- The report contains detailed information about Celanese Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Celanese Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Celanese Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Celanese Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Celanese Corp. business.
About Celanese Corp.
Celanese Corporation produces chemicals and advanced materials. The company produces acetyl products, which are intermediate chemicals for major industries. It produces engineered polymers that are used in various applications. The companys operations are primarily located in North America, Europe, and Asia.
The company operates principally through four business segments, including Advanced Engineered Materials, Consumer Specialties, Industrial Specialties, and Acetyl Intermediates.
Advanced Engineered Materials
The Advanced Engineered Materials segment develops, produces and supplies a portfolio of technical polymers for application in automotive and electronics products, as well as other consumer and industrial applications. The primary products of Advanced Engineered Materials are POM, PPS, LFRT, PBT, PET, GUR, and LCP. POM, PPS, LFRT, PBT and PET are used in a range of products, including automotive components, electronics, appliances and industrial applications. GUR is used in battery separators, conveyor belts, filtration equipment, coatings and medical devices. Primary end markets for LCP are electrical and electronics.
Advanced Engineered Materials customer base consists primarily of various plastic molders and component suppliers, which typically supply original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
POM is sold under the trademark Hostaform in all regions. In North America, it is sold under the trademark Celcon. Polyplastics and KEPCO are suppliers of POM and other engineering resins in the Asia-Pacific region. POM is used for mechanical parts, including door locks and seat belt mechanisms, in automotive applications and in electrical, consumer and medical applications, such as drug delivery systems and gears for appliances.
GUR is an engineered material used in heavy-duty automotive and industrial applications, such as car battery separator panels and industrial conveyor belts, as well as in specialty medical and consumer applications, such as sports equipment and prostheses. GUR micro powder grades are used for filters, membranes, diagnostic devices, coatings and additives for thermoplastics and elastomers. GUR fibers are also used in protective ballistic applications.
Celstran and Compel are long fiber reinforced thermoplastics, which impart extra strength and stiffness, making them suitable for larger parts than conventional thermoplastics and are used in automotive, transportation and industrial applications.
Polyesters such as Celanex PBT, Celanex PET, Vandar, a series of PBT-polyester blends and Riteflex, a thermoplastic polyester elastomer, are used in various automotive, electrical and consumer applications, including ignition system parts, radiator grilles, electrical switches, appliance and sensor housings, light emitting diodes (LEDs) and technical fibers.
Liquid crystal polymers, such as Vectra, are used in electrical and electronics applications and for precision parts with thin walls and complex shapes or on high-heat cookware applications.
Fortron, a PPS product, is used in various automotive and other applications, especially those requiring heat and/or chemical resistance, including fuel system parts, radiator pipes and halogen lamp housings, often replacing metal. Other possible application fields include non-woven filtration devices, such as coal fired power plants. Fortron is manufactured by Fortron Industries LLC (Fortron), Advanced Engineered Materials 50% owned strategic venture with Kureha Corporation of Japan.
Advanced Engineered Materials principal competitors include BASF AG (BASF), E. I. DuPont de Nemours and Company (DuPont), DSM N.V., Sabic Innovative Plastics and Solvay S.A. Smaller regional competitors include Asahi Kasei Corporation, Mitsubishi Gas Chemicals, Inc., Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, L.P., Braskem S.A., Lanxess AG, Teijin, Sumitomo, Inc., and Toray Industries Inc.
The Consumer Specialties segment consists of the companys Acetate Products and Nutrinova businesses. Its Acetate Products business primarily produces and supplies acetate tow, which is used in the production
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CELANESE CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CELANESE CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CELANESE CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CELANESE CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CELANESE CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Celanese Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Celanese Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Celanese Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Celanese Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Celanese Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. CELANESE CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CELANESE CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CELANESE CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CELANESE CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CELANESE CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CELANESE CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Celanese Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Celanese Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Celanese Corp. Major Shareholders
Celanese Corp. History
Celanese Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Celanese Corp. Offices and Representations
Celanese Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Celanese Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Celanese Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Celanese Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Celanese Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Celanese Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Celanese Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Celanese Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Celanese Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Celanese Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Celanese Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Celanese Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?