- The report contains detailed information about Aker Solutions ASA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Aker Solutions ASA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Aker Solutions ASA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Aker Solutions ASA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Aker Solutions ASA business.
About Aker Solutions ASA
Aker Kvaerner ASA provides engineering and construction services, technology products and integrated solutions. The group's activities span a number of industries, including oil and gas upstream and downstream, process, pharmaceuticals, metals, power, chemical pulping, environmental and shipbuilding. The Groups activities are divided into four business areas that include Oil & Gas, Engineering & Construction, Shipbuilding.
Oil & Gas
The companys oil and gas products and services cover all aspects of bringing product to market. Services include reservoir analysis to production and delivery, with focus on gravity-based structures and fixed or floating installations. Aker Marine Contractors provides marine contracting services to the oil and gas industry world-wide. These services include concept development, detail engineering, procurement, fabrication related to marine operations and subsea installations.
Engineering & Construction
Aker Kvaerner provides design, engineering, project management, procurement and construction services to a number of industrial sectors on a world-wide basis. The Engineering & Construction business area operates internationally, its principal offices being located in the US, the UK, the Netherlands, Asia and Australia. The Group offers a range of services that are necessary to realize global projects from conception to start-up. These services include engineering studies, including bankable feasibility and environmental studies, total project management, engineering and design, procurement, construction and maintenance services. The Engineering & Construction sector engages in operations in a number of countries, with emphasis on the USA, Northern Europe, Asia and Australia.
Aker Kvaerners shipbuilding activities comprise three shipbuilding entities. The largest, Kvaerner Masa-Yards, has one yard in Helsinki and one in Turku in Finland. Kvaerner Masa-Yards is a builder of cruise ships and specialized vessels. Kvaerner Warnow Werft in Rostock, Germany, and Kvaerner Philadelphia Shipyard primarily build containerships.
Kværner Eureka is a multi-skilled company with extensive experience in development and refurbishment of defense equipment. The Defense Division carries out design, production and integration of turrets and missile launching systems.
Maritime Well Service AS (MWS) supplies Wireline, Tractor and Cased Hole Logging Services to the technology oriented North Sea oil and gas industry. MWS specializes in mechanical wireline operations and data acquisition with all cable sizes.
Maritime Hydraulics, an Aker Kvaerner subsidiary, supplies drilling equipment and facilities. Hydraulics can also supply Marine Loading/Unloading technology via a specialist UK based company, Woodfield Systems.
Maritime Pusnes designs and supplies all types of deck machinery and mooring systems for marine and offshore applications. Its main business areas comprise Offshore mooring systems, Offshore loading systems and Marine deck machinery.
Kvaerner Process Systems supplies selected process equipment for the treatment of oil, gas, produced water and solids for the upstream oil and gas industry, offshore, as well as onshore. It owns proprietary/novel technology within Multiphase Turbine Separation, Heavy Crude Treatment, Gas Conditioning, MEG Reclamation and Regeneration, Sulphate Removal, VOC Recovery and Sand Management Systems.
The company, in 2008, has started a facility for the production of buoyancy modules for deepwater marine drilling risers at its subsea manufacturing center in Malaysia.
The company and Well Processing have signed a co-operation agreement to bring a new technology offering onto the marketplace. The combination of subsea water treatment and injection targets to improve oil recovery and enhance oil production from offshore produced fields.
In April 2009, Aker Solutions has officially opened its expanded service and maintenance base at Aagotnes outside Bergen, Norway. The expansion would enable Aker Solutions to further improve its onshore and offshore service support for subsea customers operating off the coast of Norway.
On July 8, 2009, Aker Solutions ASA announced it has signed a contract with Maersk FPSOs for a JV at the Peregrino oil field offshore Brazil. The companies would work together to perform mooring installation work.
In August 2009, Linc Energy Pty. Ltd. has executed a contract with Aker Solutions to jointly develop the conceptual design of Linc Energy's proposed 20,000 barrels per day commercial gas to liquids facility that is planned to be based in South Australia.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AKER SOLUTIONS ASA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AKER SOLUTIONS ASA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AKER SOLUTIONS ASA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AKER SOLUTIONS ASA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AKER SOLUTIONS ASA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Aker Solutions ASA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Aker Solutions ASA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Aker Solutions ASA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Aker Solutions ASA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Energy Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Aker Solutions ASA Industry Position Analysis
6. AKER SOLUTIONS ASA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AKER SOLUTIONS ASA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AKER SOLUTIONS ASA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NORWAY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AKER SOLUTIONS ASA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AKER SOLUTIONS ASA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AKER SOLUTIONS ASA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Aker Solutions ASA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Aker Solutions ASA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Aker Solutions ASA Major Shareholders
Aker Solutions ASA History
Aker Solutions ASA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Aker Solutions ASA Offices and Representations
Aker Solutions ASA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Aker Solutions ASA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Aker Solutions ASA Capital Market Snapshot
Aker Solutions ASA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Energy Industry Statistics
Aker Solutions ASA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Aker Solutions ASA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Aker Solutions ASA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Aker Solutions ASA 1-year Stock Charts
Aker Solutions ASA 5-year Stock Charts
Aker Solutions ASA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Aker Solutions ASA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Aker Solutions ASA Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?