross acres which include federal, tribal and private leases. It owns working interests in approximately 163,000 gross acres in the Lake Canyon project, which is located immediately west of its Brundage Canyon producing properties.
E. Texas: The company owns certain interests in natural gas producing properties in the E. Texas Cotton Valley on 4,500 net acres in Limestone and Harrison Counties. In Limestone County, the company is targeting 7 productive sands, including the Cotton Valley and Bossier sands at depths between 8,000 and 13,000 feet. In Harrison County, the company is targeting 5 productive sands and Haynesville Shale with average depths between 6,500 and 13,000 feet. During 2009, the company drilled 11 vertical wells in E. Texas.
Piceance: The company has 2 properties in the Piceance basin in Colorado targeting the Williams Fork section of the Mesaverde formation. It has a 62.5% working interest in 6,300 gross acres on its Garden Gulch property and a net operating working interest of 95% in 4,300 gross acres and a 5% non-operating working interest on 6,300 gross acres on its North Parachute Ranch property. During 2009, the company began a 20 well completion program testing new completion designs.
Cogeneration Steam Supply: As of December 31, 2009, approximately 48% of its proved reserves, or 112 million barrels, consisted of heavy crude oil produced from depths of approximately 2,000 feet. The company owns a 42 MW cogeneration facility which is located in Placerita.
Conventional Steam Generation: In addition to these cogeneration plants, the company owns 26 fully permitted conventional boilers.
The total annual average electrical generation of the companys 3 cogeneration facilities is approximately 92 MW, of which it consumes approximately 8 MW for use in its operations.
In 2009 the company sold its DJ basin assets and related hedges.
Berry Petroleum Company was founded in 1909.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BERRY PETROLEUM CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BERRY PETROLEUM CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BERRY PETROLEUM CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BERRY PETROLEUM CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BERRY PETROLEUM CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Berry Petroleum Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Berry Petroleum Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Berry Petroleum Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Berry Petroleum Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Berry Petroleum Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. BERRY PETROLEUM CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BERRY PETROLEUM CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BERRY PETROLEUM CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BERRY PETROLEUM CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BERRY PETROLEUM CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BERRY PETROLEUM CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Berry Petroleum Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Berry Petroleum Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Berry Petroleum Co. Major Shareholders
Berry Petroleum Co. History
Berry Petroleum Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Berry Petroleum Co. Offices and Representations
Berry Petroleum Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Berry Petroleum Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Berry Petroleum Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Berry Petroleum Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Berry Petroleum Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Berry Petroleum Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Berry Petroleum Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Berry Petroleum Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Berry Petroleum Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Berry Petroleum Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Berry Petroleum Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Berry Petroleum Co. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?