- The report contains detailed information about Antares Energy Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Antares Energy Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Antares Energy Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Antares Energy Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Antares Energy Ltd. business.
About Antares Energy Ltd.
The Antares Energy Limited engages in the production and exploration of hydrocarbon in the United States of America and Turkey. In Australia the company engages only in the exploration activities.
Ellis County, Oklahoma
The company has chosen to initially capture acreage and re-drill two old wells that tested gas in Ellis County Oklahoma. The two wells adjacent to Ellis-1 and Ellis-2 originally tested gas to surface at a rate of 1.1 million cubic feet of gas per day and 2.45 million cubic feet of gas per day respectively. The company has drilled four wells (Ellis 1-4) to test the potential of the regionally productive Morrow sandstones in the northern Anadarko basin. The company has accumulated a contiguous land position of approximately 6,000 net acres.
Porters Creek and Wilbeck, Texas
The company operates both Porters Creek and Wilbeck were farm-in wells to test the Frio and Yegua formation sands in southern Texas. Both prospects had 3D seismic coverage and positive amplitudes and attributes that indicated the presence of gas. Both wells were gas/condensate discoveries in their secondary targets and Porters Creek was immediately put into production. Porters Creek is producing from the secondary target approximately 200-300 Mcf/d and 10-20 bbls of condensate per day.
Yukon-1 and Yukon-2, Oklahoma
The Yukon play was only partially successful with one of the two wells drilled being devoid of hydrocarbons and the second failed when the horizontal section of the well penetrated a different fault block that was not hydrocarbon bearing. A small amount of 2D seismic data would be needed to lower the risk of this play. A redrill of the Yukon-2 well to access the logged gas pay is being considered.
New Taiton, Texas: The company has elected to earn, through drilling, a 25% working interest in this prospect with a net dry hole cost to Antares of approximately USD 900,000. New Taiton prospect is located in the Wharton County, Texas. This is a well defined structural play targeting the proven Wilcox B and C sands at a depth of 14,000 feet to 16,500 feet (4,270 meters to 5,030 meters). This prospect as mapped has a reserve of approximately 85 BCF in three different stacked intervals.
Kenedy Ranch, Texas: The company has entered into an agreement to participate in up to six wells in Kenedy County, Texas. The opportunity is divided into two groups (A and B), with the initial three wells in group A operated by Santos USA. The first prospect to be drilled in group A has a potential of 225 BCF. Antares would earn 5% working interest in a combined potential of approximately 300 BCF in group A. Three wells in group B have a combined potential of 200 BCF at an equity level of approximately 50% with prospect sizes in group B varying from 38 BCF to 150 BCF.
During 2005, the company produced from its three fields a total of 3.2 BCFe. During 2005 Antares drilled one well in Turkey, the successful Adatepe-5 development well, as the exploration focus was on the U.S. Antares has specifically focused on gas exploration in the United States.
Sale of Turkish Subsidiary: In August 2005 Antares Energy Limited signed an agreement with Zorlu Petrogas (Zorlu) for the sale of 100% of its wholly owned subsidiary, Amity Oil International Pty Ltd, the principal asset of which is 50% interest in the Thrace Joint Venture in Turkey which contains the Gocerler, Adatepe and Cayirdere gas fields. Zorlu Energy is a major Turkish company with varied interests in the power generation and energy related businesses.
During 2005, the company and its partners hydraulically fractured the Whicher Range-5 well. The lack of a significant gas flow from the well resulted in partners agreeing to plug and abandon the well and led the Antares Board to decide to exit the project altogether. In June 2005 all interests in the Whicher Range project and associated permits EP408 and EP381 were sold to Oil and Gas Communication Pty Ltd. Antares has also sold all interests in EP425 and sold its royalty interest in PEP138, leaving the Company with no oil and gas interests in Australia.
The company was formerly known as Amity Oil Limited and changed its name to The Antares Energy Limited in November 2004.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ANTARES ENERGY LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ANTARES ENERGY LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ANTARES ENERGY LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ANTARES ENERGY LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ANTARES ENERGY LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Antares Energy Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Antares Energy Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Antares Energy Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Antares Energy Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Antares Energy Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. ANTARES ENERGY LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ANTARES ENERGY LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ANTARES ENERGY LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. AUSTRALIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ANTARES ENERGY LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ANTARES ENERGY LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ANTARES ENERGY LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Antares Energy Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Antares Energy Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Antares Energy Ltd. Major Shareholders
Antares Energy Ltd. History
Antares Energy Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Antares Energy Ltd. Offices and Representations
Antares Energy Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Antares Energy Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Antares Energy Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Antares Energy Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Antares Energy Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Antares Energy Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Antares Energy Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Antares Energy Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Antares Energy Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Antares Energy Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Antares Energy Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Antares Energy Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?