- The report contains detailed information about Arcadis NV that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Arcadis NV. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Arcadis NV financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Arcadis NV competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Arcadis NV business.
About Arcadis NV
ARCADIS N.V., an international company, provides consultancy, planning, architectural design, engineering and management services for infrastructure, environment and buildings. It primarily has operation in the Netherlands, Europe, and the United States.
The company focuses its services on three main business lines: Infrastructure; Environment; and Buildings.
The companys infrastructure services create the conditions for transportation and for healthy places to live and work. This business line includes services for transportation (traffic management, highways, railroads, waterways, bridges, tunnels); water (water management, water quality, hydraulic engineering); land development (residential, industrial, recreational, mixed-use, urban and rural planning); and energy (hydropower plants, biogas installations, windmill farms).
The company provides various environmental services by delivering projects that protect the earths resources while meeting its clients economic objectives. Ranging from soil and groundwater remediation and environmental impact assessments to consultancy on corporate energy, product stewardship, health and safety and waste management issues, its services support environmental policies for companies and governments.
The company also assists clients with environmental assessments, site closures and reuse, product stewardship issues, climate change mitigation including carbon footprint minimization and renewable energy health & safety issues and services for noise abatement, solid waste disposal and the preservation of nature and the natural landscape.
The companys services include architectural design and master planning, management services, consultancy and specialized engineering. Projects it works on are inner city (re)developments, office buildings, industrial sites, data centers, hotels, resorts and other leisure facilities, shopping centers, hospitals, schools, museums, public buildings or a mixed use of these functions.
The company works for a range of clients in the public and private sector.
In Infrastructure, the company performs its work is for governments: municipalities, cities, provinces, states, water boards, and ministries. It also works for utilities, project developers, contractors and other private sector firms.
In Environment, the company works for the private sector, including the oil and gas industry, chemical industry, and transportation. It also works for governments, from federal clients (such as the U.S. Department of Defense) to municipal customers.
In Buildings, the company mainly works for owners, managers, operators or developers of real estate, both from the public and private sector.
In January 2008, the company acquired 100% of the shares of LFR Inc., a U.S.-based environmental services company.
In April 2008, the company acquired 100% of the shares of the Dutch company Meander Advies en Onderzoek BV, active in water-management, with a strong focus on river projects.
In April 2008, the company acquired 100% of the shares of Elekol, a Polish company active in railway infrastructure and transportation.
In May 2008, the company acquired 100% of the shares of the Belgian engineering firm Luc Van de Sype bvba (VDS), specialized in infrastructure projects.
In June 2008, the company acquired 50% of the shares of the Romanian company TGH S.r.l., while the remaining 50% of the shares were acquired in October 2008.
In July 2008, the company acquired 100% of the shares of SET S.r.l., an Italian company specialized in environmental consulting services.
In August 2008, the company divested Copijn Utrecht Holding BV, the design and contracting firm specialized in green amenities projects.
The company identifies competition form AECOM; URS; Altran Technologies; Atkins; CH2M HILL; SNC-Lavalin Group; Parsons Corporation; Mott MacDonald Group; and Fugro.
ARCADIS N.V. was founded in 1888.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ARCADIS NV COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ARCADIS NV BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ARCADIS NV SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ARCADIS NV FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ARCADIS NV COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Arcadis NV Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Arcadis NV and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Arcadis NV and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Arcadis NV Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Engineering and Construction Services Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Arcadis NV Industry Position Analysis
6. ARCADIS NV NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ARCADIS NV EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ARCADIS NV ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NETHERLANDS PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ARCADIS NV IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ARCADIS NV PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ARCADIS NV VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Arcadis NV Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Arcadis NV Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Arcadis NV Major Shareholders
Arcadis NV History
Arcadis NV Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Arcadis NV Offices and Representations
Arcadis NV SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Arcadis NV Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Arcadis NV Capital Market Snapshot
Arcadis NV Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Engineering and Construction Services Industry Statistics
Arcadis NV Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Arcadis NV Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Arcadis NV Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Arcadis NV 1-year Stock Charts
Arcadis NV 5-year Stock Charts
Arcadis NV vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Arcadis NV vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Arcadis NV Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?