- The report contains detailed information about The Valspar Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for The Valspar Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The The Valspar Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes The Valspar Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of The Valspar Corporation business.
About The Valspar Corporation
The Valspar Corporation engages in the manufacture and distribution of coatings, paints, and related products worldwide.
The company operates in two segments, Coatings and Paints.
The Coatings segment includes its packaging product line and its three industrial product lines: coil, general industrial, and wood. The company offers a range of decorative and protective coatings for metal, wood, and plastic, primarily for sale to original equipment manufacturing (OEM) customers in Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America. Products within its Coatings segment include primers, top coats, varnishes, sprays, stains, fillers, and other coatings used by customers in a range of manufacturing industries, including agricultural equipment, appliances, building products, construction equipment, furniture, metal fabrication, metal packaging, and transportation. The company utilizes various coatings technologies to meet its customers coatings requirements, including electrodeposition, powder, solvent-based, waterborne, and UV light-cured coatings.
The companys packaging product line includes coatings for the interior and exterior of metal packaging containers, principally food containers and beverage cans for global customers. It also produces coatings for aerosol and paint cans, crowns for glass bottles, plastic packaging, and bottle closures.
The companys coil product line includes coatings that are applied to metal coils used to manufacture pre-engineered buildings and building components, and other metal building and architectural products and appliances. It manufactures coil coatings primarily in North America. The company also supplies coil coatings in Asia, Australia, eastern and northern Europe, and South America.
The companys general industrial product line provides customers a single source for powder, liquid, and electrodeposition coatings technologies in various industries, including lawn and garden, pipe coatings, transportation, and agricultural and construction equipment. The companys wood product line supplies decorative and protective coatings for wood furniture, building products, cabinets, and floors. It has color design, manufacturing, and technical service capabilities for customers throughout Asia and North America.
The Paints segment includes various products, such as paints, primers, topcoats and aerosol spray paints sold primarily through retailers, distribution networks, and company-owned stores. This segment includes its consumer paints and automotive refinish product lines.
The company offers a portfolio of interior and exterior paints, stains, primers, varnishes, floor paints, and specialty decorative products, such as enamels, aerosols, and faux finishes, used in both the do-it-yourself and professional markets. The primary distribution channels for these products in the U.S. and Canada are home centers, hardware wholesalers, distributors, and independent dealers. The company offers its own branded products and private label brands for customers. At key customers, it also offers additional marketing and customer support. In China, the company sells its Huarun brand of consumer paints through distributors and retail outlets. In Australia and New Zealand, the company sells its Wattyl brands of consumer paints through independent dealers, hardware chains, home centers, and company-owned stores.
The company develops customized merchandising and marketing support programs for its consumer paint customers, enabling them to differentiate their paint departments from their competitors through product and color selection assistance, point-of-purchase materials and labeling. Its primary brands include Valspar and Cabot in the U.S.; Huarun in China; and Wattyl and Solagard in Australia and New Zealand.
The companys automotive product line includes refinish paints and aerosol spray paints that are sold through automotive refinish distributors, body shops, automotive supply distributors, and automotive supply retailers. The company manufactures these products in Europe and North America and distributes them under the Valspar, DeBeer, and House of Kolor brands in various countries worldwide.
In addition to the main product lines within its Coatings and Paints segments, the company manufactures and sells specialty polymers, colorants and gelcoats; and sells furniture protection plans and furniture care and repair products under the Guardsman brand. The specialty polymers and colorants are manufactured for internal use and for external sale to other coatings manufacturers. The companys gelcoats and related products are primarily sold to boat manufacturers and shower and tub manufacturers.
The company's major customer is Lowes Companies, Inc.
The Valspar Corporation was founded in 1806.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. THE VALSPAR CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. THE VALSPAR CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. THE VALSPAR CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. THE VALSPAR CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. THE VALSPAR CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. The Valspar Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of The Valspar Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of The Valspar Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. The Valspar Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. The Valspar Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. THE VALSPAR CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. THE VALSPAR CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. THE VALSPAR CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. THE VALSPAR CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. THE VALSPAR CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. THE VALSPAR CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
The Valspar Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
The Valspar Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
The Valspar Corporation Major Shareholders
The Valspar Corporation History
The Valspar Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
The Valspar Corporation Offices and Representations
The Valspar Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
The Valspar Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
The Valspar Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
The Valspar Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
The Valspar Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
The Valspar Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
The Valspar Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
The Valspar Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
The Valspar Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
The Valspar Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
The Valspar Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
The Valspar Corporation Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?