- The report contains detailed information about Royal DSM N.V. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Royal DSM N.V.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Royal DSM N.V. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Royal DSM N.V. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Royal DSM N.V. business.
About Royal DSM N.V.
Royal DSM N.V. operates as a life sciences and materials sciences company. The companys products and services are used in a range of markets and applications. Its end markets include human and animal nutrition and health, personal care, pharmaceuticals, automotive, coatings and paint, electrical and electronics, life protection and housing.
The Nutrition group comprises DSM Nutritional Products and DSM Food Specialties. The main customers are feed, food, dietary supplements, beverages, personal care, and flavor/fragrance companies worldwide. The activities in this group are based on DSMs knowledge of biotechnology (including fermentation, genomics and biocatalysis), organic chemistry and formulation technologies and on the companys application knowledge. DSM holds a position in the markets for ingredients for human and animal nutrition and health and personal care.
DSM Nutritional Products: The company is a supplier of vitamins, carotenoids, feed enzymes, premixes, UV filters and nutritional ingredients. It has a presence in all major international markets. It has 44 premix plants, of which 36 for animal and 8 for human applications, as well as 8 large actives production sites, 5 R&D centers and 40 sales and support offices in all main regions of the world. DSM Nutritional Products is organized around two market-facing entities: Animal Nutrition and Health (ANH) and Human Nutrition and Health (HNH). HNH largely addresses the nutritional ingredients part. ANH addresses the nutritional additives segment of the feed additives market.
DSM Food Specialties: DSM Food Specialties is a supplier of advanced ingredients for the food and beverage industries, primarily manufactured with the aid of fermentation and enzyme technology. Ingredients made by DSM Food Specialties form an essential part of everyday products, such as baking, savory, fruit juice, beer, wine and functional foods. DSM Food Specialties' technology base covers all required disciplines from genetics and fermentation to application and nutrition.
DSM Food Specialties comprises three business units and an Ingredients Development Unit. Enzymes & Dairy Ingredients supplies a range of food enzymes for applications such as baking, fruit processing, brewing and manufacturing of other alcoholic beverages, starter cultures and preservation solutions for cheese, yogurt and meat, and tests for the detection of residues of antibiotics in milk.
Savoury Ingredients is a major supplier of ingredients for flavorings and flavor enhancers (such as yeast extracts) used in products such as soups, instant meals, sauces and savory snacks. Functional Food Ingredients focuses on arachidonic acid (ARA) and functional food ingredients with clinically proven health benefits for dietary supplements and functional foods.
Together with DSM Nutritional Products, DSM Food Specialties offers a portfolio of functional food ingredients. For DSM Food Specialties a major focus in functional food ingredients is on metabolic health solutions, helping consumers to take preventative action to cope with future health concerns, such as high blood pressure (TensGuard), high glucose levels (InsuVital) and obesity (Fabuless).
The Pharma Group comprises the business groups DSM Pharmaceutical Products and DSM Anti-Infectives. DSM is an independent suppliers to the pharmaceutical industry. DSM Anti-Infectives is one of the penicillin producers outside of China.
DSM Pharmaceutical Products
DSM Pharmaceutical Products is a provider of custom contract manufacturing and development services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and agrochemical industries. Customers around the world are serviced from six manufacturing sites in the United States and Europe. DSM Pharmaceutical Products consists of four business units. DSM Pharma Chemicals is a provider of custom chemical manufacturing services for complex registered intermediates and active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). DSM Biologics provides biopharmaceutical manufacturing technology and services. DSM Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a provider of finished-dose-form manufacturing services. DSM Exclusive
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ROYAL DSM N.V. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ROYAL DSM N.V. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ROYAL DSM N.V. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ROYAL DSM N.V. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ROYAL DSM N.V. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Royal DSM N.V. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Royal DSM N.V. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Royal DSM N.V. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Royal DSM N.V. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Royal DSM N.V. Industry Position Analysis
6. ROYAL DSM N.V. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ROYAL DSM N.V. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ROYAL DSM N.V. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NETHERLANDS PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ROYAL DSM N.V. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ROYAL DSM N.V. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ROYAL DSM N.V. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Royal DSM N.V. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Royal DSM N.V. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Royal DSM N.V. Major Shareholders
Royal DSM N.V. History
Royal DSM N.V. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Royal DSM N.V. Offices and Representations
Royal DSM N.V. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Royal DSM N.V. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Royal DSM N.V. Capital Market Snapshot
Royal DSM N.V. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Royal DSM N.V. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Royal DSM N.V. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Royal DSM N.V. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Royal DSM N.V. 1-year Stock Charts
Royal DSM N.V. 5-year Stock Charts
Royal DSM N.V. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Royal DSM N.V. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Royal DSM N.V. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?