- The report contains detailed information about Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Alpha Natural Resources, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. business.
About Alpha Natural Resources, Inc.
Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. and its subsidiaries primarily engage in the extraction, processing, and marketing of steam and metallurgical coal from surface and deep mines, and mainly sell to electric utilities, steel and coke producers, and industrial customers. The company, through its subsidiaries, is also involved in marketing coal produced by others to supplement its own production and, through blending, provides its customers with coal qualities beyond those available from its own production. As of December 31, 2009, the companys operations consisted of 36 deep and 25 surface mines, which are located in Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and Wyoming.
The company operates through two segments: Eastern Coal Operations and Western Coal Operations. Eastern Coal Operations consists of the mines in Central and northern Appalachia, its coal brokerage activities and its road construction business. Western Coal Operations consists of two Powder River Basin mines in Wyoming.
The company has six regional business units, operating in Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and Wyoming. As of December 31, 2009, these business units include 14 preparation plants, each of which receive, blend, process, and ship coal that is produced from one or more of its 61 active mines, using four mining methods: longwall mining, room-and-pillar mining, truck-and-shovel mining, and truck and front-end loader mining.
The companys Pennsylvania Services business unit consists of its Cumberland and Emerald mining complexes. Coal is mined primarily by using longwall mining systems supported by continuous miners. The company controls approximately 779.2 million tons of contiguous reserves through its Pennsylvania Services business unit.
The companys AMFIRE business unit consists of five underground mines and ten surface mines, six of which are operated by independent contractors. The company controls approximately 82.0 million tons of coal reserves through its AMFIRE business unit. The mines sell high Btu, low, medium, and high sulfur coal to eastern utilities and steel companies.
Southern West Virginia
The companys southern West Virginia business unit consists of its Brooks Run South and Callaway operations, which collectively shipped 5.1 million tons in 2009. Coal is mined primarily using continuous miners employing the room and pillar mining method at its underground mines and the truck and front end loader method at its surface mines. The company controls approximately 99.3 million tons of coal reserves through its southern West Virginia business unit.
Brooks Run South produces coal from nine underground mines, four of which are underground mines operated by its employees, and five that are operated by independent contractors. The mines sell high Btu, low sulfur coal to eastern utilities and metallurgical coal to steel companies.
Callaway produces coal from three surface mining operations operated by its Callaway employees and one underground mine operated by its subsidiary Cobra Natural Resources, LLC (Cobra) using continuous miners and the room and pillar mining method. The mines sell high Btu, low sulfur coal to eastern utilities and metallurgical coal to steel companies. Callaway also recovers coal from the road construction business operated by its subsidiary Nicewonder Contracting, Inc. (NCI).
Northern West Virginia
The companys northern West Virginia business unit consists of its Brooks Run North, Kingston, Rockspring, and Pioneer operations. Coal is mined primarily using continuous miners employing the room and pillar mining method at its underground mines and the truck and front end loader method at its surface mines. The company controls approximately 254.7 million tons of coal reserves through its northern West Virginia business unit.
Brooks Run North produces coal from two underground mines and one surface mine operated by its Brooks Run North employees. The mines sell high Btu, medium sulfur coal primarily to eastern utilities.
Kingston produces coal from two underground mines operated by Kingston emplo
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ALPHA NATURAL RESOURCES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ALPHA NATURAL RESOURCES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ALPHA NATURAL RESOURCES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ALPHA NATURAL RESOURCES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ALPHA NATURAL RESOURCES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ALPHA NATURAL RESOURCES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ALPHA NATURAL RESOURCES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ALPHA NATURAL RESOURCES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ALPHA NATURAL RESOURCES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ALPHA NATURAL RESOURCES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ALPHA NATURAL RESOURCES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. Major Shareholders
Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. History
Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. Offices and Representations
Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?