- The report contains detailed information about The Sherwin-Williams Company that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for The Sherwin-Williams Company. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The The Sherwin-Williams Company financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes The Sherwin-Williams Company competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of The Sherwin-Williams Company business.
About The Sherwin-Williams Company
The Sherwin-Williams Company engages in the development, manufacture, distribution and sale of paint, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial and retail customers primarily in North and South America. The company also has additional operations in the Caribbean region, Europe, and Asia.
The company has three segments: Paint Stores Group, Consumer Group and Global Finishes Group.
Paint Stores Group
The Paint Stores Group consisted of 3,354 company-operated specialty paint stores in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, St. Maarten and Jamaica as of December 31, 2009. The Paint Stores Group markets and sells Sherwin-Williams branded architectural paint and coatings, industrial, and marine products, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) product finishes and related items. These products are produced by manufacturing facilities in the Consumer and Global Finishes Groups. In addition, each store sells selected purchased associated products. During 2009, this segment opened 8 net new stores, consisting of 53 new stores opened (44 in the United States, 7 in Canada, 1 in Jamaica and 1 in St. Maarten), and 45 stores closed (in the United States).
The Consumer Group develops, manufactures, and distributes various paint, coatings and related products to third party customers primarily in the United States and Canada and the Paint Stores Group. The products distributed through third party customers are intended for resale to the ultimate end-user of the product.
Global Finishes Group
The Global Finishes Group develops, licenses, manufactures, distributes, and sells various architectural paint and coatings, industrial and marine products, automotive finishes, and refinish products, OEM coatings, and related products in North and South America, Europe, and Asia. Sherwin-Williams and other controlled brand products are distributed through the Paint Stores Group and this segments 539 company-operated branches and by a direct sales staff and outside sales representatives to retailers, dealers, jobbers, licensees, and other third party distributors. During 2009, this segment opened 18 new branches (8 in the United States, 1 in Canada, 6 in South America and 3 in India), and closed 20 (1 in South America, 15 in the United States and 4 in Mexico) for a net reduction of 2 branches. As of December 31, 2009, the Global Finishes Group consisted of operations in the United States, subsidiaries in 14 foreign countries, 4 foreign joint ventures and income from licensing agreements in 16 foreign countries.
The Sherwin-Williams Company was founded in 1866.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. THE SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMPANY COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. THE SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMPANY BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. THE SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMPANY SWOT ANALYSIS
4. THE SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMPANY FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. THE SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMPANY COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. The Sherwin-Williams Company Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of The Sherwin-Williams Company and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of The Sherwin-Williams Company and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. The Sherwin-Williams Company Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. The Sherwin-Williams Company Industry Position Analysis
6. THE SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMPANY NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. THE SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMPANY EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. THE SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMPANY ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. THE SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMPANY IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. THE SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMPANY PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. THE SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMPANY VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
The Sherwin-Williams Company Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
The Sherwin-Williams Company Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
The Sherwin-Williams Company Major Shareholders
The Sherwin-Williams Company History
The Sherwin-Williams Company Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
The Sherwin-Williams Company Offices and Representations
The Sherwin-Williams Company SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
The Sherwin-Williams Company Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
The Sherwin-Williams Company Capital Market Snapshot
The Sherwin-Williams Company Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
The Sherwin-Williams Company Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
The Sherwin-Williams Company Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
The Sherwin-Williams Company Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
The Sherwin-Williams Company 1-year Stock Charts
The Sherwin-Williams Company 5-year Stock Charts
The Sherwin-Williams Company vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
The Sherwin-Williams Company vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
The Sherwin-Williams Company Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?