- The report contains detailed information about American Superconductor Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for American Superconductor Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The American Superconductor Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes American Superconductor Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of American Superconductor Corporation business.
About American Superconductor Corporation
American Superconductor Corporation, a power technologies company, provides proprietary technologies and solutions spanning the electric power infrastructurefrom generation to delivery to end use. The company provides megawatt-scale wind turbine designs and electrical control systems.
The company also offers a host of smart grid technologies for power grid operators. These technologies include superconductor power cable systems, grid-level surge protectors, and power electronics-based voltage stabilization systems. It markets two proprietary base products: programmable power electronic converters and high temperature superconductor (HTS) wires.
The company operates in two segments, AMSC Power Systems and AMSC Superconductors.
AMSC POWER SYSTEMS
The AMSC Power Systems (Power Systems) segment produces a range of products to increase electrical grid capacity and reliability; provides full electrical control systems or a subset of those systems (core electrical components) to manufacturers of wind turbines; sells power electronic products that regulate wind farm voltage to enable their interconnection to the power grid; licenses proprietary wind turbine designs to manufacturers of such systems; provides consulting services to the wind industry; and offers products that improve power quality for industrial operations. AMSC Power Systems offers products that service the needs of customers in an array of industries, including the transmission and distribution, wind power, and manufacturing industries.
PowerModule Power Converters: The companys family of PowerModule power electronic converters incorporates power semiconductor devices that switch, control, and move power. With power ratings from 60 to 1,000 kW per converter, these products utilize a proprietary printed circuit board design that incorporates a microprocessor, thereby making them programmable for various uses. The company designs, manufactures, and sells converters for specific applications, including grid reliability and wind energy systems, such as its PowerModule PM3000W product. The PM3000W is being used in wind turbine electrical control systems and also sold as part of a package of core electrical components. It also offers the PowerModule PM1000 product. To simplify the adoption of PowerModule products, the company also offers the PowerModule PM1000 Product Developer Kit and PM1000 System Developer Kit to enable potential new customers to integrate and adopt the product in their applications. In addition to PowerModule power converter hardware, its AMSC Power Systems business unit is responsible for software development for the family of PowerModule power converters, as well as for the software needed to integrate the PowerModule power converters into larger scale systems. While its family of PowerModule systems are used primarily in wind and power grid applications, they also have been incorporated into electric motor drives, distributed and dispersed generation devices (micro-turbines, fuel cells and photovoltaics), power quality solutions, batteries, and flywheel-based uninterruptible power supplies.
Thyristor Switches: The Thyristor Switch is a solid-state switch, or valve, that can be configured in various different ways for specific reactive compensation and power quality needs. These products are used as a component in its static VAR compensator and power quality static VAR compensator offerings.
Grid Reliability, Power Quality and Grid Interconnection Systems
The companys grid reliability, power quality, and grid interconnection systems consist of the following core reactive compensation and voltage regulation offerings:
D-VAR: The companys D-VAR (Dynamic VAR) reactive compensation systems are smart grid infrastructure solutions that provide a source of dynamic reactive compensation for a range of operational needs. Also known as STATCOMs, which are considered an AC-transmission system (FACTS) device, its D-VAR solutions are customized to meet specific customer needs and include inherent flexibility to accommodate changing grid conditions. They can correct voltage instability problems on
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AMERICAN SUPERCONDUCTOR CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMERICAN SUPERCONDUCTOR CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMERICAN SUPERCONDUCTOR CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMERICAN SUPERCONDUCTOR CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMERICAN SUPERCONDUCTOR CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. American Superconductor Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of American Superconductor Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of American Superconductor Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. American Superconductor Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. American Superconductor Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. AMERICAN SUPERCONDUCTOR CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMERICAN SUPERCONDUCTOR CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AMERICAN SUPERCONDUCTOR CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AMERICAN SUPERCONDUCTOR CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AMERICAN SUPERCONDUCTOR CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AMERICAN SUPERCONDUCTOR CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
American Superconductor Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
American Superconductor Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
American Superconductor Corporation Major Shareholders
American Superconductor Corporation History
American Superconductor Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
American Superconductor Corporation Offices and Representations
American Superconductor Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
American Superconductor Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
American Superconductor Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
American Superconductor Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
American Superconductor Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
American Superconductor Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
American Superconductor Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
American Superconductor Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
American Superconductor Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
American Superconductor Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
American Superconductor Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
American Superconductor Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?