- The report contains detailed information about Taylor Wimpey plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Taylor Wimpey plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Taylor Wimpey plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Taylor Wimpey plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Taylor Wimpey plc business.
About Taylor Wimpey plc
Taylor Wimpey plc operates as a homebuilding company with operations in the United Kingdom, North America, Spain, and Gibraltar.
The companys operating divisions include: Housing United Kingdom; Housing North America; Housing Spain and Gibraltar; and Construction.
Housing United Kingdom
The company is a homebuilder in the United Kingdom, with 34 regional businesses and 5 smaller satellite operations. It operates two core brands, Bryant Homes and George Wimpey. In 2007, the company completed 14,862 homes in this area. It has an average of 337 outlets.
Housing Spain and Gibraltar
The company has operations in Spain and Gibraltar, both of which are branded as Taylor Woodrow. Its business in Spain is primarily focused on developing sites in popular locations. Its Gibraltar business operates in the luxury apartment market. In 2007, the company completed 212 homes in this area. It has an average of 29 outlets.
Housing North America
The companys business in North America has operations in both the United States and in Canada. In the United States the company sells homes under the Taylor Morrison brand in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada and Texas. It also has a land development business which sells lots to other homebuilders using the Taylor Woodrow Communities brand. Its business in Canada trades in Ottawa and Toronto under the Monarch brand. In 2007, the company completed 5,197 homes in this area. It has an average of 183 outlets.
Taylor Woodrow Construction provides construction and facilities management services throughout the United Kingdom and for key customers in selected overseas markets. The business is focused on selected growth areas repeat services for blue chip customers, facilities management, rail and infrastructure, and engineering.
On April 7, 2009, Lidl & Schwarz Stiftung & Co. KG entered into a partnership with Taylor Wimpey plc, for building homes in Scotland.
Taylor Wimpey plc was founded in 1880.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TAYLOR WIMPEY PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TAYLOR WIMPEY PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TAYLOR WIMPEY PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TAYLOR WIMPEY PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TAYLOR WIMPEY PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Taylor Wimpey plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Taylor Wimpey plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Taylor Wimpey plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Taylor Wimpey plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Taylor Wimpey plc Industry Position Analysis
6. TAYLOR WIMPEY PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TAYLOR WIMPEY PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TAYLOR WIMPEY PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TAYLOR WIMPEY PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TAYLOR WIMPEY PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TAYLOR WIMPEY PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Taylor Wimpey plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Taylor Wimpey plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Taylor Wimpey plc Major Shareholders
Taylor Wimpey plc History
Taylor Wimpey plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Taylor Wimpey plc Offices and Representations
Taylor Wimpey plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Taylor Wimpey plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Taylor Wimpey plc Capital Market Snapshot
Taylor Wimpey plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Statistics
Taylor Wimpey plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Taylor Wimpey plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Taylor Wimpey plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Taylor Wimpey plc 1-year Stock Charts
Taylor Wimpey plc 5-year Stock Charts
Taylor Wimpey plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Taylor Wimpey plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Taylor Wimpey plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?