- The report contains detailed information about CRH plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CRH plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CRH plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CRH plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CRH plc business.
About CRH plc
CRH public limited company engages in the manufacture and supply of a range of building materials. The company also engages in the operation of builders merchanting and Do-It-Yourself (DIY) stores. The company has operations in 35 countries, mainly in western Europe and North America, as well as in developing markets in eastern Europe, South America, the Mediterranean basin, China and India.
The company is organized into four divisions, two in Europe: Materials and Products & Distribution; and two in the Americas: Materials in the United States and Products & Distribution in the United States, Mexico, Canada, Chile and Argentina.
Materials businesses are engaged in the production and sale of a range of primary materials including cement, aggregates, readymixed concrete, asphalt/bitumen and agricultural and/or chemical lime. Its principal products are cement, aggregates, readymixed concrete, concrete products, asphalt and lime. Poland, Ukraine, Finland, Switzerland, Ireland, Benelux, Spain and Portugal, together with Turkey in the Mediterranean, and India and China in Asia are the major markets.
Aggregates, asphalt and related services are sold principally to local governmental highway authorities and to contractors, while readymixed concrete and concrete products (manufactured mainly at locations with aggregates on site and including block, masonry, pipe, rooftiles and paving) are sold to both the public and private construction sectors.
Products businesses are involved in the production and sale of architectural and structural concrete products and a range of construction-related accessories and services. This segment also includes businesses engaged in the production and sale of exterior products, including clay products, fabrication and tempered glass products, and the provision of a range of inter-related products and services to the construction sector.
The Products segment operates in 20 European countries with the Benelux, the U.K, France, Switzerland and Germany.
Concrete Products: This group manufactures concrete products for two principal end-uses: pavers, tiles and blocks for architectural use, and floor and wall elements, beams and vaults for structural use. In addition, sand-lime bricks are produced for the residential market. Principal raw materials include cement, crushed stone and sand and gravel all of which are readily available locally.
Clay Products: The Clay Products group principally produces clay facing bricks, pavers, blocks and rooftiles, with the Ibstock operation in the U.K being the largest business.
Building Products: The Building Products group is active in lightside building materials and comprises three product segments: Construction Accessories, Building Envelope Products, and Insulation.
The Construction Accessories group provides in construction accessories in Europe, supplying metal-based accessories, including stainless steel fixing systems, for the construction and precast concrete industries.
The Building Envelope Products business unit is mainly active in the non-residential construction market. The business unit comprises Fencing & Security (F&S), Daylight & Ventilation (D&V) and Roller Shutters & Awnings (RSA) businesses which specialize in entrance control and climate control products. F&S is a supplier of security solutions, which includes designing and manufacturing fencing and security gate systems and supplying access control systems for the building industry, manufacturing industry, sports and recreational areas, power stations and airports.
The D&V group manufactures glass and synthetic rooflights and associated smoke exhaust and natural ventilation systems. The group has manufacturing locations in Germany, Benelux, France, the U.K and Ireland. The RSA group specializes in developing, assembling and distributing roller shutter and awning systems.
The Insulation group is a pan-European business manufacturing three of the four main materials used in insulation (the fourth being mineral fiber which is not manufactured by the group). Insulation products are sold primarily to bui
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CRH PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CRH PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CRH PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CRH PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CRH PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CRH plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CRH plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CRH plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CRH plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CRH plc Industry Position Analysis
6. CRH PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CRH PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CRH PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. IRELAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CRH PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CRH PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CRH PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CRH plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CRH plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CRH plc Major Shareholders
CRH plc History
CRH plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CRH plc Offices and Representations
CRH plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CRH plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CRH plc Capital Market Snapshot
CRH plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Building Products & Construction Materials Industry Statistics
CRH plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CRH plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CRH plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CRH plc 1-year Stock Charts
CRH plc 5-year Stock Charts
CRH plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CRH plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CRH plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?