- The report contains detailed information about Croda International plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Croda International plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Croda International plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Croda International plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Croda International plc business.
About Croda International plc
Croda International plc (the Company or Croda) was formed in 1925. Croda is one of the producers of speciality chemicals.
Products & Markets
Personal Care: Croda is a major supplier of raw materials into the personal care industry. Many of the companys products are based on natural feedstocks from renewable resources. These raw materials are converted into functional ingredients for use in cosmetics and other personal care products.
Croda was founded to produce lanolin for the skincare market. Whilst lanolin and its derivatives remain important, the Sederma division supplies highly sophisticated skincare actives to many of the major cosmetic houses.
Pharmaceutical & nutritional: Croda is a major supplier to the pharmaceutical, nutritional and veterinary industries. The Company has a wide range of pharmaceutical excipients and nutritional ingredients that meet the most stringent customer demands, including actives, carriers for drug delivery, essential fatty acids, protein derivatives and biopolymers.
Croda's innovation in speciality lipids began with the development of Lorenzo's Oil, a treatment for the neurological disorder adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD), collaborating with research institutes to this day. Croda specialises in manufacturing products of exceptional purity, delivered to high standards and supported by full clinical data. Recent clinical trials have shown that dietary supplements incorporating Croda's speciality lipids can decrease the incidence of skin cancer and photoageing and reduce the insulin dependence of diabetes.
Croda have also invested in a major production facility in partnership with Provensis Ltd, a subsidiary of BTG, to manufacture Polidocanol. This is the active ingredient in the Varisolve® treatment for varicose veins, which provides a painless alternative to surgery.
Croda products can be used in many applications that include:
Pharmaceutical: Topical, Parenteral Oral / enteral, Pulmonary, Opthalmic, Nutrition, Nutraceuticals, Functional foods and Dietary supplements
Nutritional: Nutraceuticals, Functional foods and Dietary supplements
Animalhealth: Topical, Parenteral and Oral additives
Croda's range of speciality chemicals are used in many home care applications throughout the world. The Company produces ingredients that can be used in a wide variety of applications, from household cleaners to heavy-duty industrial cleaning products.
Croda's functional raw materials help to clean, polish and protect its customer's household possessions. Croda develops formulae drawn upon the latest technology in surfactant chemistry and customer market trends.
Croda products can be used in many applications including: Air fresheners,Antistatic agents, Barrier preparations & hand cleaners, Bathroom, shower & toilet cleaners, Carpet & upholstery cleaners, Fabric care, Furniture, shoe & leather polishes, Heavy duty cleaners, Kitchen cleaners and Window cleaners
Croda has a worldwide presence as a supplier of speciality emulsifiers, esters and lanolin derivatives for a wide range of industries. Whilst industrial applications may conjure up images of heavy industry and dark coloured liquids, Croda's technology developments have applied just as much to the use of lanolin and other natural ingredients in industrial markets as for skin care.
Croda is a key player in the industrial explosives market, selling its Anfomul speciality emulsifiers to manufacturers of emulsion explosives. Croda has developed its own patented polymeric emulsifier technology, designed to meet the demanding needs of this specialist market.
Croda products can be used in many applications including: Agrochemicals,Emulsion explosives, Fire fighting chemicals, Leather processing,Metalworking & lubricants, Paper, pulp & tissue additives, Printing inks andTechnical vegetable oils
Croda Oleochemicals is a speciality additives for plastics and rubber. With a strong emphasis on natural chemistry, the company manufactures a wide range of high quality products designed to optimise polymer processing. These polymer additives are used worldwide to modify and enhance the properties of many plastics and rubbers.
Croda Universal has launched Incroslip C, a new additive for closures used in the rapidly growing bottled water market.
Croda Food Services Ltd, based in Oldham, England, is a specialist manufacturer of technical oils and fats for use in the large-scale manufacture of all kinds of baked products and products manufactured in the large-scale food processing industry.
The Company has sales through out the world including: Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Czech Republic, France Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Spain Sweden, Canada, Latin America, Mexico, USA, Argentina and Brazil.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CRODA INTERNATIONAL PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CRODA INTERNATIONAL PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CRODA INTERNATIONAL PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CRODA INTERNATIONAL PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CRODA INTERNATIONAL PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Croda International plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Croda International plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Croda International plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Croda International plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Croda International plc Industry Position Analysis
6. CRODA INTERNATIONAL PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CRODA INTERNATIONAL PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CRODA INTERNATIONAL PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CRODA INTERNATIONAL PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CRODA INTERNATIONAL PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CRODA INTERNATIONAL PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Croda International plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Croda International plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Croda International plc Major Shareholders
Croda International plc History
Croda International plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Croda International plc Offices and Representations
Croda International plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Croda International plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Croda International plc Capital Market Snapshot
Croda International plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Croda International plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Croda International plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Croda International plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Croda International plc 1-year Stock Charts
Croda International plc 5-year Stock Charts
Croda International plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Croda International plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Croda International plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?