- The report contains detailed information about Kuraray Co. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Kuraray Co. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Kuraray Co. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Kuraray Co. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Kuraray Co. Ltd. business.
About Kuraray Co. Ltd.
Kuraray Co., Ltd. engages in the manufacture and sale of fibers, resins, chemicals, high performance materials, and medical products.
The company operates in three segments: chemicals and resins segment, fibers and textiles segment, and high-performance materials, medical products, and others segment.
Chemicals and Resins Segment
The companys primary products in the chemicals and resins business are based on vinyl acetate, isoprene, and methyl methacrylate (MMA).
The companys principal product offerings through its chemicals and resins segment include: Kuraray Poval; Mowiol; Kuraray Poval film; Exceval; Ethylene-viny acetate copolymer emulsion; Mowital; Eval; New EVOH barrier resin Septon; Hybrar; LIR, Isobam; Thermoplastic polyurethane Aroma chemicals and cosmetics Pharmaceutical and agricultural chemical intermediates Industrial cleaner; Industrial alcohols, diols; Methyl methacrylate; Methacrylic resin Methacrylic resin sheets; Methacryl synthetic marble PET resin; and Resin and rubber finished goods products.
The companys isoprene-related products include polymers, such as liquid isoprene rubber and the elastomers SEPTON and HYBRAR, in addition to monomers, such as aroma chemicals, pharmaceutical and agricultural chemical intermediates, and raw materials for chemical products.
Methacrylate-related products are used in living spaces, such as transparent and weather resistant resins and sheets, and synthetic marble with excellent workability and durability.
Poval Resin: Polyvinyl alcohol fiber is used in various applications, including use as a fiber-sizing agent, an adhesive, a paper-processing agent, a raw material for butyral, and as polarized film for LCDs.
Butyral Resin: Kuraray markets polyvinyl butyral resins under the trade name MOWITAL. Major applications are anticorrosive coatings, printing inks, ceramic binders, and inter-layers for shatterproof laminated safety glass for automotive and architectural glazing.
Poval Film: Utilizing povals transparency, dyeability, anti-static properties, stretchability, and molecular orientation, it is used as a base for the polarized film needed in LCD manufacturing. It is used in LCD televisions and other LCD devices, as well as increasing screen size. Water-soluble film, employing povals most significant characteristicits water solubilityis used in curved-surface printing applications.
EVAL (Food packaging): EVAL has the highest gas impermeability of any plastic. When used as a food packaging material, therefore, this resin is extremely effective at preventing the passage of oxygen, and therefore at preventing oxidation and deterioration of the contents. Its applications include food packaging material.
EVAL (Other applications): EVAL is used to make plastic fuel tanks, where its high gas impermeability protects the environment by preventing volatilized gasoline from leaking into the atmosphere. In addition, EVAL is used in wallpaper and similar applications because of its resistance to soiling.
Acrylic Resin and Sheets (General purpose): Methacrylic resins transparency and weather resistance are among the highest of any plastic. It is used in lighting fixtures, signboards, construction materials, aquaria, and automotive applications.
Optical-Use Acrylic: The Company is offering its products with light guides and diffusion plates for LCD devices, opto-screens and antireflection front plates for rear-projection televisions, and other high-performance, optical components.
SEPTON: With the elasticity of rubber and as moldable as plastic, the thermoplastic elastomer SEPTON is used as a substitute for vulcanized rubber and polyvinyl chloride in electronics materials, construction materials, tools, stationery, toys, and various other applications.
HYBRAR: Kuraray has developed thermoplastic elastomer, based on SEPTON technology but with shock-absorbing properties. This material is used in sporting goods, and auto parts.
Isoprene Specialty Chemicals: The companys FineTop industrial cleaner is a safe and easy-to-handle cleaner with a host of industrial uses, and has excellent detergent properties.
Aroma Chemicals: The comp
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. KURARAY CO. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. KURARAY CO. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. KURARAY CO. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. KURARAY CO. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. KURARAY CO. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Kuraray Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Kuraray Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Kuraray Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Kuraray Co. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Kuraray Co. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. KURARAY CO. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. KURARAY CO. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. KURARAY CO. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. KURARAY CO. LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. KURARAY CO. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. KURARAY CO. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Kuraray Co. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Kuraray Co. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Kuraray Co. Ltd. Major Shareholders
Kuraray Co. Ltd. History
Kuraray Co. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Kuraray Co. Ltd. Offices and Representations
Kuraray Co. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Kuraray Co. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Kuraray Co. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Kuraray Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Kuraray Co. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Kuraray Co. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Kuraray Co. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Kuraray Co. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Kuraray Co. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Kuraray Co. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Kuraray Co. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Kuraray Co. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?