- The report contains detailed information about Minerals Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Minerals Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Minerals Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Minerals Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Minerals Technologies Inc. business.
About Minerals Technologies Inc.
Minerals Technologies Inc., a resource and technology based company, engages in the development, production, and marketing of specialty mineral, mineral-based, and synthetic mineral products and supporting systems and services.
The company operates in two segments: Specialty Minerals and Refractories.
The Specialty Minerals segment produces and sells the synthetic mineral product precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) and processed mineral product quicklime (lime), and mines mineral ores then processes and sells natural mineral products, primarily limestone and talc. This segment's products are used principally in the paper, building materials, paint and coatings, glass, ceramic, polymer, food, automotive, and pharmaceutical industries.
PCC Products - Paper
In the paper industry, the company's PCC is used: as a filler in the production of coated and uncoated wood-free printing and writing papers; as a filler for coated and uncoated groundwood (wood-containing) paper, such as newsprint, magazine and catalog papers; and as a coating pigment for both wood-free and groundwood papers.
The company manufactures various PCC product forms using proprietary processes. Its technologies include acid-tolerant (AT) PCC, which allows PCC to be introduced to the large wood-containing segment of the printing and writing paper market, and OPACARB PCC, a family of products for paper coating.
The company owns, staffs, operates, and maintains its satellite PCC facilities, and owns or licenses the related technology. It supplies all of the customer's precipitated calcium carbonate filler requirements. The company sells to third-parties PCC produced at a satellite plant in excess of the host paper mill's requirement. It also sells a range of PCC products to paper manufacturers from production sites not associated with paper mills. These merchant facilities are located at Adams, Massachusetts; Lifford, England; and Walsum, Germany.
PCC Markets - Paper
Uncoated Wood-Free Printing and Writing Papers - North America: The company owns and operates 19 commercial satellite PCC plants located at paper mills that produce uncoated wood-free printing and writing papers in North America.
Uncoated Wood-Free Printing and Writing Papers - Outside North America: The company owns and operates 20 commercial satellite PCC plants located at paper mills that produce uncoated wood-free printing and writing papers outside of North America.
Uncoated Groundwood Paper: The company has developed and patented a system for the manufacture of groundwood paper in an acidic environment using PCC (AT PCC). The company supplies PCC to approximately 12 groundwood paper mills.
Coated Paper: The companys Opacarb product line can be used alone or in combination with other coating pigments. PCC coating products are produced at 10 of the company's PCC plants worldwide.
Specialty PCC Products and Markets
The company also produces and sells a range of dry PCC products on a merchant basis for non-paper applications. It sells surface-treated and untreated grades of PCC to the polymer industry for use in automotive and construction applications, and to the adhesives and printing inks industries. Its PCC is also used by the food and pharmaceutical industries as a source of bio-available calcium in tablets and foodstuffs, as a buffering agent in tablets, and as a mild abrasive in toothpaste. The company produces PCC for specialty applications from production sites at Adams, Massachusetts and Lifford, England.
Processed Minerals - Products and Markets
The company mines and processes natural mineral products primarily limestone and talc. It also manufactures lime, a limestone-based product. Lime produced at the company's Adams, Massachusetts, and Lifford, the United Kingdom, facilities is used primarily as a raw material for the manufacture of PCC at these sites and at satellite PCC plants, and is sold commercially to various chemical and other industries. It mines and processes GCC products at its reserves in the eastern and western parts of the United States. GCC is used and sold in the construction, automotive, a
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Minerals Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Minerals Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Minerals Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Minerals Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Minerals Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MINERALS TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Minerals Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Minerals Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Minerals Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
Minerals Technologies Inc. History
Minerals Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Minerals Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
Minerals Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Minerals Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Minerals Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Minerals Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Minerals Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Minerals Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Minerals Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Minerals Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Minerals Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Minerals Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Minerals Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Minerals Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?