- The report contains detailed information about SNC Lavalin Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SNC Lavalin Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SNC Lavalin Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SNC Lavalin Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SNC Lavalin Group Inc. business.
About SNC Lavalin Group Inc.
SNC-Lavalin Group, Inc. provides engineering, construction, and operations and maintenance services worldwide. It also makes selective investments in infrastructure concessions that are complementary to its other activities. The company operates across a range of industry sectors.
This segment engages in the planning, development and operation of a range of infrastructure projects, and it provides engineering, procurement, construction and construction management (EPC and EPCM) services for projects of all sizes. The companys activities in this sector includes airports, bridges, buildings, ports, ferry terminals, flood control systems, healthcare facilities, mass transit systems, railways, roads, and water treatment/distribution infrastructure and facilities for the public and private sectors.
This segment engages in the power, infrastructure, chemicals and petroleum, industrial, mining and rural development sectors. The companys activities in this sector includes environmental impact assessments and studies; site assessment, remediation and reclamation; ecological and human health risk assessment; waste management, water and wastewater; marine and coastal management; air quality and acoustics; environmental management; climate change; institutional strengthening and rural development.
Chemicals and Petroleum
This segment includes gas processing; heavy and conventional oil production; onshore and offshore oil and gas; liquefied natural gas (LNG); coal to liquid gas; carbon capture, transportation and sequestration; pipelines, terminals and pump stations; refining and upgrading; bitumen production; biofuels; petrochemicals; chemicals and fertilizers.
This segment involves in power projects. Its projects represent an installed capacity of approximately 250,000 megawatts, approximately 90,000 kilometers of transmission and distribution lines and approximately 1,500 substations. The companys project services include front end engineering for project feasibility, detailed design, building, commissioning, and operating power facilities on a cost-plus reimbursable or lump-sum turnkey basis. The companys areas of activity include power generation, transmission and distribution projects and energy control systems. The company also provides sustainable development training programs.
Mining and Metallurgy
This segment engages in carrying out projects in the fields of alumina, aluminum, bauxite, copper, diamonds, gold, iron ore, nickel, phosphate, potash, steel, zinc and other commodities. The company's global services range from scoping studies to full project implementation. The company provides project management, process and detailed engineering, procurement and construction services for all mineral and metal recovery processes, including mine development, mineral processing, smelting, refining, mine closure and reclamation.
Operations and Maintenance
This segment provides operations and maintenance (O&M) services, with a portfolio covering both public and private sector infrastructure in North America, the Middle East, and Africa. The company provides operations, maintenance and logistics solutions for buildings, power plants, water supply and treatment systems, postal services, broadcasting facilities, highways, bridges, light rail transit systems, airports, military and construction camps and ships.
Infrastructure Concession Investments
This segment makes investments in infrastructure concessions in various industry sectors including airports, bridges, power, mass transit systems, roads and water. The company designs, builds, owns, operates, and maintains infrastructure facilities and systems.
This segment offers a range of services, including food processing to packaging, handling, distribution and storage facilities. The company serves companies of all sizes in their domestic markets and internationally.
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology
This segment provides service solutions for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and life sciences sectors, including engineering, construction and validation. The company also has international expertise in biotechnology and pharmaceutical process engineering and regulatory compliance.
This segment maintains capabilities in the manufacturing, industrial chemicals, sulphuric and phosphoric acid and fertilizer sectors, with specialized expertise in areas such as instrumentation and automation, material handling, machinery design, filling and packaging lines, and CO2 and SO2 capture. The companys areas of activity include glass, lubricants, automobile and aircraft assembly, cosmetics, filling and packaging lines, sulphuric and phosphoric acid and many others. The companys services range from process development and design, to plant commissioning and start up, and include services in instrumentation and automation.
This segment offers worldwide modelling, financing arrangement and advisory services for its projects and for third party clients.
On January 27, 2010, SNC Lavalin Group Inc. and Vnesheconombank announced the formation of VEB Engineering LLC, a Russian company that would be jointly owned by SNC-Lavalin and the Bank.
SNC-Lavalin Group, Inc. was founded in 1911.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SNC LAVALIN GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SNC LAVALIN GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SNC LAVALIN GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SNC LAVALIN GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SNC LAVALIN GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SNC Lavalin Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SNC Lavalin Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SNC Lavalin Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SNC Lavalin Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Engineering and Construction Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SNC Lavalin Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SNC LAVALIN GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SNC LAVALIN GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SNC LAVALIN GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SNC LAVALIN GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SNC LAVALIN GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SNC LAVALIN GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SNC Lavalin Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SNC Lavalin Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SNC Lavalin Group Inc. Major Shareholders
SNC Lavalin Group Inc. History
SNC Lavalin Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SNC Lavalin Group Inc. Offices and Representations
SNC Lavalin Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SNC Lavalin Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SNC Lavalin Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
SNC Lavalin Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Engineering and Construction Services Industry Statistics
SNC Lavalin Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SNC Lavalin Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SNC Lavalin Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SNC Lavalin Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
SNC Lavalin Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
SNC Lavalin Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SNC Lavalin Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SNC Lavalin Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?