- The report contains detailed information about Cosco International Holdings Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cosco International Holdings Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cosco International Holdings Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cosco International Holdings Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cosco International Holdings Ltd. business.
About Cosco International Holdings Ltd.
Cosco International Holdings Ltd. (COSCO International or the Company) engages primarily in property investment and development, ship trading and supplying services, building construction and civil engineering, and infrastructure investment.
COSCO International owns eight floors of COSCO Tower with a total floor area of 172,660 square feet. Furthermore, the Company has teamed up with Shanghai Siping Development and Operation (Group) Co. Ltd., an affiliate of Shanghai Hongkou District Government, to jointly develop its first property project in Mainland China - The Fragrant Garden. The property develops in two phases, involving a total investment of around RMB 760 million. Its construction was commenced in June 1999.
Besides, in late January 2003, the Group announced to acquire a 20% of the enlarged issued share capital in CRED from its parent company, COSCO. The total cash consideration amounted to RMB 218,250,000. The CRED's properties under development comprises a total areas of about 800,000 sq.m. and its land reserve amounted to over 2,500,000 sq.m. The new projects under development include Ocean Landscape (formerly Ocean Yuquan Garden), Kai Cheng Plaza and CBD Public Building, etc. The Group announced to sell its entire 49% equity interest in Tian Lin to Yuan Kun, a subsidiary of CRED.
Ship Trading and Supplying Services
COSCO International Ship Trading Company Limited (COSCO Ship Trading), the companys subsidiary, is a window company in the ship trading business of COSCO and is the sole agent and shipbroker of the COSCO group in respect of the provision of the shipping agency services. The core businesses of COSCO Ship Trading include sale and purchase of new and second-hand vessels (including scrap vessels), bareboat charter business, sale and purchase of marine equipment for new shipbuilding projects and provision of consulting services in ship techniques, business and trade, shipping market analysis, ship valuation and financing.
Shun Shing Construction & Engineering Company Limited (SSCE), a wholly owned subsidiary of COSCO International, is a contractor for building construction, maintenance and civil engineering works with extensive experience and good reputation.
In 2002, SSCE has completed the first school village project in Hong Kong which comprising both design & construction at Po Kong Village Road in Kowloon. The development consisted of 3 standard primary schools with 30 classrooms each, a 30-classroom standard secondary school, building services including installation of underground services and utilities, associated external works and other facilities, re-construction of site entrance and pavement. The site area of the project was 35,000 sq.m. and construction floor area was 44,419 sq.m.
Moreover, SSCE was also granted its first construction contract from major developers in Hong Kong to build a private residential project. The private residential development, the Sky Tower, in To Kwa Wan is scheduled to complete in 2004.
Henan Xinzhongyi Electric Power Company Limited (Henan Power Plant) is the major infrastructure investment of the Group. COSCO International purchased a 48.6% stake in a 2x200MW coal-fired power plant in the Henan Province from in 1998. The contractual period of operating the power plant is 20 years starting from February 1995. The Henan Provincial Power Company has entered into a power purchase agreement with Henan Power Plant to offtake a minumum of 2.05 billion kWh annual electricity sold to the grid in the first 6 years of the term of the agreement.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COSCO INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COSCO INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COSCO INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COSCO INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COSCO INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cosco International Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cosco International Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cosco International Holdings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cosco International Holdings Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Engineering and Construction Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cosco International Holdings Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. COSCO INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COSCO INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COSCO INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. HONG KONG PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COSCO INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COSCO INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COSCO INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cosco International Holdings Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cosco International Holdings Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cosco International Holdings Ltd. Major Shareholders
Cosco International Holdings Ltd. History
Cosco International Holdings Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cosco International Holdings Ltd. Offices and Representations
Cosco International Holdings Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cosco International Holdings Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cosco International Holdings Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Cosco International Holdings Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Engineering and Construction Services Industry Statistics
Cosco International Holdings Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cosco International Holdings Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cosco International Holdings Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cosco International Holdings Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Cosco International Holdings Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Cosco International Holdings Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cosco International Holdings Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cosco International Holdings Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?