- The report contains detailed information about Calgon Carbon Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Calgon Carbon Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Calgon Carbon Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Calgon Carbon Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Calgon Carbon Corporation business.
About Calgon Carbon Corporation
Calgon Carbon Corporation offers products, services, and solutions for purifying water and air.
The company has operations in three segments: Activated Carbon and Service, Equipment, and Consumer.
The Activated Carbon and Service segment manufactures granular and powdered activated carbon for use in applications to remove organic compounds from water, air, and other liquids and gases. The service aspect of the segment consists of the leasing, monitoring, and maintenance of carbon adsorption equipment.
The Equipment segment provides solutions to customers air and water purification problems through the design, fabrication, installation, and sale of equipment systems that utilize a combination of the companys enabling technologies: carbon adsorption, ultraviolet light (UV), and advanced ion exchange separation (ISEP).
The Consumer segment primarily consists of the manufacture and sale of carbon cloth and new consumer products which utilize the companys technologies used in large-scale industrial applications.
Products and Services
The company offers a range of products, services, and equipment specifically developed for the purification, separation, and concentration of liquids, gases, and other media through its segments.
Activated Carbon and Service: The sale of activated carbon is the principle component of the Activated Carbon and Service business segment.
The primary raw material used in the production of the companys activated carbons is bituminous coal which is crushed, sized and then processed in low temperature kilns followed by high temperature furnaces. The company also markets activated carbons from other raw materials, including coconut and wood.
The company produces and sells a range of activated, impregnated or acid washed carbons in granular, powdered or pellet form. Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) particles are irregular in shape and used in fixed filter beds for continuous flow purification processes. Powdered Activated Carbon (PAC) is carbon which has been pulverized into powder and often used in batch purification processes, in municipal water applications and for flue gas emissions control. Pelletized activated carbons are extruded particles, cylindrical in shape, and typically used for gas phase applications due to the low pressure drop.
Another component of the Activated Carbon and Service business segment are the optional services associated with supplying the companys products and systems required for purification, separation, concentration, taste and odor control. The company offers a variety of treatment services at customer facilities including carbon supply, equipment leasing, installation and demobilization, transportation, and spent carbon reactivation. Other services include feasibility testing, process design, performance monitoring, and major maintenance of company-owned equipment. The central component of the companys service business is reactivation of spent carbon and re-supply.
The company is permitted to handle spent carbons containing hazardous and non-hazardous organic compounds. This recycling is conducted at various locations throughout the world. Granular activated carbon is reactivated for environmental and economic reasons to destroy hazardous adsorbed organic compounds and also to conserve natural resources. The company provides reactivation/recycling services in packages ranging from a 55 gallon drum to truckload quantities.
Transportation services are offered via bulk activated carbon deliveries and spent carbon returns through the companys private fleet of trailers, capable of transporting both RCRA hazardous and non-hazardous material.
Purification services provided by the company are used to improve the quality of water, food, chemical, pharmaceutical and petrochemical products. These services may be utilized in permanent installations or in temporary applications, such as pilot studies for new manufacturing processes or recovery of off-specification products.
Equipment: Along with providing activated carbon products, the company has developed a line of standardized, pre-engineered, adsorption systemscapable of
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CALGON CARBON CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CALGON CARBON CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CALGON CARBON CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CALGON CARBON CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CALGON CARBON CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Calgon Carbon Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Calgon Carbon Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Calgon Carbon Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Calgon Carbon Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Calgon Carbon Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. CALGON CARBON CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CALGON CARBON CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CALGON CARBON CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CALGON CARBON CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CALGON CARBON CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CALGON CARBON CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Calgon Carbon Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Calgon Carbon Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Calgon Carbon Corporation Major Shareholders
Calgon Carbon Corporation History
Calgon Carbon Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Calgon Carbon Corporation Offices and Representations
Calgon Carbon Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Calgon Carbon Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Calgon Carbon Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Calgon Carbon Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Calgon Carbon Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Calgon Carbon Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Calgon Carbon Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Calgon Carbon Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Calgon Carbon Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Calgon Carbon Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Calgon Carbon Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Calgon Carbon Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?