- The report contains detailed information about Masco Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Masco Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Masco Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Masco Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Masco Corporation business.
About Masco Corporation
Masco Corporation manufactures, distributes, and installs home improvement and building products in North America. The companys products include faucets, cabinets, architectural coatings, and windows. It installs building products for the new home construction market. It operates in China, Denmark, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
Cabinets and Related Products
In North America, the company manufactures and sells economy, stock, semi-custom, assembled and ready-to-assemble cabinetry for kitchen, bath, storage, home office, and home entertainment applications. In Europe, the company manufactures and sells assembled and ready-to-assemble kitchen, bath, storage, home office and home entertainment cabinetry. These products are primarily sold in the United States and in Europe under various trademarks, including KRAFTMAID, DISTINCTIONS, TVILUM-SCANBIRK, and WOODGATE primarily to dealers and home centers, and under the brands MERILLAT, MOORES, and QUALITY CABINETS primarily to distributors and homebuilders for both the home improvement and new home construction markets.
In February 2010, the company completed the combination of its Builder Cabinet Group and Retail Cabinet Group to form Masco Cabinetry. Masco Cabinetry would focus on channels of distribution by offering a portfolio of cabinets and countertops.
Competition: The company competes with American Woodmark Corporation and Fortune Brands, Inc.
The companys plumbing products segment sells various faucet and showering devices that are manufactured by or for it. Its plumbing products are sold in North America and Europe under various brand names, including DELTA, PEERLESS, HANSGROHE, AXOR, BRIZO, BRASSTECH, BRISTAN, NEWPORT BRASS, ALSONS, SIRRUS, and PLUMB SHOP. Products include single-handle and double-handle faucets, showerheads, handheld showers and valves, which are sold to major retail accounts and to wholesalers and distributors who sell these products to plumbers, building contractors, remodelers, smaller retailers, and others.
Other plumbing products manufactured and sold by the company includes AQUA GLASS, MIROLIN, and AMERICAN SHOWER & BATH acrylic and gelcoat bath and shower enclosure units, shower trays and laundry tubs, which are sold primarily to wholesale plumbing distributors and home center retailers for the North American home improvement and new home construction markets. Its spas are manufactured and sold under HOT SPRING, CALDERA, and other trademarks directly to independent dealers. It sells HUPPE shower enclosures through wholesale channels primarily in western Europe. HERITAGE ceramic and acrylic bath fixtures and faucets are principally sold in the United Kingdom directly to selected retailers.
The company also offers brass and copper plumbing system components and other plumbing specialties, which are sold to plumbing, heating and hardware wholesalers and to home center retailers, hardware stores, building supply outlets, and other mass merchandisers. These products are marketed in North America for the wholesale trade under the BRASSCRAFT and BRASSTECH trademarks and for the do-it-yourself market under the MASTER PLUMBER and PLUMB SHOP trademarks and are also sold under private label.
Competition: The company competes with American Standard, Kohler, Moen, Price Pfister, Friedrich Grohe, Lasco, Maax, and Jacuzzi.
Installation and Other Services
The companys Installation and Other Services segment sells installed building products and distributes building products primarily to the new home construction market, and the commercial construction market, throughout the United States. Distributed products include insulation, insulation accessories, gutters, roofing, and fireplaces. Distributed products are sold primarily to contractors and dealers from distribution centers in various parts of the United States.
Decorative Architectural Products
The company produces architectural coatings, including paints, primers, specialty paint products, stains, varnishes, and waterproofing products. The products are sold in the United States, Canada, China, Mexico, and South America under the brand names BE
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MASCO CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MASCO CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MASCO CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MASCO CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MASCO CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Masco Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Masco Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Masco Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Masco Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Masco Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. MASCO CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MASCO CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MASCO CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MASCO CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MASCO CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MASCO CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Masco Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Masco Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Masco Corporation Major Shareholders
Masco Corporation History
Masco Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Masco Corporation Offices and Representations
Masco Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Masco Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Masco Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Masco Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Statistics
Masco Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Masco Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Masco Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Masco Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Masco Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Masco Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Masco Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Masco Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?