- The report contains detailed information about Nortek Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Nortek Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Nortek Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Nortek Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Nortek Inc. business.
About Nortek Inc.
Nortek, Inc. engages in the manufacture and sale of branded residential and commercial building products.
The company operates in four segments: the Residential Ventilation Products (RVP) segment; the Home Technology Products (HTP) segment; the Residential Air Conditioning and Heating Products (R-HVAC) segment; and the Commercial Air Conditioning and Heating Products (C-HVAC) segment.
Residential Ventilation Products Segment
The RVP segment primarily manufactures and distributes room and whole house ventilation products and other products primarily for the professional remodeling and replacement markets, residential new construction market and the do-it-yourself (DIY) market. The principal products of the segment, which are sold under the Broan, NuTone, Venmar, Best, and Zephyr brand names, are kitchen range hoods, exhaust fans (such as bath fans and fan, heater and light combination units), and indoor air quality products.
The company supplies residential range hoods and exhaust fans in North America. It also supplies luxury Eurostyle range hoods in Europe. Its kitchen range hoods expel grease, smoke, moisture, and odors from the cooking area. The exhaust fans the company offers are primarily used in bathrooms to remove humidity and odors and include combination units, which may have lights, heaters or both. The companys range hood and exhaust fan products are differentiated on the basis of air movement as measured in cubic feet per minute and sound output as measured in sones.
The company supplies indoor air quality products, which include air exchangers, as well as heat or energy recovery ventilators (HRVs or ERVs, respectively) that provide whole house ventilation in North America. Both HRVs and ERVs moderate the temperature of the air by transferring heat from one air stream to the other. In addition, ERVs also modify the humidity content of the air. The company also sells powered attic ventilators, which alleviate heat built up in attic areas and reduce deterioration of roof structures.
The company sells other products in this segment, including door chimes, medicine cabinets, trash compactors, ceiling fans, and central vacuum systems. The company sells the products in its RVP segment to distributors and dealers of electrical and lighting products, kitchen and bath dealers, retail home centers and private label customers.
In this segment, the company has introduced a line of upscale range hoods encompassing the latest in style and functionality. Also offered in this segment is a line of EnergyStar compliant ventilation fans, including heavy-duty models ideal for light commercial installations and offices, recessed fan/lights, as well as 35 different models in the Ultra Silent Series.
Home Technology Products Segment
The HTP segment manufactures and distributes an array of products designed to provide security for residential and certain commercial applications. The principal products sold in this segment are audio/video distribution and control equipment, speakers and subwoofers, security and access control products, power conditioners and surge protectors, audio/video wall mounts and fixtures, lighting controls and home integration products, and structured wiring.
The segments audio/video distribution and control equipment products include multi-room/multi-source controllers and amplifiers, home theater receivers, intercom systems, hard disk media servers, and control devices, such as keypads, remote controls, and volume controls. The segments speakers are primarily built-in (in-wall or in-ceiling) and are primarily used in multi-room or home theater applications. The products in these categories are sold under the Niles, IntelliControl ICS, Elan, ATON, SpeakerCraft, Tantra, Proficient Audio Systems, Sunfire, Imerge, Xantech, M&S Systems, and Channel Plus brand names.
The segments offering of control equipment includes software and hardware that facilitates the control of third-party residential subsystems, such as home theater, whole-house audio, climate control, lighting, security and irrigation. These products are being sold under the Home Logic brand name and a
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NORTEK INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NORTEK INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NORTEK INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NORTEK INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NORTEK INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Nortek Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Nortek Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Nortek Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Nortek Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Nortek Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NORTEK INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NORTEK INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NORTEK INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NORTEK INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NORTEK INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NORTEK INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Nortek Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Nortek Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Nortek Inc. Major Shareholders
Nortek Inc. History
Nortek Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Nortek Inc. Offices and Representations
Nortek Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Nortek Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Nortek Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Nortek Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Statistics
Nortek Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Nortek Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Nortek Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Nortek Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Nortek Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Nortek Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Nortek Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Nortek Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?