- The report contains detailed information about A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. business.
About A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd.
A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd., a renewable energy company, provides onsite distributed power generation systems and micro power grids for industrial companies in the Peoples Republic of China (PRC).
The company designs, constructs, installs, and tests integrated distributed power generation systems and micro power grids as facilities, primarily in the PRC and Southeast Asia, for various customers in the steel, chemical, ethanol, cement and food industries. It designs projects, subcontract their construction and installation to approved third-party subcontractors and conduct testing on completed projects before handing them over to customers.
In addition to its operations in the distributed power generation and wind energy businesses and entry into the solar energy business, the company conducts ongoing research and development in renewable energy technology.
Distributed Power Generation Business
The company conducts its distributed power generation business through GaoKe Energy, GaoKe Design and LICEG Ltd (GaoKe), which has the ability to construct and install power plants of all sizes. GaoKe Energy, an engineering services company, is GaoKes principal operating company that oversees the design of projects through Liaoning GaoKe (High-Tech) Energy Saving and Thermoelectricity Design Research Institute (GaoKe Design). GaoKe Energy oversees the construction and installation of projects through LICEG Ltd., the companys joint venture company that holds certain licenses. GaoKe Energy obtains the contracts for the design, construction and installation of distributed power generation plants and micro power networks and performs or oversees the bulk of the work associated with those projects in its capacity as general contractor, including site preparation, construction, equipment installation and system startup and testing. GaoKe Energy subcontracts the design services connected with those projects to GaoKe Design and oversees construction and installation activities through LICEG Ltd., activities which the company typically subcontracts to approved third-party subcontractors.
Products and Services
The company designs, constructs, and tests distributed power generation systems to meet the power and heat needs of factories and users in remote areas. The main components of its distribution power generation systems include a boiler that provides steam, a turbine to drive the generator that produces electricity, a heat collection or recovery system that captures and cleans the residual heat exiting the turbine to use for heating, a system to distribute the heat, an air emissions control device to control air pollution and a control system.
Projects: As of December 31, 2009, the company completed 24 distributed power generation projects.
Wind Power Business
The company has a license that gives it the rights to produce and sell 750 kW and 225 kW wind turbines in China. The company has established a joint venture company, Shenyang (Jinxiang) Gold Luck Electric Power Equipment Co., Ltd (Jinxiang), to develop and manufacture 225 kW to 1.5 MW wind turbines. Norwin also agreed to establish with the company a joint research and development facility in Shenyang to develop new wind turbine technology for both the China and the international markets.
The company has a license agreement with Fuhrländer AG (Fuhrländer) that gives it a right to sell and a non-exclusive right to produce Fuhrländers 2.7 MW series wind turbines in the provinces of Liaoning and Hebei, and a non-exclusive right to produce and sell Fuhrländers 2.7 MW series wind turbine in nine other PRC provinces. Under the technology license, the company has the right to use any advancements or improvements that Fuhrländer makes to its 2.7 MW series wind turbine on a royalty-free basis.
In 2009, the company entered into two agreements with GE Drivetrain Technologies (Shenyang) Co., Ltd. (GE Drivetrain), a unit of GE Transportation. Pursuant to the agreement, GE Drivetrain would supply it with approximately 900 2.7 MW wind turbine gearboxes.
In January 2010, the company entered into a technology license agreement with W2E Technologies GmbH (W2E Technologies), to manufacture, operate, service and sell 2.0 MW wind turbines. Under the license agreement, W2E Technologies granted it a right to manufacture, operate, service, and sell its T8X 2.0 MW wind turbines in China and the United States. In addition, the company obtained non-exclusive rights to market these turbines in international markets outside of China and the United States.
Products and Services
The company produces 2.7 MW, 2.5 MW, 1.5 MW, 750 kW and 225 kW turbines for its customers in China.
The company has supply contracts with two customers for the sale of its 2.7 MW wind turbines. These customers include Jihe Orient Wind Energy Co., Ltd (Jihe Orient) and Datang International Power Generation Co. Ltd (Datang Power).
Gearbox: The companys gearbox suppliers include foreign suppliers GE Drivetrain, Zollern and Winergy, and domestic suppliers Hangzhou Gearbox Co., Ltd., Chongqing Gearbox Co., Ltd. and Nanjing Gearbox Co., Ltd.
Generator: The companys key wind turbine generator suppliers include foreign suppliers Winergy and VEM and domestic suppliers China Xiangtan Generator Co., Ltd.
Blade System: The companys key blade system suppliers include foreign supplier LM, and domestic suppliers China Zhongfu Lianzhong Co., Ltd., and Zhonghang Huiteng Wind Power Equipment Co., Ltd.
Wind Power: The companys major domestic competitors include Sinovel Wind Co., Ltd., Dongfang Electric Corporation Limited, Xinjiang Goldwin Sci & Tech Co., Ltd., and Shanghai Electric Group Company Limited.
A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. was founded in 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. A-POWER ENERGY GENERATION SYSTEMS, LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. A-POWER ENERGY GENERATION SYSTEMS, LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. A-POWER ENERGY GENERATION SYSTEMS, LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. A-POWER ENERGY GENERATION SYSTEMS, LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. A-POWER ENERGY GENERATION SYSTEMS, LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Electrical Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. A-POWER ENERGY GENERATION SYSTEMS, LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. A-POWER ENERGY GENERATION SYSTEMS, LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. A-POWER ENERGY GENERATION SYSTEMS, LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. A-POWER ENERGY GENERATION SYSTEMS, LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. A-POWER ENERGY GENERATION SYSTEMS, LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. A-POWER ENERGY GENERATION SYSTEMS, LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. Major Shareholders
A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. History
A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. Offices and Representations
A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Electrical Equipment Industry Statistics
A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
A-Power Energy Generation Systems, Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?