- The report contains detailed information about Universal Forest Products Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Universal Forest Products Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Universal Forest Products Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Universal Forest Products Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Universal Forest Products Inc. business.
About Universal Forest Products Inc.
Universal Forest Products, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engineers, manufactures, treats, distributes, and installs lumber, composite wood, plastic, and other building products for the DIY/retail, site-built construction, manufactured housing, and industrial markets.
The company companys consumer products subsidiary offers a portfolio of outdoor living products, including wood composite decking, decorative balusters, post caps and plastic lattice, and its garden group offers an array of products, such as trellises and arches, to retailers nationwide. Its subsidiaries also provide framing services for the site-built market and forming products for concrete construction.
DIY/Retail Market: The customers comprising this market are primarily national home center retailers, retail-oriented regional lumberyards, and contractor-oriented lumberyards. The products offered to customers in this market include dimensional lumber (both preserved and unpreserved) and various value-added products. In addition to its conventional lumber products, the company offers composite wood and plastic products. It also sells engineered wood products to this market, which include roof trusses, wall panels, and engineered floor systems.
Site-Built Construction Market: The companys residential housing customers comprising this market are primarily large-volume, multi-tract builders and smaller volume custom builders. It also supplies builders engaged in multi-family and commercial construction. It supplies customers in this market from manufacturing facilities located in different states and Ontario, Canada. These facilities manufacture various engineered wood components used to frame residential or commercial projects, including roof and floor trusses, wall panels, Open Joist 2000, I-joists, and lumber packages. The company also provides framing services for customers in certain regional markets, in which it erects the wood structure.
Manufactured Housing Market: The customers comprising the manufactured housing market are producers of mobile, modular, and prefabricated homes and recreational vehicles. Products sold to customers in this market consist primarily of roof trusses, lumber cut and shaped to the customers specification, plywood, particle board, and dimensional lumber, intended for use in the construction of manufactured housing.
Industrial Market: The company defines its industrial market as industrial manufacturers and agricultural customers who use pallets, specialty crates and wooden boxes for packaging, shipping, and material handling purposes.
The company's major customer is The Home Depot.
Universal Forest Products, Inc. was founded in 1955.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNIVERSAL FOREST PRODUCTS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNIVERSAL FOREST PRODUCTS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNIVERSAL FOREST PRODUCTS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNIVERSAL FOREST PRODUCTS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNIVERSAL FOREST PRODUCTS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Universal Forest Products Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Universal Forest Products Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Universal Forest Products Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Universal Forest Products Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Universal Forest Products Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. UNIVERSAL FOREST PRODUCTS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNIVERSAL FOREST PRODUCTS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNIVERSAL FOREST PRODUCTS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNIVERSAL FOREST PRODUCTS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNIVERSAL FOREST PRODUCTS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNIVERSAL FOREST PRODUCTS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Universal Forest Products Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Universal Forest Products Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Universal Forest Products Inc. Major Shareholders
Universal Forest Products Inc. History
Universal Forest Products Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Universal Forest Products Inc. Offices and Representations
Universal Forest Products Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Universal Forest Products Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Universal Forest Products Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Universal Forest Products Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Statistics
Universal Forest Products Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Universal Forest Products Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Universal Forest Products Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Universal Forest Products Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Universal Forest Products Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Universal Forest Products Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Universal Forest Products Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Universal Forest Products Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?