- The report contains detailed information about Praxair Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Praxair Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Praxair Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Praxair Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Praxair Inc. business.
About Praxair Inc.
Praxair, Inc. is an industrial gas supplier in North and South America. The companys primary products for its industrial gases business are atmospheric gases (oxygen, nitrogen, argon, rare gases) and process gases (carbon dioxide, helium, hydrogen, electronic gases, specialty gases, acetylene).
The companys operations are organized into five segments, four of which have been determined on a geographic basis of segmentation: North America, Europe, South America, and Asia. In addition, it operates its worldwide surface technologies business through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Praxair Surface Technologies, Inc., which represents the fifth segment. The company also designs, engineers, and builds equipment that produces industrial gases for internal use and external sale.
The companys operations consist of two major product lines: Industrial gases and Surface technologies.
Industrial Gases Products
Atmospheric gases are the highest volume products produced by the company. Using air as its raw material, it produces oxygen, nitrogen, and argon through several air separation processes of which cryogenic air separation is the most prevalent. The company develops a range of proprietary and patented applications and supply systems technology, including small non-cryogenic nitrogen plants. The company also manufactures precious metal and ceramic sputtering targets used primarily in the production of semiconductors.
Surface technologies product line supplies wear-resistant and high-temperature corrosion-resistant metallic and ceramic coatings and powders to the aircraft, printing, textile, plastics, primary metals, petrochemical, and other industries. It also manufactures a line of electric arc, plasma and high-velocity oxygen fuel spray equipment, as well as arc and flame wire equipment used for the application of wear resistant coatings. The coatings extend wear life and are applied at Praxairs facilities using various thermal spray coatings processes. The coated parts are finished to the customers precise specifications before shipment.
International: The company conducts industrial gases business through subsidiary and affiliated companies in Argentina, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, Paraguay, Peru, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand, the United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, and Venezuela. Societa Italiana Acetilene & Derivati S.p.A. (S.I.A.D.), an Italian company accounted for as an equity company, also has established positions in Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Russia and Slovenia. Yara Praxair, which is also accounted for as an equity company, has established positions in Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Surface technologies product line has operations in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom.
Competition: Major competitors in the industrial gases industry both in the United States and worldwide include Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., Airgas Inc., LAir Liquide S.A., and Linde AG. Principal competitors for the surface technologies lines are Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation, a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation, Bodycote, PLC, and Sulzer Metco Management AG.
The company serves approximately 25 industries, such as healthcare and petroleum refining; computer-chip manufacturing and beverage carbonation; fiber-optics and steel making; and aerospace, chemicals and water treatment.
The companys competitors in the industrial gases industry both in the United States and worldwide include Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., Airgas Inc., LAir Liquide S.A., and Linde AG. Principal competitors for the surface technologies lines are Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation, a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation, Bodycote, PLC, and Sulzer Metco Management AG.
In July, 2009, the company acquired Sermatech International Holdings Corp., a global supplier of protective coatings and advanced processes used on industrial and aviation gas turbines with operations in the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, and South Korea.
Praxair, Inc. was founded in 1907.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PRAXAIR INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PRAXAIR INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PRAXAIR INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PRAXAIR INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PRAXAIR INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Praxair Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Praxair Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Praxair Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Praxair Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Praxair Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PRAXAIR INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PRAXAIR INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PRAXAIR INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PRAXAIR INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PRAXAIR INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PRAXAIR INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Praxair Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Praxair Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Praxair Inc. Major Shareholders
Praxair Inc. History
Praxair Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Praxair Inc. Offices and Representations
Praxair Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Praxair Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Praxair Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Praxair Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Praxair Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Praxair Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Praxair Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Praxair Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Praxair Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Praxair Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Praxair Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Praxair Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?