- The report contains detailed information about Syngenta AG that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Syngenta AG. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Syngenta AG financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Syngenta AG competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Syngenta AG business.
About Syngenta AG
Syngenta AG, an agribusiness company, engages in the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of a range of products designed to improve crop yields and food quality. In addition, the company develops products for markets, such as lawn and garden, professional pest management, vector control, and public health.
The company operates in three segments: Crop Protection, Seeds, and Business Development.
The company is active in herbicides, especially for corn, cereals, soybean and rice; fungicides mainly for corn, cereals, fruits, grapes, rice, soybean and vegetables; insecticides for fruits, vegetables and field crops; seed care, primarily in corn, soybean, cereals and cotton; and professional products, such as products for public health and products for turf and ornamentals. Herbicides are products that prevent or reduce weeds that compete with the crop for nutrients, light and water. Herbicides can be subdivided into selective herbicides, which are crop-specific and control weeds without harming the crop and non-selective herbicides, which reduce or halt the growth of all vegetation with which they come in contact. Fungicides are products that prevent and cure fungal plant diseases that affect crop yield and quality. Insecticides are products that control chewing pests, such as caterpillars and sucking pests, such as aphids, which reduce crop yields and quality. Seed care products are insecticides and fungicides used to protect growth during the early stages. Professional products are herbicides, insecticides, and fungicides used in markets beyond commercial agriculture, and include a range of media mixes for professional flower growers.
The company focuses on major crops in particular, corn, cereals, soybean, fruits and vegetables, and applies its technologies to other crops, such as oilseeds, sugar beets, rice and cotton, and to turf and ornamentals.
Key Marketed Products
The company has a range of Selective Herbicides that control grasses and broad-leaved weeds and are applicable to various crops, with a special emphasis on corn and cereals.
Atrazine (AATREX/GESAPRIM) acts mainly against annual grasses and broad-leaved weeds.
Clodinafop (TOPIK/HORIZON/ CELIO/ DISCOVER) is a grass herbicide which provides a spectrum of annual grass control available in wheat.
Fluazifop-P-Butyl (FUSILADE) is a product for post-emergence control of grass weed. It is registered for use in approximately 60 crops with major outlets in cotton and soybeans in the United States and sugar beet and oilseed rape in Europe.
Mesotrione (CALLISTO family) is a post-emergent herbicide with a spectrum against key broad-leaved weeds in corn.
Pinoxaden (AXIAL) is a post-emergent selective grassweed herbicide, for use in both wheat and barley.
S-metolachlor (DUAL GOLD/ DUAL MAGNUM) is a lower dose rate replacement for metolachlor. Its use has not only reduced the amount of product sprayed on fields, thus responding to the pesticide reduction goals established by various countries.
The company has a series of Non-selective Herbicides, which reduce or halt the growth of vegetation with which they come in contact.
Glyphosate (TOUCHDOWN) is a non-selective herbicide with systemic activity, is a premium product in the market for glyphosate-based products. TOUCHDOWN is registered in approximately 90 counties, including for use on herbicide tolerant corn and soybeans in the United States and Brazil.
Diquat (REGLONE) is a non-selective contact herbicide, which is mainly used as a desiccant to allow easier harvesting.
Paraquat (GRAMOXONE) is a non-selective contact herbicide. It has been a vital product in the development of minimum tillage cropping systems.
The company has a range of Fungicides that prevent and cure fungal plant diseases that affect crop yield and quality.
Azoxystrobin (AMISTAR) is a strobilurin fungicide. It is registered for use in approximately 100 countries and for approximately 120 crops. In Brazil, it is being used to control Asian rust in soybeans in a mixture branded as P
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SYNGENTA AG COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SYNGENTA AG BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SYNGENTA AG SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SYNGENTA AG FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SYNGENTA AG COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Syngenta AG Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Syngenta AG and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Syngenta AG and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Syngenta AG Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Syngenta AG Industry Position Analysis
6. SYNGENTA AG NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SYNGENTA AG EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SYNGENTA AG ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SWITZERLAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SYNGENTA AG IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SYNGENTA AG PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SYNGENTA AG VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Syngenta AG Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Syngenta AG Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Syngenta AG Major Shareholders
Syngenta AG History
Syngenta AG Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Syngenta AG Offices and Representations
Syngenta AG SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Syngenta AG Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Syngenta AG Capital Market Snapshot
Syngenta AG Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Syngenta AG Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Syngenta AG Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Syngenta AG Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Syngenta AG 1-year Stock Charts
Syngenta AG 5-year Stock Charts
Syngenta AG vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Syngenta AG vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Syngenta AG Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?