- The report contains detailed information about The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. business.
About The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co.
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company engages in the manufacture and marketing of branded consumer lawn and garden products, as well as products for professional horticulture primarily in North America and the European Union.
The company operates in three segments: Global Consumer; Global Professional; and Scotts LawnService.
In its Global Consumer segment, the company manufactures and markets consumer lawn and garden products.
Lawn Care: In the United States, products within this category include fertilizer products under the Scotts and Turf Builder brand names; grass seed products under the Scotts, Turf Builder, EZ Seed, Water Smart, and PatchMaster brand names; and lawn-related weed, pest, and disease control products primarily under the Ortho and Scotts brand names, including sub-brands, such as Weed B Gon, Bug B Gon Max, and GrubEx. A similar range of products is marketed in Europe under various brands, such as EverGreen, Fertiligène, Substral, Miracle-Gro Patch Magic, Weedol, Pathclear, KB, Celaflor, and Nexa Lotte. The lawn care category also includes spreaders and other durables under the Scotts brand name, including Turf Builder EdgeGuard spreaders, AccuGreen drop spreaders, and Handy GreenII handheld spreaders.
Gardening and Landscape: In the United States, products within this category include a line of water soluble plant foods under the Miracle-Gro brand and sub-brands, such as LiquaFeed; continuous-release plant foods under the Osmocote and Shake N Feed brand names; potting mixes and garden soils under the Miracle-Gro, Scotts, Hyponex, Earthgro, and SuperSoil brand names; mulch and decorative groundcover products under the Scotts brand, including the Nature Scapes sub-brand; landscape weed prevention products under the Ortho brand; and plant-related pest and disease control products under the Ortho brand. Internationally, similar products are marketed under the Miracle-Gro, Fertiligène, Substral, KB, Celaflor, and ASEF brand names.
Home Protection: In the United States, insect control and rodenticide products are marketed under the Ortho brand name, including insect control products under the Ortho Max sub-brand and rodenticide products under the Home Defense Max sub-brand, while non-selective weed control products are marketed under the Roundup brand name. Internationally, products within this category are marketed under the Nexa Lotte, Fertiligène, KB, Home Defence, and Roundup brands.
Outdoor Living: In the United States, products within this category include wild bird food and bird feeder products under the Scotts Songbird Selections, Morning Song, and Country Pride brand names; weed control products for hard surfaces (such as patios, sidewalks and driveways) under the Ortho brand; and organic garden products under the Miracle-Gro Organic Choice Scotts, and Whitney Farms brand names. Internationally, products within the outdoor living category are marketed under the Scotts, Morning Melodies, Weedol, Pathclear, Scotts EcoSense, Fertiligène Naturen, Substral Naturen, KB Naturen, Carre Vert, and Miracle-Gro Organic Choice brand names.
The company serves as Monsanto Technology LLCs (Monsanto) agent for the marketing and distribution of consumer Roundup products in the consumer lawn and garden market within the United States and other specified countries, including Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom.
The Global Professional segment sells professional horticulture products to commercial nurseries and greenhouses and specialty crop growers primarily in North America and Europe. The companys professional products include a line of controlled-release fertilizers, water-soluble fertilizers, plant protection products, wetting agents, growing media, and grass seed products that are sold under brand names that include Osmocote, Sierrablen, Peters Professional, Peters Excel, Agroblen, Agrocote, Agroleaf, Rout, OH2, Scotts Professional Seed, and Scotts Turf-Seed.
The Scotts LawnService segment provides residential and commercial lawn care, tree and shrub care, and limited pest control services in the United States through periodic applications of fertilizer and control products. As of September 30, 2010, Scotts LawnService had 78 company-operated locations, as well as 87 locations operated by independent franchisees.
The companys products are sold to home centers, mass merchandisers, warehouse clubs, hardware chains, independent hardware stores, nurseries, garden centers, food and drug stores, commercial nurseries and greenhouses, and specialty crop growers. Its major customers include Home Depot; Lowes; and Walmart.
During the period ended September 30, 2010, the companys Smith & Hawken stores were closed and operational activities of Smith & Hawken were discontinued. Smith & Hawken was an outdoor living and garden lifestyle category brand.
In the United States Global Consumer lawn and garden and pest control markets, the companys competitors include Spectrum Brands; Bayer AG; Central Garden & Pet Company; Enforcer Products, Inc.; Green Light Company; and Lebanon Seaboard Corporation.
The companys competitors in the European Union include Bayer AG; Compo GmbH, a subsidiary of K&S Aktiengesellschaft; and Westland Horticulture. In the North American Global Professional horticulture markets, the company faces a range of competition from various companies, such as Agrium, Inc., Haifa Chemicals Ltd., Chisso Asahi Fertilizer Co. Ltd., Syngenta AG, and Bayer AG.
The company has various U.S. and European competitors in the global professional horticulture markets, including Pursell Industries, Inc.; Compo GmbH, a subsidiary of K&S Aktiengesellschaft; Norsk Hydro ASA; Haifa Chemicals Ltd.; and Kemira Oyj. It also competes against TruGreen, a division of ServiceMaster.
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company was founded in 1868.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. THE SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. THE SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. THE SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. THE SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. THE SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. THE SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. THE SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. THE SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. THE SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. THE SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. THE SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. Major Shareholders
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. History
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. Offices and Representations
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. Capital Market Snapshot
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. 1-year Stock Charts
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. 5-year Stock Charts
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?