- The report contains detailed information about Synex International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Synex International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Synex International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Synex International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Synex International Inc. business.
About Synex International Inc.
Synex International Inc. (the company) is a public company since 1987. The Company, through its wholly owned active subsidiary companies is engaged in the businesses of the development and operation of electrical power facilities and the provision of consulting engineering services in water resources and hydroelectricity. At the end of 2003, the Company had two active subsidiary companies, namely, Synex Energy Resources Ltd. and Sigma Engineering Ltd.
Synex Energy Resources Ltd.
Synex Energy has developed and operated electrical power facilities for itself and others since 1984.
In early July 2003, Synex Energy acquired real estate assets of Wolverine Power Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of New World with hydroelectric assets in Michigan comprising four plants with a total installed capacity of 11 MW.
In 2002, Kyuquot Power Ltd. was incorporated as a wholly owned subsidiary of Synex Energy. Kyuquot Power is currently advancing plans to construct and operate a power distribution utility on the west coast of Vancouver Island. The utility would provide electricity from the BC Hydro integrated grid to replace the existing self-generation with small diesel gensets.
The other facilities in which Synex Energy has a financial or operating interest include Kwadacha Diesel Power Plant is managed by Synex Energy under a contract arrangement with the Kwadacha First Nation; Tsay Keh Diesel Power Plant is managed by Synex Energy under a contract arrangement with the Tsay Keh Dene; Yoho Power Ltd. was a wholly owned subsidiary of Synex Energy Resources Ltd., which was an electrical utility regulated by the British Columbia Utilities Commission. The utility was substantially sold in fiscal 1997 to BC Hydro under Key Principles of Agreement with minor cleanup work continuing and expected to be substantially complete by the end of 2005.
Synex Energy has previously developed, owned and operated hydroelectric plants, most notably the Brown Lake Hydroelectric Plant, which is a 7 MW plant located near Prince Rupert, British Columbia, and has been involved in the leasing and operation of electrical grid connections, including the Holberg Grid Connection which is a 50 km powerline located at the north end of Vancouver Island.
The energy division is active on two other developments namely, the Kyuquot Utility and the 3MW Cypress Creek Hydro Project. In addition, it has an interest in the 112MW Forrest Kerr Project through its ownership of nearly 900,000 shares of Coast Mountain Power Corp.
Sigma Engineering Ltd.
Sigma Engineering Ltd. provides consulting engineering services for the control and use of water, particularly the design of hydroelectric and other power generation facilities, hydrology, river engineering and environmental assessment services. Sigma provides services to Synex Energy covering the operation of existing plants and the development and design work for future projects, as well as external consulting assignments.
During 2003, the work for Synex Energy concentrated mostly on the management of existing plants and the advancement of the Mears Creek Project and other energy prospects. External consulting assignments mostly involved the feasibility and design of several hydroelectric projects to be located in British Columbia.
The consulting engineering division was active on a number of hydroelectric projects in British Columbia for both the energy division and external customers.
The Company now owns and operates 15MW of hydroelectric capacity in British Columbia and in the United States. The Company operates in Canada, United States, United Kingdom and Other Countries.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SYNEX INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SYNEX INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SYNEX INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SYNEX INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SYNEX INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Synex International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Synex International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Synex International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Synex International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Engineering and Construction Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Synex International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SYNEX INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SYNEX INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SYNEX INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SYNEX INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SYNEX INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SYNEX INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Synex International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Synex International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Synex International Inc. Major Shareholders
Synex International Inc. History
Synex International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Synex International Inc. Offices and Representations
Synex International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Synex International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Synex International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Synex International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Engineering and Construction Services Industry Statistics
Synex International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Synex International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Synex International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Synex International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Synex International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Synex International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Synex International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Synex International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?