- The report contains detailed information about Freeworld Coatings Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Freeworld Coatings Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Freeworld Coatings Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Freeworld Coatings Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Freeworld Coatings Ltd. business.
About Freeworld Coatings Ltd.
Freeworld Coatings, Ltd. engages in the manufacture and marketing of decorative and performance coatings in southern Africa. The company markets its products worldwide. Its main brands include Plascon, Crown, Polycell, Midas, Earthcote, and Hamiltons.
Plascon: The company is a supplier of decorative paint for interior and exterior applications. It offers paint to the retail, trade and commercial markets in southern Africa. Plascon also produces a range of coatings and related products for wood furniture, as well as general industrial coatings for mobile and static machinery and a range of road marking products supplied to users throughout southern Africa. The company manufactures and distributes heavy duty coatings used for stadia, ships, refineries and other industrial applications. In conjunction with Akzo Nobel, the company also manufactures powder coatings and marine coatings.
Midas Earthcote: Midas and Earthcote products are retailed through 60 franchised paint boutiques in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Mauritius and the Netherlands.
ICC: ICC (International Colour Corporation) specializes in colourant tinting systems, offering a range of colourants for tinting architectural and industrial paint. ICC exports half of the colourant it produces.
Hamilton Brush: A manufacturer, importer and distributor of premium quality paint brushes, paint rollers and associated products, marketed to commercial enterprises and the DIY market under the Hamiltons brand. Cherry Sales, the sales and distribution arm of Hamilton Brush has a sales and distribution structure comprising in-house sales staff and sales agents. Cherry Sales also sells and distributes a range of 3M products, such as: coated abrasives and adhesive tapes, and the Energizer range of batteries and flashlights, to hardware distributors.
Freeworld Automotive Coatings: The automotive group consists of three entities, each targeted at a specific sector of the automotive coatings and related markets. DuPont Freeworld focuses on the supply of coatings to the automotive original equipment manufacturers. Freeworld Automotive Coatings is the manufacturing arm of the business for both the OEM sector and the refinish market and distributes to the refinish distributors, both independent and Freeworld-owned. The companys product range is directed at the premium sector of this market that is the manufacturer approved body shops, using licenced technology from DuPont under the Spies Hecker and Standox brand names, as well as into the mid range of this market using own technology under the Acryline Mastermix, Cargoline and Flowline brands. The company has a majority share in Prostart Investments, a distributor of refinish paint, panel and body shop equipment and ancillaries with seven branches around South Africa.
The company is organized into two operating divisions: Decorative Coatings and Performance Coatings.
Decorative coatings covers the architectural and decorative customer and product segments describing products used primarily in the do it yourself (DIY) and building/construction sectors of the coatings market. It covers interior and exterior broad wall paints, roof paints and specialist decorative paints, including non-drip enamels.
Performance coatings describing high technology products used for applications primarily in the construction, industrial and automotive industries. Performance coatings are utilized to safeguard against: chronic exposure to corrosive, caustic or acidic agents, chemical mixtures or solutions; repeated exposure to high temperatures; exterior exposure of steel and non-ferrous metal structures; and repeated heavy abrasion, including mechanical wear and repeated scrubbing with industrial grade solvents, cleansers or scouring agents.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FREEWORLD COATINGS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FREEWORLD COATINGS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FREEWORLD COATINGS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FREEWORLD COATINGS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FREEWORLD COATINGS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Freeworld Coatings Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Freeworld Coatings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Freeworld Coatings Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Freeworld Coatings Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Freeworld Coatings Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. FREEWORLD COATINGS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FREEWORLD COATINGS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FREEWORLD COATINGS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SOUTH AFRICA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FREEWORLD COATINGS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FREEWORLD COATINGS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FREEWORLD COATINGS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Freeworld Coatings Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Freeworld Coatings Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Freeworld Coatings Ltd. Major Shareholders
Freeworld Coatings Ltd. History
Freeworld Coatings Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Freeworld Coatings Ltd. Offices and Representations
Freeworld Coatings Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Freeworld Coatings Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Freeworld Coatings Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Freeworld Coatings Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Freeworld Coatings Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Freeworld Coatings Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Freeworld Coatings Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Freeworld Coatings Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Freeworld Coatings Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Freeworld Coatings Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Freeworld Coatings Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Freeworld Coatings Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?