- The report contains detailed information about Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. business.
About Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd.
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Company Limited operates as a petrochemical company in China.
The company produces four principal types of products with different specifications, including synthetic fibers, resins and plastics, intermediate petrochemicals, and petroleum products. Its refinery units refine crude oil into five components: naphtha, kerosene, atmospheric gas oil (AGO), VGO, and residual oil.
Ethylene Ethylene is either directly processed into polyethylene (PE) resins or processed into other intermediate petrochemicals. Its primary product is monoethylene glycol (MEG). MEG is a key ingredient in polyester. It is produced by oxidizing ethylene in the ethylene oxide (EO)/ethylene glycol (EG) unit. Ethylene also used to produce vinyl acetate which is processed into polyvinyl acetate (PVA).
Propylene Propylene is either processed directly into polypropylene (PP) resins or is further processed into other intermediate petrochemicals, such as acrylonitrile, acetonitrile, hydroxyl acetonitrile, and sodium cyanide. Acrylonitrile is used in producing acrylics.
Vacuum gas oil VGO is passed through the hydrocracker, and resulting heavy naphtha is fed into the aromatics plants to produce paraxylene (PX) and benzene. PX is processed into PTA, a principal raw materials in producing polyester.
Resins and Plastics and Synthetic Fibers
The company processes its intermediate petrochemical products into five kinds of synthetic fiber raw materials: polyester, acrylonitrile, PP, PE, and PVA. It further processes polyester and acrylonitrile into various types of synthetic fibers.
Polyester MEG and PTA are fed into a polymerization unit which produces polyester chips and polyester melt. Both chips and melt are used as raw materials in the production of polyester staple and filaments. Its chips are also sold to third parties. Polyester staple fiber is a multi-strand fiber cut into short lengths which can be spun into fabric on its own or blended with cotton, wool or flax to produce textiles. Polyester filaments are a class of processed polyester materials, which have been drawn and oriented to produce a long thread-like fiber.
Acrylonitrile The company produces polyacrylonitrile by feeding acrylonitrile into a polymerization unit. By passing the polyacrylonitrile through the fiber unit, acrylic fiber and acrylic staple fiber are produced, including cotton and wool type staple fibers. Wool acrylic staple fiber can be processed into acrylic wool strips.
Polypropylene The company produces PP resins by feeding propylene into a polymerization unit. Its fiber grade PP resin is the main ingredient for PP fiber production.
Polyethylene The company has three sets of units producing PE, two of which produce LDPE using the kettle type process, and the other unit produces density PE products using the Borstar bimodal process.
Polyvinyl acetate PVA granules are produced from vinyl acetate (VAC), derived from ethylene.
The company sells its products to trading companies and industrial users. Its synthetic fiber products are purchased by provincial and municipal government trading companies. Its resins and plastics are sold to provincial and municipal government trading companies, and industrial users. The company's outside consumer of its ethylene is Shanghai Chlor-Alkali Chemical Co. Ltd. Its gasoline and diesel customer is Sinopec Sales Company Eastern China Branch Company. It sells residual oil directly to industrial end-users for use as industrial fuel and as feedstock to produce light petroleum products.
The companys major domestic suppliers of crude oil are China National Offshore Oil Corporation and its subsidiaries, and Sinochem International Corporation and its subsidiaries.
The company was founded in 1972. It formerly known as Shanghai Petrochemical Company Limited and changed its name to Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Company Limited in 2000.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SINOPEC SHANGHAI PETROCHEMICAL CO. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SINOPEC SHANGHAI PETROCHEMICAL CO. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SINOPEC SHANGHAI PETROCHEMICAL CO. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SINOPEC SHANGHAI PETROCHEMICAL CO. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SINOPEC SHANGHAI PETROCHEMICAL CO. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. SINOPEC SHANGHAI PETROCHEMICAL CO. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SINOPEC SHANGHAI PETROCHEMICAL CO. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SINOPEC SHANGHAI PETROCHEMICAL CO. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SINOPEC SHANGHAI PETROCHEMICAL CO. LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SINOPEC SHANGHAI PETROCHEMICAL CO. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SINOPEC SHANGHAI PETROCHEMICAL CO. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. Major Shareholders
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. History
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. Offices and Representations
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?