- The report contains detailed information about Eastman Chemical Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Eastman Chemical Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Eastman Chemical Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Eastman Chemical Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Eastman Chemical Co. business.
About Eastman Chemical Co.
Eastman Chemical Company, a chemical company, engages in the manufacture and sale of chemicals, plastics, and fibers.
The companys products and operations are managed through five segments: the Coatings, Adhesives, Specialty Polymers, and Inks (CASPI) segment; the Fibers segment; the Performance Chemicals and Intermediates (PCI) segment; the Performance Polymers segment; and the Specialty Plastics (SP) segment.
CASPI segment manufactures resins, specialty polymers, and solvents which are integral to the production of paints and coatings, inks, adhesives, and other formulated products. The segments specialty products include cellulose-based specialty polymers, coalescents, and selected hydrocarbon resins. The commodity products include commodity solvents and base resins.
The polymers product line consists of cellulose-based specialty polymers and olefin-based performance products. Eastman's cellulose-based specialty polymers improve the aesthetic appeal and improve the performance of industrial and transportation coatings and inks. Olefin-based products are used as base polymers in hot-melt adhesives, paper laminating, sealants, and pressure sensitive adhesives. They are also used as elastomer extenders in sealants and waterproofing compounds for wire and cable flooding applications. The polymers product line also includes chlorinated polyolefins, which promote the adherence of paints and coatings to plastic substrates.
The resins product line consists of hydrocarbon resins, rosin resins, and resin dispersions. These products are sold primarily to adhesive formulators and consumer product companies for use as raw materials essential in hot-melt and pressure sensitive adhesives and as binders in nonwoven products, such as disposable diapers, feminine products, and pre-saturated wipes. Eastman offers a product portfolio of essential ingredients for the adhesives industry. In addition, Eastman manufactures hydrogenated gum rosins used in chewing gum applications. Eastman resins are also used in a range of applications, including plastics and rubber modification and inks.
The solvents product line includes specialty coalescents and ketones and commodity esters, glycol ethers, and alcohol solvents. Coalescents include products, such as Texanol ester alcohol, which improves film formation and durability in architectural latex paints. Ketones consist of low volatile organic compound (VOC) solvents used in high solids coatings applications. Commodity solvents, which consist of esters, glycol ether, and alcohol solvents, are used in both paints and inks.
Competition: The company's major competitors in the CASPI segment's markets include companies, such as BASF SE (BASF), Dow Chemical Company (Dow), and Exxon Mobil Corporation.
Fibers segment manufactures and sells Estron acetate tow and Estrobond triacetin plasticizers for use primarily in the manufacture of cigarette filters; Estron natural and Chromspun solution-dyed acetate yarns for use in apparel, home furnishings and industrial fabrics; and cellulose acetate flake and acetyl raw materials for other acetate fiber producers.
Acetate Tow: The company manufactures acetate tow under the Estron trademark according to various customer specifications, primarily for use in the manufacture of cigarette filters.
Acetate Yarn: The company manufactures acetate filament yarn under the Estron and Chromspun trademarks in various specifications. Consisting of pure cellulose acetate, Estron acetate yarn is available in bright and dull luster and is suitable for subsequent dyeing in the fabric form. Chromspun acetate yarn is solution-dyed in the manufacturing process.
Acetyl Chemical Products: The Fibers segment's acetyl chemical products sold to other acetate fiber producers include cellulose diacetate flake, acetylation-grade acetic acid, and acetic anhydride. Each is used as a raw material for the production of cellulose acetate fibers. The Fibers segment also markets acetyl-based triacetin plasticizers under the Estrobond trademark, generally for use by ci
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Eastman Chemical Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Eastman Chemical Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Eastman Chemical Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Eastman Chemical Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Eastman Chemical Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Eastman Chemical Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Eastman Chemical Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Eastman Chemical Co. Major Shareholders
Eastman Chemical Co. History
Eastman Chemical Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Eastman Chemical Co. Offices and Representations
Eastman Chemical Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Eastman Chemical Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Eastman Chemical Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Eastman Chemical Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Eastman Chemical Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Eastman Chemical Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Eastman Chemical Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Eastman Chemical Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Eastman Chemical Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Eastman Chemical Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Eastman Chemical Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Eastman Chemical Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?