- The report contains detailed information about Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV business.
About Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV
Internacional de Cerámica, S.A. de C.V. engages in the manufacture and distribution of glazed ceramic floor and wall tile, and related products, primarily in Mexico and the United States. The Company produces a selection of glazed ceramic floor and wall tile for residential and commercial uses. Products manufactured in its Mexican facilities are marketed by the Company throughout Mexico under the Interceramic brand name, using a national network of exclusive franchise stores as well as a number of Company-owned stores in the important Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey and Chihuahua markets. In addition, the Company imports ceramic floor and wall tile, primarily from Italian and Spanish manufacturers, for distribution and sale in the United States and Mexico and manufactures and distributes grouts and adhesive materials in Mexico to complement the Companys ceramic tile product lines.
The Company organized a wholly-owned subsidiary, Distribución Interceramic, S.A. de C.V. (DISA), to own and operate wholesale/retail locations throughout the Mexico City area. It organized Interacabados de Occidente, S.A. de C.V. (Occidente), another wholly-owned subsidiary, to acquire the operations of the Companys franchisee in the Guadalajara area.
The Company manufactures and sells glazed ceramic and porcelain floor and wall tile, as well as grouts and adhesives for applying these products. Additionally, under the Kohler Agreement and the American Standard Agreement, in Mexico the Company markets various sanitary fixtures, faucets, bathroom accessories and related products and hardware in its franchise stores. Kohler products are directed at the high-end market while the American Standard products are geared more towards the mid- and low-end markets.
Residential Light grade tile covers ceramic tile intended to be used in applications where the likely incidence of wear and corrosion is low, such as in bathrooms and kitchens, while Commercial Moderate and Commercial Heavy grade tile is used for different applications in restaurants, shopping malls and public buildings and is sold for commercial application where wear and corrosive conditions are likely to be higher. In between the Residential Light and Commercial Moderate grades, different types of tile range from Residential Moderate and Heavy to Commercial Light.
Each product line is offered in different colors and sizes, and many products are offered in square as well as smaller rectangular shapes for contrast. Each product line features a characteristic surface glaze, depending on the intended use as well as on the style and appearance sought to be achieved. Glazes range from shiny, smooth and vitreous, with uniformity of color, to smooth, matted finishes with the color variations characteristic of marble or porcelain, to surfaces with a grainy texture and mottled appearance. Some of the Companys more popular products have rugged, multi colored, shaded or tinted surfaces with the appearance of hewn stone.
The Company launched new products using a rectified technique which produces ceramic tile with marble and granite like patterns and textures. These relatively expensive products have been very well received in the markets, particularly in Mexico. Also in 2000, the Company introduced a new line of marbled tile with fine design and high definition, resulting in a look practically like natural marble.
Interceramic USA also imports, primarily from Spain, Italy and Brazil, and purchases from other United States manufacturers, other ceramic tile products such as glazed ceramic wall tile in a variety of styles, shapes, colors and glazes, as well as glazed and unglazed ceramic floor tile, stone and marble products. Interceramic USA also distributes marble and granite floor tile produced by third-party manufacturers, and sells through the ITS network a significant amount of products produced by third parties.
Sales and Marketing
The Company markets its products throughout Mexico, as well as in the United States and Canada and in the past, to a very limited extent, Central America. Sales in Mexico are made through an extensive franchise network, which includes Company-owned points of sale in the major markets of Mexico City, Guadalajara, Chihuahua and Monterrey, while in the United States, Interceramic USA effects sales through independent dealers and ITS stores.
In Mexico, the Company competes with a limited number of domestic manufacturers of ceramic tile, including Porcelanite, Vitromex, Lamosa and, to a lesser extent, a Mexican affiliate of Dal-Tile.
The Company, through Interceramic USA, competes with several domestic manufacturers, such as Dal-Tile, as well as numerous foreign producers of ceramic tile whose products are sold in the United States at very competitive prices.
Internacional de Cerámica was founded Chabre in 1978.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INTERNACIONAL DE CERAMICA SA DE CV COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INTERNACIONAL DE CERAMICA SA DE CV BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INTERNACIONAL DE CERAMICA SA DE CV SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INTERNACIONAL DE CERAMICA SA DE CV FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INTERNACIONAL DE CERAMICA SA DE CV COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV Industry Position Analysis
6. INTERNACIONAL DE CERAMICA SA DE CV NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INTERNACIONAL DE CERAMICA SA DE CV EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INTERNACIONAL DE CERAMICA SA DE CV ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. MEXICO PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INTERNACIONAL DE CERAMICA SA DE CV IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INTERNACIONAL DE CERAMICA SA DE CV PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INTERNACIONAL DE CERAMICA SA DE CV VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV Major Shareholders
Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV History
Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV Offices and Representations
Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV Capital Market Snapshot
Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Statistics
Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV 1-year Stock Charts
Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV 5-year Stock Charts
Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Internacional de Ceramica SA de CV Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?