- The report contains detailed information about Dycom Industries Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Dycom Industries Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Dycom Industries Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Dycom Industries Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Dycom Industries Inc. business.
About Dycom Industries Inc.
Dycom Industries, Inc. provides specialty contracting services in the United States. The company's services include engineering, construction, maintenance, and installation services to telecommunications providers, underground facility locating services to various utilities, including telecommunications providers, and other construction and maintenance services to electric utilities and others. It also provides services on a limited basis in Canada.
Specialty Contracting Services
Engineering: The company provides outside plant engineers and drafters to telecommunication providers. These personnel design aerial, underground and buried fiber optic, copper, and coaxial cable systems that extend from the telephone company central office, or cable operator headend, to the consumers home or business. The engineering services the company provides to telephone companies include the design of service area concept boxes, terminals, buried and aerial drops, transmission and central office equipment, the proper administration of feeder and distribution cable pairs, and fiber cable routing and design. For cable television multiple system operators, the company performs make-ready studies, strand mapping, field walk-out, computer-aided radio frequency design and drafting, and fiber cable routing and design. The company obtains rights of way and permits in support of its engineering activities and those of its customers, and provides construction management and inspection personnel in conjunction with engineering services or on a stand-alone basis.
Construction, Maintenance, and Installation: The company places and splices fiber, copper, and coaxial cables. It also installs fiber optic cable to cell sites. In addition, the company excavates trenches in which to place these cables; place related structures, such as poles, anchors, conduits, manholes, cabinets and closures; place drop lines from main distribution lines to the consumers home or business; and maintain and remove these facilities. These services are provided to both telephone companies and cable television multiple system operators in connection with the deployment of new networks and the expansion or maintenance of existing networks. For cable television multiple system operators, its services also include the installation and maintenance of customer premise equipment, including set top boxes and modems.
Premise Wiring: Premise wiring services are provided to various corporations and state and local governments. These services are limited to the installation, repair, and maintenance of telecommunications infrastructure with in improved structures.
Underground Facility Locating Services: The company provides underground facility locating services to various utility companies, including telecommunication providers. Its underground facility locating services include locating telephone, cable television, power, water, sewer, and gas lines for these utility companies.
Electric Utilities and Other Construction and Maintenance Services: The company performs construction and maintenance services for electric utilities and other customers. These services are performed primarily on a stand-alone basis and include installing and maintaining overhead and underground power distribution lines. In addition, the company periodically provides these services for the combined projects of telecommunication providers and electric utility companies, primarily in joint trenching situations, in which services are being delivered to new housing subdivisions. The company also maintains and installs underground natural gas transmission and distribution systems for gas utilities.
The companys customers include telephone companies such as AT&T Inc., Verizon Communications Inc., CenturyLink, Inc., Windstream Corporation, Qwest Communications International Inc., and Frontier Communications Corporation. It also provides telecommunications engineering, construction, installation, and maintenance services to cable television multiple system operators, including Comcast Corporation, Time Warner Cable Inc., Charter Communications, Inc., Cablevision Systems Corporation, and Cox Communications, Inc. Premise wiring services are provided to various corporations and state and local governments. Underground facility locating services are provided to telecommunication providers and to various utility and gas companies, including Atmos Energy Corporation, Washington Gas Light Company, Baltimore Gas and Electric, AGL Services Company, and Questar Gas Company.
Dycom Industries, Inc. was founded in 1969.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DYCOM INDUSTRIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DYCOM INDUSTRIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DYCOM INDUSTRIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DYCOM INDUSTRIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DYCOM INDUSTRIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Dycom Industries Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Dycom Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Dycom Industries Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Dycom Industries Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Engineering and Construction Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Dycom Industries Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DYCOM INDUSTRIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DYCOM INDUSTRIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DYCOM INDUSTRIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DYCOM INDUSTRIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DYCOM INDUSTRIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DYCOM INDUSTRIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Dycom Industries Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Dycom Industries Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Dycom Industries Inc. Major Shareholders
Dycom Industries Inc. History
Dycom Industries Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Dycom Industries Inc. Offices and Representations
Dycom Industries Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Dycom Industries Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Dycom Industries Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Dycom Industries Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Engineering and Construction Services Industry Statistics
Dycom Industries Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Dycom Industries Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Dycom Industries Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Dycom Industries Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Dycom Industries Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Dycom Industries Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Dycom Industries Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Dycom Industries Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?