- The report contains detailed information about Novozymes A/S that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Novozymes A/S. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Novozymes A/S financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Novozymes A/S competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Novozymes A/S business.
About Novozymes A/S
Novozymes A/S provides industrial enzymes, microorganisms, and biopharmaceutical ingredients. The company's biological solutions are used in the production of various products, such as biofuels, detergents, food, and animal feed.
The company operates through two segments, including Enzyme business and BioBusiness.
Enzyme Business segment
The Enzyme Business segment engages in the development, production, and distribution of enzymes, which are found in living organisms, are biodegradable proteins that catalyze biochemical reactions.
Detergent enzymes: These enzymes are used in detergents for household and industrial laundry, and automatic dishwashing.
Technical enzymes: Technical enzymes are mainly used in the transformation of starch into different kinds of sugars. This functionality is used in the starch conversion and biofuel industries. Technical enzymes are also used for other applications in the textile, leather, and forest product industries.
Food enzymes: Enzymes for the food and beverage industries are used in the manufacture of products, such as bread, wine, juice, beer, and alcohol.
Feed enzymes: Feed enzymes are used to produce animal feed products.
The BioBusiness segment, using fermentation technology, produces proteins used in the pharmaceutical industry and in household applications. It sells microorganisms for various applications in a range of industries. Microorganisms are a group of microscopic organisms, such as fungi, bacteria, and yeasts. The companys microorganisms are used in industrial and municipal wastewater treatment, as well as to reduce the need for phosphate fertilizer and to improve yields in agriculture. Biopharmaceutical ingredients are proteins and other biological substances used in the pharmaceutical industry. The companys proteins replace the proteins from humans and animals. The companys biopharmaceutical ingredients offer customers alternative solutions or help them to develop drugs and devices. Its hyaluronic acid (HA) products can improve drug delivery and the moisturizing properties of eye drops.
The company's new products include Cellic CTec, a cellulase complex for hydrolysis for production of biofuel from cellulosic feedstock; Cellic HTec, a hemicellulase complex that provides a hydrolysis boost option over Cellic CTec, that is, improves C5 sugar yields; CellPrime rAlbumin AF-G, a recombinant animal-free cell culture supplement replacing human- or bovine-derived serum albumin in industrial-scale mammalian cell culture applications; Ondea Pro, an enzyme for the brewing industry to produce beer from unmalted barley; Easyzyme, a detergent enzyme for laundry bars; Gold Crust, a baking enzyme improving crust color and decreasing baking time, as well as reducing crust separation in prebaked breads; Lipoclean, a detergent enzyme removing fat and grease stains; Opticake Fresh 50 BG, an enzyme providing freshness in cakes; and Novamyl Pro, a baking enzyme that further improves freshness in breads.
The company offers its products in Europe, the Middle East, Africa (Europe/MEA), North America, the Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
The company identifies competition from Danisco and DSM.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NOVOZYMES A/S COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NOVOZYMES A/S BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NOVOZYMES A/S SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NOVOZYMES A/S FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NOVOZYMES A/S COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Novozymes A/S Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Novozymes A/S and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Novozymes A/S and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Novozymes A/S Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Novozymes A/S Industry Position Analysis
6. NOVOZYMES A/S NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NOVOZYMES A/S EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NOVOZYMES A/S ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. DENMARK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NOVOZYMES A/S IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NOVOZYMES A/S PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NOVOZYMES A/S VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Novozymes A/S Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Novozymes A/S Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Novozymes A/S Major Shareholders
Novozymes A/S History
Novozymes A/S Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Novozymes A/S Offices and Representations
Novozymes A/S SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Novozymes A/S Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Novozymes A/S Capital Market Snapshot
Novozymes A/S Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Novozymes A/S Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Novozymes A/S Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Novozymes A/S Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Novozymes A/S 1-year Stock Charts
Novozymes A/S 5-year Stock Charts
Novozymes A/S vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Novozymes A/S vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Novozymes A/S Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?