- The report contains detailed information about RPM International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for RPM International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The RPM International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes RPM International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of RPM International Inc. business.
About RPM International Inc.
RPM International Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture, marketing, and sale of specialty chemical product lines, including specialty paints, protective coatings, roofing systems, sealants and adhesives, focusing on the maintenance and improvement needs of both the industrial and consumer markets.
The company operates through two segments, Industrial and Consumer.
The Industrial Segments products are sold throughout North America. Its industrial product lines are sold directly to contractors, distributors and end-users, such as owners of industrial manufacturing facilities, public institutions, and other commercial customers.
RPM Building Solutions Group
This group includes waterproofing and institutional roofing systems used in building protection, maintenance and weatherproofing applications marketed under its Tremco, Republic, Vulkem and Dymeric brand names; sealants, tapes and foams that seal and insulate joints in various construction assemblies marketed under its Tremco, illbruck and Spectrem brand names; residential basement waterproofing systems marketed under its Tuff-N-Dri and Watchdog Waterproofing brand names; specialized roofing and building maintenance and related services marketed by its Weatherproofing Technologies subsidiary; specialty industrial adhesives and sealants marketed under its Pactan brand name; and concrete and masonry additives and related construction chemicals marketed under its EUCO, Increte, and Tamms brand names.
Performance Coatings Group
This group includes polymer flooring systems for industrial, institutional, and commercial facility floor surfaces marketed under its Stonhard and Flowcrete brand name; industrial and commercial tile systems marketed under its Lock-Tile and Ecoloc brand names; fiberglass reinforced plastic gratings and shapes used for industrial platforms, staircases and walkways marketed under its Fibergrate, Chemgrate, Corgrate and Safe-T-Span brand names; heavy-duty corrosion-control coatings, fireproofing products and containment linings for various industrial infrastructure applications marketed under its Carboline, Nullifire, A/D Fire, Thermo-lag and Plasite brand names; and specialty construction products including bridge expansion joints, bridge deck waterproofing membranes, protective coatings and concrete repair marketed under its Universal Sealants, BridgeCare, StructureCare, Pitchmastic, Nufins and Visul brand names.
RPM II Group
This group includes exterior insulating finishing systems, including textured finish coats, sealers and variegated-aggregate finishes marketed under its Dryvit brand name; various products for specialized applications, including powder coatings for exterior and interior applications marketed under its TCI brand name; fluorescent colorants and pigments marketed under its Day-Glo, Radiant and Dane Color brand names; commercial carpet and floor cleaning solutions marketed under its Chemspec brand name; fuel additives marketed under its Valvtect brand name; wood treatments marketed under its Kop-Coat and Tru-Core brand names; pleasure marine coatings marketed under its Pettit, Woolsey and Z-Spar brand names; waterproofing and flooring products marketed under its RPM Belgium brand names; waterproofing and concrete repair products marketed under its Vandex brand name; wood furniture finishes and touch-up products marketed under its CCI, Mohawk, Chemical Coatings, Behlen and Westfield Coatings brand names; and shellac-based-specialty coatings for industrial and pharmaceutical uses, edible glazes and food coatings marketed under its Mantrose-Haeuser and NatureSeal brand names.
This segment manufactures and markets professional use and do-it-yourself (DIY) products for various mainly consumer applications, including home improvement and personal leisure activities. Its consumer segments major manufacturing and distribution operations are located primarily in North America, along with a few locations in Europe. Consumer segment products are sold directly to mass merchandisers, home improvement centers, hardware stores, paint stores, craft
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RPM INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RPM INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RPM INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RPM INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RPM INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. RPM International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of RPM International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of RPM International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. RPM International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. RPM International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. RPM INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RPM INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RPM INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RPM INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RPM INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RPM INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
RPM International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
RPM International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
RPM International Inc. Major Shareholders
RPM International Inc. History
RPM International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
RPM International Inc. Offices and Representations
RPM International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
RPM International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
RPM International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
RPM International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
RPM International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
RPM International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
RPM International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
RPM International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
RPM International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
RPM International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
RPM International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
RPM International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?