Georgia Gulf Corp. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Georgia Gulf Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Georgia Gulf Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Georgia Gulf Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Georgia Gulf Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Georgia Gulf Corp. business.
About Georgia Gulf Corp.
Georgia Gulf Corporation engages in the manufacture and marketing of two integrated chemical product lines, chlorovinyls and aromatics.
The companys primary chlorovinyls products are chlorine, caustic soda, ethylene dichloride (EDC), vinyl chloride monomer (VCM), vinyl resins, vinyl compounds and compound additives; and its aromatics products are cumene, phenol and acetone.
The company operates through four segments: Chlorovinyls; Window and door profiles and mouldings products; Outdoor building products; and Aromatics.
The Chlorovinyls segment is an integrated chain of products, which includes chlorine, caustic soda, EDC, VCM and vinyl resins, vinyl compounds and compound additives.
The companys vinyl-based building and home improvement products are primarily marketed under the Royal Group brand names, and are managed with in two segments, Window and door profiles and mouldings; and Outdoor building products, which includes the manufacturing of siding, pipe and pipe fittings and deck, fence, and rail products.
The Aromatics segment includes cumene and the co-products phenol, acetone and alpha methyl styrene (AMS).
Products and Markets
In North America, the company is one of the producers of VCM, vinyl resins, and vinyl compounds.
Vinyl Compounds and Compound Additives: Vinyl compounds are formulated to provide specific end-use properties that allow them to be processed directly into finished products. The company produces flexible and rigid compounds, which are used in different applications, including wire and cable insulation and jacketing, electrical outlet boxes and pipe fittings, window and furniture profiles and food-grade and general-purpose bottles. The company also supplies chlorinated vinyl compounds, or CPVC, to the extrusion and injection molding markets, mainly for production of hot water pipe and pipe fittings.
Vinyl Resins: The company supplies various grades of vinyl resins to various end-use markets. In 2009, the main end-uses of its products were for pipe and pipe fittings, siding and window profiles.
VCM: During 2009, the company used approximately 99 percent of its VCM production in the manufacture of vinyl resins in its PVC manufacturing operations. VCM production not used internally is sold to other vinyl resins producers in domestic and international markets.
Chlor-alkali Products: All of the chlorine the company produces is used internally in the production of VCM. As a co-product of chlorine, caustic soda further diversifies its revenue base. The company sells substantially all of its caustic soda domestically and overseas to customers in various industries, with the pulp and paper, chemical and alumina industries constituting its major markets. Other markets for its caustic soda include soap and detergents and the water treatment industries.
Window and Door Profiles and Mouldings
The Window and Door profiles and Mouldings segment consists of extruded vinyl window and door profiles, as well as interior and exterior mouldings.
Window and Door Profiles: The company manufactures and extrudes vinyl window profiles including frames, sashes, trim and other components, as well as vinyl patio door components and fabricated patio doors, which are sold primarily to window and door fabricators. The companys sales are primarily to the custom segment of the vinyl window profile market with the profile design customized to a window fabricator's specific requirements.
Mouldings: The company manufactures and markets extruded decorative mouldings and millwork. The companys decorative trim products are used for interior mouldings, such as crown, base and chair rail. For exterior mouldings, its products are used in applications, such as brick mouldings, and as components used in the fabrication of doors, windows and spas. This product line includes a series of offerings, such as bendable trim and paintable/stainable trim.
Outdoor Building Products
Siding: The company manufactures vinyl siding, and offers a range of complementary accessories, including vinyl soffit, aluminum soffit, fascia and trim and molded vent mounts and exterio
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GEORGIA GULF CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GEORGIA GULF CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GEORGIA GULF CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GEORGIA GULF CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GEORGIA GULF CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Georgia Gulf Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Georgia Gulf Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Georgia Gulf Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Georgia Gulf Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemical Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Georgia Gulf Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. GEORGIA GULF CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GEORGIA GULF CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GEORGIA GULF CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GEORGIA GULF CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GEORGIA GULF CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GEORGIA GULF CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Georgia Gulf Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Georgia Gulf Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Georgia Gulf Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Georgia Gulf Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Georgia Gulf Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Georgia Gulf Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Georgia Gulf Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Georgia Gulf Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Georgia Gulf Corp. Major Shareholders
Georgia Gulf Corp. History
Georgia Gulf Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Georgia Gulf Corp. Offices and Representations
Georgia Gulf Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Georgia Gulf Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Georgia Gulf Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Georgia Gulf Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemical Industry Statistics
Georgia Gulf Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Georgia Gulf Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?