- The report contains detailed information about FMC Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for FMC Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The FMC Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes FMC Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of FMC Corp. business.
About FMC Corp.
FMC Corporation, a chemical company, provides solutions, applications, and products for agricultural, consumer, and industrial markets worldwide.
The company operates in three business segments: Agricultural Products, Specialty Chemicals and Industrial Chemicals.
The Agricultural Products segment develops, manufactures, and sells a portfolio of crop protection, professional pest control, and lawn and garden products. It develops, markets, and sells three major classes of crop protection chemicals, including insecticides, herbicides, and fungicides. These products are used in agriculture to improve crop yield by controlling a spectrum of insects, weeds, and disease, as well as pest control in non-agricultural markets.
Insecticides are used to control a range of insects, including chewing pests (such as caterpillars) and sucking pests (such as aphids). Insecticides are applied as sprays, dusts or granules and are used on various crops, such as fruits, vegetables, cotton, soybean, corn and cereals. There are various major classes of insecticide chemistries, including organophosphates, carbamates, pyrethroids, and neonicotinoids. Herbicides prevent or inhibit weed growth, thereby reducing or eliminating the need for manual or mechanical weeding. Fungicides prevent or inhibit the spread of plant disease which can adversely impact crop yields and quality. Fungicides are used on various crops, such as fruits, vegetables, soybean, cereals, and rice.
The company accesses key western European markets through a Belgian-based pesticide distribution company, Belchim Crop Protection N.V., in which it has an ownership interest. It also has joint venture arrangements with Nufarm Limited in three countries in eastern Europe, which allows it to capitalize on growth in this part of Europe. In North America, the company accesses the market through major national and regional distributors. In the agricultural market of Brazil, the company accesses the market in part through independent distributors and in part, it sells directly to large growers.
Competition: The company identifies competition from Syngenta AG; Bayer AG; Monsanto Company; BASF AG; The Dow Chemical Company; E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (DuPont); Makhteshim-Agan Industries Ltd.; Sumitomo Chemical Company Limited; Nufarm Limited; Arysta LifeScience Corporation; United Phosphorous Limited; and Cheminova A/S.
The Specialty Chemicals segment is focused on food ingredients, pharmaceutical excipients and encapsulants, biomedical technologies, and lithium specialty products. It primarily offers specialty chemicals to customers in non-cyclical end markets.
This segment consists of its BioPolymer and lithium businesses and focuses on food ingredients that are used to improve texture, structure, and physical stability, pharmaceutical additives for binding, encapsulation, and disintegrant applications, ultrapure biopolymers for medical devices and lithium specialties for pharmaceutical synthesis, specialty polymers, and energy storage.
BioPolymer: BioPolymer serves the food, pharmaceutical, and biomedical device markets. BioPolymer is a supplier of microcrystalline cellulose (MCC), carrageenan and alginatesingredients that have high value-added applications in the production of food, pharmaceutical, and other specialty consumer and industrial products. MCC, processed from specialty grades of both hardwood pulp and softwood pulp, provides binding and disintegrant properties for dry tablets and capsules. Carrageenan and alginates, both processed from seaweed, are used in food, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and biopharmaceutical applications, which provide alginate and carrageenan-based encapsulant technologies for pharmaceutical and nutraceutical uses. In its Novamatrix business the company is developing technology platforms within biomedical markets which develop and provide ultrapure biopolymers and application know-how for biomedical devices.
Lithium: Lithium is a vertically-integrated technology business, based on both inorganic and organic lithium chemistries. It focuses on energy storage,
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FMC CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FMC CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FMC CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FMC CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FMC CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. FMC Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of FMC Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of FMC Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. FMC Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. FMC Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. FMC CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FMC CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FMC CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FMC CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FMC CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FMC CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
FMC Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
FMC Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
FMC Corp. Major Shareholders
FMC Corp. History
FMC Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
FMC Corp. Offices and Representations
FMC Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
FMC Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
FMC Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
FMC Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
FMC Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
FMC Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
FMC Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
FMC Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
FMC Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
FMC Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
FMC Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
FMC Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?