- The report contains detailed information about Elementis plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Elementis plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Elementis plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Elementis plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Elementis plc business.
About Elementis plc
Elementis plc operates as a specialty chemicals company comprising four separate businesses, such as Specialties, Pigments, Chromium and Specialty Rubber
Elementis Chromium produces chromium chemicals. It manufactures the complete range of chromium chemicals.
Chromium is a adaptable element and Elementis Chromium products are used in various applications including leather tanning - producing quality leathers for garment and footware manufacture; timber treatment - extending the life of timber by repelling insect and fungal attack; metal finishing - providing metals and plastics with a strong, tarnish-resistant finish.
Products: Chromium products include dichromate, chrome sulphate, chromic acid, chromic oxide, chromic hydrate, sodium sulphate.
Elementis CA21 is approximately 2mm in diameter, three times larger than typical crystal chromic acids, and sets new standards in low dusting properties and safety in handling. It has very low levels of impurities, such as sulphates and insolubles, which are very important both for decorative and functional chrome plating applications. Elementis CA21 is also used in formulating industrial wood preservatives where it binds active biocides to the wood surface.
Specialties & Pigments
Elementis Specialties: Elementis Specialties produces organoclays and other rheological additives and also manufactures colorants, specialty additives and polymers.
Elementis Specialties additives improve the feel, flow and finish of everyday products - rheological additives provide controlled flow, leveling and antisettling properties to paint/coatings, ink, cosmetics and other products; rheological additives are used in oil exploration drilling to assist in extremes of heat and pressure; rheological products improve the water resistance of mascara and the feel of hand lotions; other additives eradicate sagging in plasters and improves the application of self-leveling concrete; micronised waxes increase the resistance of inks to scuffing during the printing process.
Products: Elementis Specialties products include organoclays, rheological additives, colourants, waxes, other specialty additives.
BENTONE HD is a hyperdispersible hectorite clay designed for high performance Industrial and Automotive Waterborne Coatings.
Elementis Pigments: Elementis Pigments produces synthetic iron oxide pigments and also produces zinc products and carboxylates.
Elementis Pigments produces synthetic iron oxides and complementary products. It also supplies chrome oxide pigments.
Elementis Pigments Copperas Red product offers unique benefits to various industries. The color shade, purity and color reproducibility makes Copperas the product of choice in coatings, plastics, regulatory and specialty chemical applications.
With a color range including red, yellow, black, green and natural earth tones - these products have uses including: coatings - architectural OEM and special purpose coatings; quality synthetic black iron oxides are used in printer and copier toner, as well as cosmetic applications such as mascara; construction-grade pigments are added to block paving, roof tiles and masonry bricks; performance color blends serve the automotive industry.
The range of carboxylates and zinc products also has important uses in the coatings and personal care markets.
Products: Elementis Pigments products include iron oxide pigments, chromic oxide pigments, carboxylates, zinc products.
Specialty Rubber is an international manufacturer of specialist rubber based products marketed under the trade name of Linatex. It also has a distribution business in the Netherlands, Bergmann Industrial.
Products: Specialty Rubber products include abrasion resistant rubber - sheet, mouldings, fabricated products, linings, screens.
Linatex Rubber is manufactured directly from natural rubber latex, using effluent free continuous process based upon microwave technology that increases Linatexs superiority over competitive products in wet abrasion resistance. Linatex is available in both sheet for site re-lining of equipment and in moulded products, where Linatexs unrivalled experience in the moulding of large, complex parts offers the customer outstanding performance in pumps, mills and cyclones.
The companys major markets include North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
In June 2004, the company acquired Sasol Servo B.V. The acquisition is a key part of Specialties growth strategy and brings with it access to new surface technology chemistry and a European manufacturing centre of excellence for reaction chemistry.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ELEMENTIS PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ELEMENTIS PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ELEMENTIS PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ELEMENTIS PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ELEMENTIS PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Elementis plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Elementis plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Elementis plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Elementis plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Elementis plc Industry Position Analysis
6. ELEMENTIS PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ELEMENTIS PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ELEMENTIS PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ELEMENTIS PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ELEMENTIS PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ELEMENTIS PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Elementis plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Elementis plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Elementis plc Major Shareholders
Elementis plc History
Elementis plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Elementis plc Offices and Representations
Elementis plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Elementis plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Elementis plc Capital Market Snapshot
Elementis plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Elementis plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Elementis plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Elementis plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Elementis plc 1-year Stock Charts
Elementis plc 5-year Stock Charts
Elementis plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Elementis plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Elementis plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?