- The report contains detailed information about Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Apco Oil & Gas International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. business.
About Apco Oil & Gas International Inc.
Apco Oil and Gas International Inc. operates as an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a focus on South America.
The companys primary properties in the Neuquen basin produce crude oil and associated natural gas. As of December 31, 2009, it had 4 gross development wells (0.9 net consolidated 1.2 net equity) in various stages of drilling or completion.
NEUQUEN BASIN PROPERTIES
Entre Lomas Concession: The Entre Lomas concession is located approximately 950 miles southwest of the city of Buenos Aires on the eastern slopes of the Andes Mountains. The concession covers a surface area of approximately 183,000 acres and produces oil and gas from 7 fields. These facilities include processing, treating, compression, injection, storage, power generation and an automatic custody transfer unit through which oil production is transported to market.
Bajada del Palo Concession: The Bajada del Palo concession has a total surface area of approximately 111,000 acres. It is located in the province of Neuquen immediately to the southwest of the Entre Lomas concession and to the northwest of the Agua Amarga exploration area.
Agua Amarga and Charco del Palenque: The property has a total surface area of approximately 95,000 acres and is located immediately to the southeast of the Entre Lomas concession. In 2009, a portion of the Agua Amarga area covering approximately 18,000 acres was converted to a 25-year exploitation concession with a 5-year optional extension period. This new producing concession is called Charco del Palenque.
NORTHWEST BASIN PROPERTIES
Acambuco Concession: The company holds a 1.5% participation interest in the Acambuco concession located in the province of Salta in northwest Argentina on the border with Bolivia. The concession covers an area of 294,000 acres. There are two producing fields in this concession, the San Pedrito and Macueta fields that produce primarily from the Huamampampa formation. The operator of the Acambuco joint venture is Pan American Energy Investments L.L.C. (PAE), an affiliate of British Petroleum PLC, which holds a 52 percent interest.
AUSTRAL BASIN PROPERTIES
The company owns a 25.78% direct working interest in a joint venture engaged in exploration and production activities in three concessions located on the island of Tierra del Fuego. The operator of the concessions is ROCH S.A., a privately owned Argentine oil and gas company. The Austral basin extends both onshore and offshore from the provinces of Santa Cruz to Tierra del Fuego. The concessions cover a total surface area of approximately 467,000 gross acres, or 120,000 acres net to the companys interest.
SAN JORGE BASIN PROPERTIES
In the San Jorge basin, the companys areas are prospective and exploratory in nature. In the province of Chubut, the company has a 41.73 percent working interest in the Cañadón Ramirez concession that is not producing. In the Sur Río Deseado Este concession in the province of Santa Cruz, the company has a 16.94 percent working interest in an exploitation area with limited oil production and an 88 percent working interest in an exploratory area in the northern sector of the concession.
Llanos Basin: The company has entered into a farm-in agreement with TC Oil & Services, Ltd. to earn a 20 percent interest in the Llanos 32 Exploration and Production Contract (Llanos 32). The Llanos 32 block covers approximately 100,000 acres in the Llanos basin of western Colombia.
Middle Magdalena Basin: The company has entered into a farm in agreement with Petrolifera Petroleum (Colombia) Limited to earn a 50 percent working interest in the Turpial Exploration and Production Contract Turpial. Petrolifera would be the operator. Turpial covers approximately 111,000 acres of underexplored area between the Velazquez and Cocorna oil fields in the Middle Magdalena basin.
The company's major customers are Petrobras Energía S.A. and Esso Petrolera Argentina S.A.
The company was founded in 1970. It was formerly known as Apco Argentina, Inc. and changed its name to Apco Oil and Gas International Inc. in 2009.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. APCO OIL & GAS INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. APCO OIL & GAS INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. APCO OIL & GAS INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. APCO OIL & GAS INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. APCO OIL & GAS INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. APCO OIL & GAS INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. APCO OIL & GAS INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. APCO OIL & GAS INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. APCO OIL & GAS INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. APCO OIL & GAS INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. APCO OIL & GAS INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. Major Shareholders
Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. History
Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. Offices and Representations
Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Apco Oil & Gas International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?