- The report contains detailed information about Northfield Capital Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Northfield Capital Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Northfield Capital Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Northfield Capital Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Northfield Capital Corp. business.
About Northfield Capital Corp.
Northfield Capital Corporation operates as an investment holding company. The company invests in companies operating in the glass, manufacturing, oil and gas, mining, and technology industries. In addition, the Company also carries on other traditional merchant banking activities, such as short-term investing.
Northfield classifies its investments into two categories: marketable securities and long-term investments. Marketable securities are investments in entities which are considered short-term in nature or are not viewed as a significant holding. Northfield Glass Group, Inc. (Glass Group or NGG), a wholly owned subsidiary of the company, carries on business in the glass industry.
NGG is a window, glass and glazing company that operates in Eastern Canada which specializes in the manufacture, sales and service of residential, industrial and commercial architectural vinyl and aluminum windows and doors, glass, mirror and related products.
NGG has two divisions: Economy Glass and City Thermo Plane.
Economy Glass: Economy Glass operates retail and service glass shops, dealing with the general public, commercial property owners and institutions. With stores in Dartmouth, Moncton and Fredericton, all three stores have walk in traffic, as well as service vehicles for larger repairs. The retail department has a large selection of products including glass, mirror, custom mirror framing, screens, plexiglas, lexan, custom shower enclosures, glass tinting and related accessories. These retail shops can manufacture a large range of glass and glass related products and also provide a repair service for everything from flashlight lenses to large boardroom table glass tops. The resale shops also do custom work for cabinet makers, boat builders and finish carpenters.
The service department can repair all of the products that Economy Glass sells, as well as products sold by competitors of Economy Glass. The service department offers: a large inventory of parts for new and old products to minimize the downtime of its customers; and a large fleet of approximately 50 service vehicles in Atlantic Canada, each equipped with qualified personnel and parts.
Economy Glass also operates as a contractor in the glass and aluminum storefront, curtain wall, skylites, and automatic door business. While Dartmouth and Fredericton handle their own smaller contract jobs, Moncton has a large contract and fabrication division that supports Dartmouth and Fredericton on large contracts. The contractor projects completed by Economy Glass range include the Casino Nova Scotia, Hilton Hotel in Saint John, the Rooms in St. Johns, Newfoundland, IWK Hospital in Halifax, Moncton Hospital and many Staples, WalMart and Sobeys type stores.
City Thermo Pane: City Thermo Pane operates as a manufacturer of construction products such as industrial and residential insulated glass units (IGUs or thermopanes); PVC windows and shapes; residential steel doors, garden doors, and French doors; as well as a distributor of flat glass. City Thermo Pane markets its products in the Atlantic Provinces as well as parts of Eastern Quebec.
The Company was incorporated in 1981 under the name Puissance Resources Limited and changed its name to Puissance Corporation in 1983. Further, the Company changed its name to Northfield Capital Corporation in 1987.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NORTHFIELD CAPITAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NORTHFIELD CAPITAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NORTHFIELD CAPITAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NORTHFIELD CAPITAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NORTHFIELD CAPITAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Northfield Capital Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Northfield Capital Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Northfield Capital Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Northfield Capital Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Northfield Capital Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. NORTHFIELD CAPITAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NORTHFIELD CAPITAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NORTHFIELD CAPITAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NORTHFIELD CAPITAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NORTHFIELD CAPITAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NORTHFIELD CAPITAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Northfield Capital Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Northfield Capital Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Northfield Capital Corp. Major Shareholders
Northfield Capital Corp. History
Northfield Capital Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Northfield Capital Corp. Offices and Representations
Northfield Capital Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Northfield Capital Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Northfield Capital Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Northfield Capital Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Statistics
Northfield Capital Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Northfield Capital Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Northfield Capital Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Northfield Capital Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Northfield Capital Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Northfield Capital Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Northfield Capital Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Northfield Capital Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?