- The report contains detailed information about Braskem S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Braskem S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Braskem S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Braskem S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Braskem S.A. business.
About Braskem S.A.
Braskem S.A. produces petrochemical resins in the Americas. The company also produces petrochemical resins worldwide.
The companys business operations are organized into three production business units and one distribution business unit. Its business units are as follows: Basic Petrochemicals; Polyolefins; Vinyls; and Chemical Distribution.
Basic Petrochemicals Unit
Basic Petrochemicals Unit produces olefins, such as ethylene, polymer and chemical grade propylene, butadiene, isoprene and butene-1; aromatics, such as benzene, toluene, para-xylene, ortho-xylene and mixed xylene; caprolactam. cyclohexane, cyclohexanone and ammonium sulfate; fuels, such as automotive gasoline and liquefied petroleum gas, or LPG; and methyl tertiary butyl ether, or MTBE, solvent C9, and pyrolysis C9.
The products of the companys Basic Petrochemicals Unit are used primarily in the manufacture of intermediate second generation petrochemical products, including those manufactured by its other business units. Basic Petrochemicals Unit also supply utilities to other plants located in the Northeastern Complex and the Southern Complex and render services to the operators of those plants.
The companys other business units and third-party petrochemical producers use ethylene and propylene produced by its Basic Petrochemicals Unit to produce second generation products, such as polyethylene, polypropylene and PVC. It also sells butadiene and various aromatics, such as benzene, para-xylene, ortho-xylene, and mixed xylenes, to third-party petrochemical producers for use as raw materials in the production of various second generation products, including synthetic rubber, elastomers, resins, ethyl benzene (which is used to make styrene monomer/polystyrene), cumene, linear alkyl benzene, purified terephthalic acid, dimethyl terephthalate (DMT), phthalic anhydride, plasticizers, and paint. In addition to basic petrochemicals and fuels, the company produces electric power, steam, treated water, and compressed air for its own use and for sale to other second generation producers in the Northeastern Complex and the Southern Complex.
Olefins: The companys primary olefins products include polymer grade ethylene and propylene, also known as monomers.
Aromatics: Aromatics are hydrocarbons identified by one or more benzene rings or by chemical behavior similar to benzene. Aromatics react to add other active molecular groups, such as nitrates and sulfonates.
Condensate: Condensate is a low-density mixture of hydrocarbon liquids that are present in gaseous from in the raw natural gas produced from natural fields and recovered through a condensation process. The company resells condensate that it purchases from its raw material suppliers to Refinaria de Petroleo Riograndense S.A. for refining into naphtha which it then purchases from Refinaria de Petroleo Riograndense S.A.
Caprolactam and Related Products: Caprolactam is a raw material that forms the basis for the production of Nylon-6 textile thread, engineering resins and film, and is a structural material in the motor and electronics industries. The company also produces ammonium sulfate for use as a fertilizer, and cyclohexane and cyclohexanone, both for use in paint solvents, pesticides, natural resins, oils, and rubber.
Fuels: The company produces and sells both automotive gasoline and LPG.
Utilities: The company produces electric power, steam, compressed air and clarified drinking and demineralized water, some of which are by-products of its production of basic petrochemicals. Its utilities facilities include units for thermoelectric power generation, water treatment and the production of steam and compressed air.
Supply Arrangements with SONATRACH: La Société Nationale pour la Recherché, la Production, le Transport, la Transformation et la Commercialisation des HydrocarburesSONATRACH (the Algerian national petroleum company), or SONATRACH, is the companys supplier of imported naphtha and condensate.
Sales and Marketing of Basic Petrochemicals Unit
Basic Petrochemicals: The company sells basic petrochemical products principally in Brazil, mainly to petrochemical prod
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BRASKEM S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BRASKEM S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BRASKEM S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BRASKEM S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BRASKEM S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Braskem S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Braskem S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Braskem S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Braskem S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Chemicals Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Braskem S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. BRASKEM S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BRASKEM S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BRASKEM S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BRAZIL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BRASKEM S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BRASKEM S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BRASKEM S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Braskem S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Braskem S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Braskem S.A. Major Shareholders
Braskem S.A. History
Braskem S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Braskem S.A. Offices and Representations
Braskem S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Braskem S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Braskem S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
Braskem S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Chemicals Industry Statistics
Braskem S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Braskem S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Braskem S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Braskem S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
Braskem S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
Braskem S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Braskem S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Braskem S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?