- The report contains detailed information about Gafisa S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Gafisa S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Gafisa S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Gafisa S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Gafisa S.A. business.
About Gafisa S.A.
Gafisa S.A. engages in homebuilding operations in Brazil. The companys main business is the development of residential buildings in various locations. It also engages in the development of land subdivisions, also known as residential communities, and affordable entry-level housing. In addition, the company provides construction services to third parties. Its brands include Gafisa, Alphaville, and Tenda.
Real Estate Activities
The companys real estate business includes various activities, including developments for sale of residential units, land subdivisions (also known as residential communities), and commercial buildings; construction services to third parties; and sale of units through its brokerage subsidiaries, Gafisa Vendas Intermediacao Imobiliaria Ltda and Gafisa Vendas in Rio de Janeiro, jointly referred as Gafisa Vendas. The companys developments for sale are divided into three categories, including Residential Buildings, Land Subdivisions, and Commercial Buildings.
In the residential buildings product category, the company develops three main types of products, including luxury buildings targeted at upper-income customers; buildings targeted at middle-income customers; and affordable entry-level housing targeted at lower-income customers.
Luxury Buildings: Luxury buildings have approximately 180 square meters of private area, at least 4 bedrooms and three parking spaces. The development includes swimming pools, gyms, visitor parking, and other amenities.
Middle Income Buildings: Buildings targeted at middle-income customers have between 90 and 180 square meters of private area, 3 or 4 bedrooms and 2 to 3 underground parking spaces.
Affordable Entry-Level Developments: Affordable entry-level housing consists of building and house units.
Land Subdivisions under Gafisa Brand
The company develops residential land subdivisions for sale upon which residential buildings can be developed. It provides the infrastructure for a given land subdivision planning, such as the electric, water and sewage systems, paved streets, and common recreational areas.
Land Subdivisions under Alphaville Brand
The company owns a 60% of its subsidiary Alphaville Urbanismo S.A. (Alphaville), the residential community development company in Brazil focused on the identification, development and sale of residential communities in the metropolitan regions throughout Brazil targeted at upper and upper-middle income families. The company's new residential communities are sold under the Alphaville brand.
The company, whenever it develops a new Alphaville community, provides the basic civil works for supporting the construction on the lots, such as electrical, telephone and data communications cabling, hydraulic (water and sewer) mains and treatment facilities, landscaping and gardening, lighting and paving of the streets and driveways and security fencing. In its Alphaville communities, the company also builds a social and sports club for the residents, with soccer, golf and tennis fields, jogging and bicycle tracks, saunas, swimming pools, ballrooms, restaurants and bars, and other facilities. In addition, Alphaville projects have a shopping center where residents can shop for clothes and groceries. Additionally, whenever the company develops a new Alphaville community far from urban centers, the company seeks to assist in establishing schools near the community by forming partnerships with educational institutions.
In 2009, the company launched four commercial buildings, including Centro Empresarial Madureira, Paulista Corporate, Reserva Eco Office Life, and Global Offices. As of December 31, 2008, the company had four commercial buildings under development for sale includes Sunplaza Personal Office and Icarai Corporate, both in the state of Rio de Janeiro, Manhattan Wall Street in Salvador and JTR in Maceio.
In 2007, the company completed the Eldorado Business Tower in Sao Paulo, a triple A standard office building developed in partnership with Sao Carlos Empreendimentos e Participacoes S.A. and Banco Modal S.A. The Eldorado Business Tower brings together advanced technology and environmental innovation.
The company provides construction services to third parties, building residential and commercial projects for the developers in Brazil. Its principal construction services clients are large companies, majority of them developers that do not build their own projects. As of December 31, 2009, the companys principal construction services clients were Fibra Empreendimentos Imobiliários S.A., Sisan-Grupo Silvio Santos, Camargo Correa Desenvolvimento Imobiliario S.A., Helbor Empreendimentos Imobiliarios Ltda., InCons S.A., SDI Desenvolvimento Imobiliario Ltda., and Abyara. It also provides construction services on certain developments where it retains an equity interest.
The company operates in approximately 120 municipalities, including Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Salvador, Fortaleza, Natal, Curitiba, Belo Horizonte, Manaus, Porto Alegre, and Belem, across 21 states and the Federal District.
The companys customers consist of development and construction service clients. Development clients are those who purchase units in its developments. As of December 31, 2009, its development-client database included approximately 71,000 individuals. The company has approximately 28,000 active clients. As of December 31, 2009, the companys construction services clients included Fibra Empreendimentos Imobiliarios S.A., Sisan-Grupo Silvio Santos, Camargo Correa Desenvolvimento Imobiliario S.A., Helbor Empreendimentos Imobiliarios Ltda., Ypua Empreendimentos Imobiliarios SPE Ltda, Grupo Sisan, InCons SA, SDI Desenvolvimento Imobiliario Ltda., Fibra Empreendimentos Imobiliários, Incols Curitiba Empreedimentos Imobiliários SPE, and Abyara.
The companys suppliers include Gerdau Açominas S.A., Votorantim Cimentos Brasil Ltda., Cia. Brasileira de Concreto S.A., and Supermix Concreto S.A.
Gafisa S.A. was founded in 1997.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GAFISA S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GAFISA S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GAFISA S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GAFISA S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GAFISA S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Gafisa S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Gafisa S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Gafisa S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Gafisa S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Gafisa S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. GAFISA S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GAFISA S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GAFISA S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BRAZIL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GAFISA S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GAFISA S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GAFISA S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Gafisa S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Gafisa S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Gafisa S.A. Major Shareholders
Gafisa S.A. History
Gafisa S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Gafisa S.A. Offices and Representations
Gafisa S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Gafisa S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Gafisa S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
Gafisa S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Statistics
Gafisa S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Gafisa S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Gafisa S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Gafisa S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
Gafisa S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
Gafisa S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Gafisa S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Gafisa S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?