ABB Ltd. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about ABB Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ABB Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ABB Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ABB Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ABB Ltd. business.
About ABB Ltd.
ABB Ltd specializes in power and automation technologies that improve the performance of utility and industry customers. The company works with customers to engineer and install networks, facilities and plants with particular emphasis on enhancing productivity for customers who generate, convert, transmit, distribute, and consume energy.
The company focuses on power transmission, distribution and power-plant automation serves electric, gas and water utilities, as well as industrial and commercial customers. The company also delivers automation systems that measure, control, protect, and optimize plant applications across a range of industries.
Power Products Division
Power Products division serves primarily electric utilities, as well as gas and water utilities and industrial and commercial customers, with a range of products and services for power transmission and distribution. Its technologies include high- and medium-voltage switchgear, circuit breakers for various and voltage levels, power and distribution transformers, as well as sensors and products to automate and control electrical and other utility networks.
Power Products division manufactures three categories of products: High-voltage Products, Medium-voltage Products and Transformers. The division sells primarily to utilities, distributors, wholesalers, installers and OEMs in the utilities and power generation industries. Some of the division's products are integrated into the offerings of the Power Systems and Process Automation divisions or are sold through external channel partners, such as engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) firms.
The division manufactures distribution transformers (up to 72.5 kilovolts) for use in industrial facilities, commercial buildings and utility distribution networks to step down electrical voltage to the levels needed by end users. Industrial transformers are mainly delivered to the steel and aluminum industry, which need their own high-voltage transformers and substations on-site to service their heavy electricity requirements.
The company manufactures and sells a range of distribution transformers including oil-type, dry-type and special application distribution transformers. The company also designs and manufactures power transformers (72.5 to 1,000 kilovolts) for utility, transportation and industrial customers, as well as transformer components, such as bushings and tap changers. The company produces traction transformers used in electric locomotives and the company provides a range of transformer service and retrofit solutions for utilities and industry customers. The division also produces insulation material.
The company produces a line of medium-voltage equipment (1 to 50 kilovolts), including products, such as indoor and outdoor switch disconnectors, breakers, reclosers, fuses, contactors, instrument transformers and sensors, as well as air- and gas-insulated switchgear, motor control centers, and ring main units for primary and secondary distribution. It also produces indoor and outdoor modular systems, compact substations and power distribution centers.
The Power Products division also provides high-voltage transmission equipment to power utilities that enables them to operate and with lower environmental impact. The company manufactures the principal components of power transmission systems (50 to 800 kilovolts), including air- and gas-insulated switchgear, capacitors, high-voltage circuit breakers, grounding switches and instrument transformers. The division also delivers the entire ABB portfolio of low-, medium- and high-voltage capacitors and surge arresters. Its products and components also include circuit breaker drives and cable accessories.
Customers: The Power Products division's principal customers are electric utilities, owners and operators of power transmission systems, utilities that own or operate networks and owners and operators of power generating plants. Other customers include gas and water utilities, gas transmission companies, local distribution companies and multi-utilities, which are involved in the transmission or distribution of more than one
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ABB LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ABB LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ABB LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ABB LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ABB LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ABB Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ABB Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ABB Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ABB Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ABB Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. ABB LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ABB LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ABB LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SWITZERLAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ABB LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ABB LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ABB LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
ABB Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ABB Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
ABB Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
ABB Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ABB Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ABB Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
ABB Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ABB Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ABB Ltd. Major Shareholders
ABB Ltd. History
ABB Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ABB Ltd. Offices and Representations
ABB Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ABB Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ABB Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
ABB Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
ABB Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ABB Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?