- The report contains detailed information about Lubrizol Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Lubrizol Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Lubrizol Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Lubrizol Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Lubrizol Corporation business.
About Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation operates as a specialty chemical company. The company supplies technologies and produces additives, ingredients, resins, and compounds. The company's products are used in a range of applications and are sold into relatively stable markets, such as those for engine oils, specialty driveline lubricants, and metalworking fluids, as well personal care and over-the-counter pharmaceutical products, performance coatings, medical products, and compressor lubricants. The company's specialty chemical products also are used in various industries, including the construction, sporting goods, medical products, and automotive industries.
The company operates through two segments, Lubrizol Additives and Lubrizol Advanced Materials.
Lubrizol Additives segment
The Lubrizol Additives segment engages in the development of lubricant additives and supplies additives for transportation and industrial lubricants. Key components of its additive packages include antioxidants that retard oil thickening; anti-wear agents that prevent metal-to-metal contact of surfaces; corrosion inhibitors that prevent rust; detergents that prevent deposit build-up; dispersants that protect equipment by suspending contaminant particles; friction modifiers that control friction at surfaces; polymer-based viscosity modifiers that allow lubricants to operate over broad temperature ranges; and pour point depressants that control low temperature fluid thickening.
Engine Additives: The companys engine additives products offers a range of additives for lubricating engine oils, such as for gasoline, diesel, marine and stationary gas engines. They provide performance properties to lubricants that enhance fuel economy, extend equipment life, and lower vehicle emissions. The company also produces additives for fuels, refinery, and oilfield chemicals and other components to eliminate deposits and provide fuel system cleanliness, prevent wear and corrosion, improve fuel economy, improve combustion properties of fuel, and improve flow characteristics for crudes and refined products. In addition, this product line sells additive components and viscosity modifiers and provides outsourcing services for supply chain and knowledge center management. The companys customers, which include major global and regional oil companies, refineries and specialized lubricant producers and marketers, blend its additive products with their base oil and distribute the finished lubricant to end-users via retail, commercial or vehicle original equipment manufacturer (OEM) channels.
Driveline and Industrial Additives: The company is a global supplier of driveline and industrial additive products for use in driveline and industrial applications. This product line also sells viscosity modifiers and provides outsourcing services for supply chain and knowledge center management.
Driveline Additives: The companys driveline additives products include additives for driveline oils, such as automatic transmission fluids, gear oils, and farm tractor lubricants. The company sells its products to global and regional oil companies, specialized lubricant producers and marketers. The companys customers use its products to blend with their lubricant fluids and distribute the finished lubricant to end-users via retail, commercial or vehicle OEM channels.
Industrial Additives: The companys industrial additives products include additives for hydraulic lubricants, metalworking fluids, industrial gear oils and grease, as well as compressor lubricants. The company sells its products to global and regional oil companies, compressor manufacturers, and specialized lubricant producers and marketers. The companys customers use its products to blend with their fluid products and distribute the finished lubricant to end-users via retail, commercial or OEM channels. Included in this product line are ADEX emulsifiers that are designed to combine water and oil for use in producing civil explosives, and AMPS monomers.
Lubrizol Advanced Materials segment
The Lubrizol Advanced Materials segment represents a portfolio of performance chemicals used in specialty plastics
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LUBRIZOL CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LUBRIZOL CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LUBRIZOL CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LUBRIZOL CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LUBRIZOL CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Lubrizol Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Lubrizol Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Lubrizol Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Lubrizol Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Lubrizol Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. LUBRIZOL CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LUBRIZOL CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LUBRIZOL CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LUBRIZOL CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LUBRIZOL CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LUBRIZOL CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Lubrizol Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Lubrizol Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Lubrizol Corporation Major Shareholders
Lubrizol Corporation History
Lubrizol Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Lubrizol Corporation Offices and Representations
Lubrizol Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Lubrizol Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Lubrizol Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Lubrizol Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Lubrizol Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Lubrizol Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Lubrizol Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Lubrizol Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Lubrizol Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Lubrizol Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Lubrizol Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Lubrizol Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?