- The report contains detailed information about Anadarko Petroleum Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Anadarko Petroleum Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Anadarko Petroleum Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Anadarko Petroleum Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation business.
About Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation engages in the exploration, development, production, and marketing of natural gas, crude oil, condensate, and natural gas liquids (NGLs). The company also engages in the gathering, processing, treating, and transporting of natural gas, as well as participates in the hard minerals business through its ownership in non-operated joint ventures and royalty arrangements. The company owns interests in several coal, trona (natural soda ash) and industrial mineral properties through non-operated joint ventures and royalty arrangements within and adjacent to its land grant acreage position (Land Grant).
The companys segments include Oil and Gas Exploration and Production; Midstream; and Marketing.
OIL AND GAS EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTION
This segment explores for and produces natural gas, crude oil, condensate, and natural gas liquids (NGLs). The companys operations are located onshore United States and in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, as well as in Algeria, Brazil, China, Cote dIvoire, Ghana, Indonesia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, and other countries.
Properties and Activities
The United States
Anadarkos active areas in the United States include onshore in the Lower 48 states and Alaska, and the deepwater Gulf of Mexico. During 2009, the companys drilling efforts in the United States resulted in 979 natural-gas wells, 40 oil wells, and 21 dry holes.
Rocky Mountain Region: Anadarkos Rocky Mountain Region (Rockies) properties are located in Colorado, Utah and Wyoming with a primary focus on natural-gas plays. Anadarko operates approximately 13,000 wells and has an interest in approximately 9,400 non-operated wells in the Rockies. Anadarko is an operator of tight gas and coalbed methane (CBM) natural-gas assets, as well as enhanced oil recovery (EOR) projects within the region.
The companys operated tight gas assets are located in the Greater Natural Buttes, Wattenberg, Wamsutter, and Moxa fields. Pinedale is a non-operated asset within Anadarkos tight gas portfolio. Anadarko operates 7,000 wells and has an interest in 4,000 non-operated wells in these tight gas areas. Anadarko also operates multiple CBM properties in the Rockies. Anadarko operates approximately 4,600 shallow, low-cost CBM wells and has an interest in approximately 5,200 outside-operated CBM wells in the Rockies.
Anadarkos Southern Region properties are primarily natural-gas plays located in Texas, Pennsylvania and Kansas. Operations in these areas are focused on finding and producing natural-gas resources from tight sands, naturally fractured carbonates and emerging shale plays. Anadarko is active in the Bossier, Haley, Carthage, Chalk, South Texas, and Ozona areas of Texas.
In the Maverick basin, where the Eagleford and Pearsall shale plays are being developed, 15 wells were spud and 10 wells were completed in 2009. As of December 31, 2009, Anadarko held approximately 380,000 gross acres (approximately 180,000 net acres).
Alaska: Anadarkos activity in Alaska is concentrated primarily on the North Slope.
Gulf of Mexico
In the Gulf of Mexico, Anadarko owns an average 66% working interest in 575 blocks and has access to an additional six blocks through participation agreements. The company operates eight floating platforms, holds interests in 26 producing fields and is in the process of delineating and developing 7 additional fields in the area. Anadarkos Gulf of Mexico exploration program is focused in the deepwaters of the extensive middle-to-lower Miocene play in the central Gulf of Mexico and the developing lower-Tertiary play in the western Gulf of Mexico.
The companys international oil and gas production and development operations are located primarily in Algeria, China and Ghana. The company also has exploration acreage in Brazil, Cote dIvoire, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Mozambique, Indonesia, and other countries.
Algeria: Anadarko is engaged in development and production activities in Algerias Sahara Desert in Blocks 404 and 208.
China: Anadarkos development and production activities in China are located offshore in Boha
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Major Shareholders
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation History
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Offices and Representations
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?