- The report contains detailed information about Westlake Chemical Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Westlake Chemical Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Westlake Chemical Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Westlake Chemical Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Westlake Chemical Corp. business.
About Westlake Chemical Corp.
Westlake Chemical Corporation engages in the manufacture and marketing of basic chemicals, vinyls, polymers and fabricated products. The companys products include various chemicals, which are fundamental to a range of consumer and industrial markets, including flexible and rigid packaging, automotive products, coatings, residential and commercial construction, as well as other durable and non-durable goods.
The company operates in two business segments, Olefins and Vinyls.
Olefins are the basic building blocks used to create a range of petrochemical products. The company manufactures ethylene, polyethylene, styrene, and associated co-products.
Ethylene: The company has the capacity to produce 2.5 billion pounds of ethylene per year at its Lake Charles complex and the capability to consume all of its production internally to produce polyethylene and styrene monomer in its Olefins business and to produce VCM and EDC in its Vinyls business. It also produces ethylene in its Vinyls segment at its Calvert City, Kentucky facility, all of which is used internally in the production of VCM. In addition, the company produces ethylene co-products, including chemical grade propylene, crude butadiene, pyrolysis gasoline and hydrogen. It sells its entire output of these co-products to external customers.
Polyethylene: Polyethylene is used in the manufacture of various packaging, film, coatings and molded product applications. Polyethylene is generally classified as either LDPE, LLDPE or HDPE. LDPE is used in end products such as bread bags, dry cleaning bags, food wraps and milk carton and snack package coatings. LLDPE is used for higher film strength applications, such as stretch film and heavy duty sacks. HDPE is used to manufacture products, such as grocery, merchandise and trash bags, plastic containers and plastic caps and closures.
Styrene: Styrene is used to produce derivatives, such as polystyrene, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, unsaturated polyester and synthetic rubber. These derivatives are used in various applications, including injection molding, disposables, food packaging, housewares, paints and coatings, resins, building materials, tires and toys.
The company produces majority of the ethylene required to produce its polyethylene, VCM and styrene. Ethylene can be produced from either petroleum liquid feedstocks, such as naphtha, condensates and gas oils, or from natural gas liquid feedstocks, such as ethane, propane and butane.
In addition to its internally supplied ethylene, the company also acquires ethylene from third parties to supply a portion of its ethylene requirements. In addition, the company acquires butene and hexene to manufacture polyethylene and benzene to manufacture styrene.
The companys competitors in the ethylene, polyethylene and styrene markets include INEOS, The Dow Chemical Company, ExxonMobil Chemical Company, LyondellBasell Industries, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP and NOVA Chemicals Corporation, a subsidiary of The International Petroleum Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
The companys principal products in its integrated Vinyls segment include PVC, VCM, EDC, chlorine, caustic soda, and ethylene. It also manufactures and sells products fabricated from the PVC it produces, including pipe, fence and deck, and window and door components. It manages its integrated Vinyls production chain, from the basic chemicals to finished fabricated products As of February 18, 2010, the company also operated 11 PVC fabricated product facilities and owned a 59% interest in a joint venture in China that produces PVC resin, PVC fabricated products, and PVC film and sheet.
PVC: PVC is produced from VCM, which is, in turn, made from chlorine and ethylene. Rigid extrusion PVC compounds are commonly used in window frames, vertical blinds and construction products, including pipe and siding. Injection-molding PVC compounds are used in specialty products, such as computer housings and keyboards, appliance parts and bottles. The company has the capacity to produce 1.1 billion pounds of PVC p
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WESTLAKE CHEMICAL CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WESTLAKE CHEMICAL CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WESTLAKE CHEMICAL CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WESTLAKE CHEMICAL CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WESTLAKE CHEMICAL CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Westlake Chemical Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Westlake Chemical Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Westlake Chemical Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Westlake Chemical Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Westlake Chemical Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. WESTLAKE CHEMICAL CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WESTLAKE CHEMICAL CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WESTLAKE CHEMICAL CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WESTLAKE CHEMICAL CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WESTLAKE CHEMICAL CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WESTLAKE CHEMICAL CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Westlake Chemical Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Westlake Chemical Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Westlake Chemical Corp. Major Shareholders
Westlake Chemical Corp. History
Westlake Chemical Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Westlake Chemical Corp. Offices and Representations
Westlake Chemical Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Westlake Chemical Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Westlake Chemical Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Westlake Chemical Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Westlake Chemical Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Westlake Chemical Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Westlake Chemical Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Westlake Chemical Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Westlake Chemical Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Westlake Chemical Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Westlake Chemical Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Westlake Chemical Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?