- The report contains detailed information about Carillion plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Carillion plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Carillion plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Carillion plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Carillion plc business.
About Carillion plc
Carillion plc provides transport and construction services to commercial and public sector clients in the UK, France, Sweden, Canada and the Middle East. The company engages in the development and marketing of integrated solutions tailored to the needs of customers, including project finance, design and construction, maintenance and lifetime asset management.
The companys portfolio includes various projects in the United Kingdom and overseas projects like the new Government Communications Headquarters, Cheltenham, new hospitals like the John Radcliffe in Oxford, the upgrading of major sections of the U.K. rail network, such as the West Coast Mainline, construction of the M6 Toll motorway and maintenance of the M25. The company also provides facilities management services for 10 NHS hospitals and for around 100 million square feet of other government and commercial property, including 8,000 properties for BT. The company is building two of its first public private partnership (PPP) hospitals and maintaining a substantial proportion of the provincial road network in Ontario, Canada. In the Middle East, the company is building parts of the multi-billion pound Festival City development and growing a substantial facilities management business.
The company operates its business in three segments: Support Services segment, Construction Services segment, and PPP Investments segment.
Investments Segment: The company through its investments segment invests in the Public Private Partnership (PPP) projects. The company is also the preferred bidder for another four projects, including its first Independent Sector Treatment Centre in Basildon, for which it were appointed preferred bidder in September 2004.
Support Services Segment: The company through its support services segment offers rail infrastructure, roads maintenance, facilities management and other support services. The company is continuing to operate its contracts, including West Coast Route Modernisation projects, regional projects and the construction and maintenance of the Channel Tunnel Rail Link.
Construction Services Segment: The company through its construction services segment operates the U.K. building and civil engineering activities and International Regional businesses. The company would continue to focus selectively on the U.K. road construction sector and particularly on Highways Agency contracts procured under the Early Contractor Involvement programme, which offers acceptable levels of risk and reward.
The company operates its business in four business sectors: transport sector, health sector, business services sector, and international regional businesses sector.
Transport Sector: Carillion Transport provides heavy rail and road infrastructure services. Carillion Rail delivers major projects to upgrade the U.K. rail network, track renewals and specialist consultancy services. It also maintains the Channel Tunnel Rail Link. In the roads market, Carillion supplies maintenance services to the Highways Agency and to a number of Local Authorities. The company also has a first-class road construction capability focused primarily on motorways and trunk road projects procured under the Governments Early Contractor Involvement programme.
Health Sector: Carillion Health provides services in selected sectors of the U.K. health market. It supplies new PPP hospitals, including project finance, design, construction, maintenance and facilities management services. It is a framework contractor for publicly funded infrastructure under the ProCure 21 programme and supplies facilities management services to NHS hospitals. Carillion Health with its clinical services partner has also been selected as the preferred bidder for its first Independent Sector Treatment Centre, for which this joint venture would provide an integrated service, including the provision and management of the new Centre and all clinical services.
Business Services Sector: Carillion Business Services brings together the companys design, building and facilities management services. Carillion Building operates as a major commercial building company that focuses on the office, retail high-rise urban residential and mixed-use development sectors in U.K. Carillion Services provides integrated facilities management solutions for a portfolio of blue chip private sector customers and for central Government and Local Authorities. TPS Consult offers design and consultancy services.
International Regional Businesses: The companys International Regional Businesses are well established in Canada, the Middle East and the Caribbean. These businesses are developing PPP investments and support services activities alongside a construction capability. This includes PPP hospitals and road maintenance services in Canada and facilities management in the Middle East and Caribbean. In Scandinavia, the company acquired heavy rail infrastructure business in 2003.
Carillion Private Finance: Carillion Private Finance manages its portfolio of PPP equity investments.
Carillion Developments: Carillion Developments specialises in the regeneration of brownfield sites and developments where risk can be minimised through pre-letting or sale to occupiers in sectors where there is continuing demand.
In May 2004, the company sold Crown House, a mechanical and electrical engineering contracting business.
In November 2004, the company sold Carillion BTP, a contracting business in France.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CARILLION PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CARILLION PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CARILLION PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CARILLION PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CARILLION PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Carillion plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Carillion plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Carillion plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Carillion plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Engineering and Construction Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Carillion plc Industry Position Analysis
6. CARILLION PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CARILLION PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CARILLION PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CARILLION PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CARILLION PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CARILLION PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Carillion plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Carillion plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Carillion plc Major Shareholders
Carillion plc History
Carillion plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Carillion plc Offices and Representations
Carillion plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Carillion plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Carillion plc Capital Market Snapshot
Carillion plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Engineering and Construction Services Industry Statistics
Carillion plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Carillion plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Carillion plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Carillion plc 1-year Stock Charts
Carillion plc 5-year Stock Charts
Carillion plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Carillion plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Carillion plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?