- The report contains detailed information about Landec Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Landec Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Landec Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Landec Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Landec Corp. business.
About Landec Corp.
Landec Corporation engages in the design, development, manufacture, and sale of polymer products for various food and agricultural products, medical devices, and licensed partner applications that incorporate its patented polymer technologies. It has two polymer technology platforms, Intelimer polymers and Hyaluronan biopolymers.
The company operates in four business segments: Food Products Technology; Commodity Trading; Hyaluronan-based Biomaterials, and Technology Licensing.
FOOD PRODUCTS TECHNOLOGY SEGMENT
The Food Products Technology segment is operated through a subsidiary, Apio, Inc. (Apio). Apios primary business is packaged fresh-cut and whole value-added products packaged in its proprietary BreatheWay packaging. The fresh-cut value-added products business markets various fresh-cut and whole vegetables to the top retail grocery chains, club stores, and foodservice suppliers. In Apios value-added operations, produce is processed by trimming, washing, mixing, and packaging into bags and trays that incorporate its BreatheWay membrane technology. Apio also licenses the BreatheWay technology to Chiquita Brands International, Inc. (Chiquita) for packaging and distribution of bananas and avocados and to Windset Farms for packaging of greenhouse grown cucumbers, peppers, and tomatoes.
As of May 30, 2010, Apio shipped 17 million cartons of produce to supermarket retailers, wholesalers, food service suppliers, and club stores throughout North America, primarily in the United States. Apio is an approved vendor for its BreatheWay packaging technology to the U.S. Military.
Apio has entered into a collaboration agreement with Seminis Vegetable Seeds, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Monsanto Company (Monsanto), to develop broccoli and cauliflower products for sale by Apio in the North American market. In June 2010, Apio entered into a license agreement with Windset Farms for Windset to utilize its proprietary breathable packaging to extend the shelf life of greenhouse grown cucumbers, peppers, and tomatoes.
COMMODITY TRADING SEGMENT
The Commodity Trading segment involves in the purchase and sale of whole commodity fruit and vegetable products to Asia through Apios export company, Cal Ex Trading Company (Cal-Ex), and from the purchase and sale of whole commodity fruit and vegetable products domestically. Through Cal-Ex, Apio is the U.S. exporters of broccoli to Asia.
HYALURONAN-BASED BIOMATERIALS SEGMENT
The Hyaluronan-based Biomaterials segment, operated through its Lifecore Biomedical, Inc. (Lifecore) subsidiary, is principally involved in the development and manufacture of products utilizing hyaluronan, a naturally occurring polysaccharide that is distributed in the extracellular matrix of connective tissues in both animals and humans. Lifecores products are primarily sold to three medical segments: ophthalmic, orthopedic, and veterinary. Lifecore also supplies hyaluronan to customers pursuing other medical applications, such as aesthetic surgery, medical device coatings, tissue engineering, and pharmaceuticals.
Lifecore establishes long-term relationships with the companies, such as Alcon and Abbott Medical Optics in ophthalmology and Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation (MTF) and Novartis AG in orthopedics. Lifecore entered into a worldwide license and development agreement with the Cleveland Clinic Foundation to develop and commercialize hyaluronan-based products and related applications. The license is for patented hyaluronan-based cross-linking technology, Corgel Biohydrogel products, can be used for products in aesthetics, orthopedics, ophthalmology, and other medical fields.
Ophthalmic Applications: Hyaluronan, in the form of a viscoelastic solution, is used to maintain a deep chamber during anterior segment surgeries (including cataract extraction and intraocular lens implantation) and to protect the corneal endothelium and other ocular tissue. Lifecore sells hyaluronan for this application to Alcon, a producer of ophthalmic surgical products in the world, for inclusion in Viscoat Ophthalmic Viscoelastic. Lifecore has developed its own viscoela
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LANDEC CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LANDEC CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LANDEC CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LANDEC CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LANDEC CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Landec Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Landec Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Landec Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Landec Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Landec Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. LANDEC CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LANDEC CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LANDEC CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LANDEC CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LANDEC CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LANDEC CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Landec Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Landec Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Landec Corp. Major Shareholders
Landec Corp. History
Landec Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Landec Corp. Offices and Representations
Landec Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Landec Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Landec Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Landec Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Landec Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Landec Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Landec Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Landec Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Landec Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Landec Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Landec Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Landec Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?