- The report contains detailed information about Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Hankuk Glass Industries Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. business.
About Hankuk Glass Industries Inc.
Hankuk Glass Industries, Inc. operates as a holding company in Korea. The company conducts operations in the glass industry in three segments, which include Flat Glass Division, Automotive Glass Division and Specialty Glass Division.
Flat Glass Division
Flat glass division manufactures and distributes architectural flat glass products, such as reflective, tempered, laminated, double-glazed, and coated products to the building and automotive manufacturing industries.
Luscious/Cozy includes Insulating Glass, Low E- Insulating Glass, Reflective Insulating Glass, Heat Mirror Insulating Glass, Low E- Glass and Reflective Glass.
Clear/Transparent includes Hanlife, Colored Glass, Lower Ferrous Glass and Suspended Particle Devices Glass.
Safety/Security includes Seculite, Lamlite, Lamlite Silence and Pyroguard.
Decorative Glass includes Spanlite, Bentlite, Decoglass, Decoglass+, Masterglass and misomoA.
Automotive Glass Division
Automotive safety glass division supplies windscreens, sidelights, rear windows, and sunroofs to original equipment manufacturing and the replacement markets.
Automotive Safety Glass keeps properties, which protects passengers when it is broken. Automotive glass is classified laminated glass and tempered glass.
Laminated glass is especially used for windshield. It consists of a glass /plastic (PVB, PolyVinylButyral)/glass sandwich. On being struck or impacted, it breaks but is held together by the plastic intermediate layer.
Tempered glass is used for backlight, side windows and roofs. It is composed of one continuous sheet of glass. It is heated to approximately 600 ¡É, then shaped and suddenly cooled down by air. On being impacted, it breaks into a many little blunt fragments.
Specialty Glass Division
Specialty glass division manufactures and distributes products, such as trays for microwave ovens, tube and bulb glass for lighting fixtures, glass wool for thermal and acoustic insulation, and pharmaceutical glass.
Microwave Oven Tray: The microwave oven enables cooking by friction heat generated from the molecules of food by the use of high frequency. The glass-cooking tray is an insulator tray that is essential to enhancing cooking efficiency while taking the role of a stand on which food is laid. The company supplies 12 million pieces to 30 companies in 15 countries annually, representing a global market share of 45%.
Lighting Glass: The company offers various varieties, which include:
Tube Glass: Featuring illuminators that provide light to medical, electronic, physical and chemical products, tube glass is made into various types of products.
Soda Glass: Soda Glass has been in most general use. Its principal components are silicon, soda and calcium. Glassmate Soda Glass products are supplied in the forms of tube and bulb, and are used as lighting glass.
Lead Glass: Lead glass is a type of glass whose main components are silicon and lead. Lead glass is mainly used for the stems and exhaust pipes of florescent and incandescent lamps, in addition to being used for neon signs, pilot lamps and neck tubes.
Glass Wool: The Haniso glass wool is produced by utilizing the manufacturing process called the ¡°TEL Process¡± that has been made available through a technical tie-up between Hankuk Glass Industries and Isover Saint Gobain. It features a sound-absorbing power higher than that of other thermal insulating materials and durability. It is a heat- and cold-reserving, heat-insulating and sound-absorbing material that saves energy and creates an agreeable atmosphere.
Mat: This glass has outstanding heat-insulating, heat-reserving and sound-absorptive properties. One side of the Haniso mat can be covered by aluminum foil, glass cloth, asphalt, Kraft, bonded mat or PVC.
Board: Board features outstanding heat-insulating, heat-reserving and sound-absorptive properties. This glass has a variety of choices as it is supplied in different specifications and types.
Batt: It has outstanding heat-insulating, heat-reserving and sound-absorptive properties. One side of the Haniso mat can be covered by aluminum foil, glass cloth, asphalt, Kraft, bonded mat or PVC.
Pipe Cover: There is no sagging with Pipe Cover after installation. Since the entire sheet of glass is uniformly hardened, its thermal insulating effect is high. It is supplied in various specifications.
Lamella Mat: Lamella Mat is a product produced through transformation of a plate-shaped Haniso board into a V-shaped lamellar structure, which is suitable for thermal insulation on big pipes and large-sized tanks. It is resistant to impacts like vibration.
Hanisotone: Hanisotone is characterized by a humidity resistance as its shape is maintained in its original state even at the relative humidity of 80% (base temperature: 20).
Hankuk Glass Industries, Inc. was incorporated in Korea in 1957.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HANKUK GLASS INDUSTRIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HANKUK GLASS INDUSTRIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HANKUK GLASS INDUSTRIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HANKUK GLASS INDUSTRIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HANKUK GLASS INDUSTRIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HANKUK GLASS INDUSTRIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HANKUK GLASS INDUSTRIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HANKUK GLASS INDUSTRIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SOUTH KOREA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HANKUK GLASS INDUSTRIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HANKUK GLASS INDUSTRIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HANKUK GLASS INDUSTRIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. Major Shareholders
Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. History
Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. Offices and Representations
Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Statistics
Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Hankuk Glass Industries Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?