- The report contains detailed information about Cabot Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cabot Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cabot Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cabot Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cabot Corp. business.
About Cabot Corp.
Cabot Corporation operates as a specialty chemical and performance materials company worldwide. The company's principal products are rubber and specialty grade carbon blacks, fumed metal oxides, tantalum and related products, inkjet colorants, aerogels, and cesium formate drilling fluids.
The company operates in four business segments: the Core Segment; the Performance Segment; the New Business Segment; and the Specialty Fluids Segment.
The Core Segment includes the Rubber Blacks and the Supermetals Businesses.
Rubber Blacks Business
Products: The companys rubber blacks products are used in tires and industrial products. Rubber blacks have traditionally been used in the tire industry as a rubber reinforcing agent and are also used as a performance additive. In industrial products, such as hoses, belts, extruded profiles, and molded goods, rubber blacks are used to improve the physical performance of the product. In addition to the carbon black it makes using conventional carbon black manufacturing methods, the company has developed elastomer composite products (referred to as cabot elastomer composites or CEC) that are compounds of natural rubber and carbon black made by a patented liquid phase process. The companys CEC products are targeted primarily for tire applications.
Customers: The company's major customer includes The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company.
Products: The company produces tantalum, niobium (columbium) and their alloys. Tantalum is produced in various forms. Electronics is the major application for tantalum powder, which is used to make capacitors for computers, networking devices, wireless phones, electronics for automobiles, and other devices. Tantalum, niobium, and their alloys are also produced in wrought form for applications, such as the production of superalloys and chemical process equipment and for various other industrial and aerospace applications, including fiber optic filters, sodium vapor lamps, turbine blades, and aerospace propulsion systems. In addition, the Supermetals Business sells the starting metals (high-purity grade tantalum powders, plates and ingots) used to manufacture finished tantalum sputtering targets used in thin film applications, including semiconductors, inkjet heads, magnetics, and flat panel displays.
The Performance Segment includes two product lines: specialty grades of carbon black and thermoplastic concentrates (performance products); and fumed silica, fumed alumina, and dispersions thereof (fumed metal oxides). These products are used in various market segments across the automotive, construction and infrastructure, and electronics and consumer products sectors.
Carbon black is a form of elemental carbon that is manufactured in a controlled process to produce particles and aggregates of varied structure and surface chemistry, resulting in different performance characteristics for various applications. The companys specialty grades of carbon black are used to impart color, provide rheology control, enhance conductivity and static charge control, provide UV protection, enhance mechanical properties, and provide chemical flexibility through surface treatment. These products are used in various applications, such as inks, coatings, cables, pipes, toners, and electronics. In addition, the company manufactures and sources thermoplastic concentrates and compounds that are marketed to the plastics industry.
Fumed silica is an ultra-fine, high-purity particle used as a reinforcing, thickening, abrasive, thixotropic, suspending, or anti-caking agent in various products produced for the automotive, construction, microelectronics, and consumer products industries. These products include adhesives, sealants, cosmetics, inks, toners, silicone rubber, coatings, polishing slurries, and pharmaceuticals. Fumed alumina, also an ultra-fine, high-purity particle, is used as an abrasive, absorbent or barrier agent in various products, such as inkjet media, lighting, coatings, cosmetics, and polishing slurries.
NEW BUSINESS SEGMENT
The New Business Segment includes
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CABOT CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CABOT CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CABOT CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CABOT CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CABOT CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cabot Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cabot Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cabot Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cabot Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cabot Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. CABOT CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CABOT CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CABOT CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CABOT CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CABOT CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CABOT CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cabot Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cabot Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cabot Corp. Major Shareholders
Cabot Corp. History
Cabot Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cabot Corp. Offices and Representations
Cabot Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cabot Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cabot Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Cabot Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Cabot Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cabot Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cabot Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cabot Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Cabot Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Cabot Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cabot Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cabot Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?